GDT: Game # 51 Rangers vs Islanders - 7pm EST - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
If the Rangers don't score on the first 3 shifts, some here will declare them as already having lost the game.
If I'm not mistaken, didn't we beat the Islanders one game when we were initially down 2 goals? They're good, no doubt and already somewhat battle tested. They surely will be ready.
Gonna be really cool watching this game, because it will indicate just how much this team has grown, and knowing the importance of the game. THIS leads to growth from within.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
He is absolutely not a good PK guy.

And even if he were, Gauthier is a better hockey player.

People are absolutely correct to not want him sitting for demonstratively worse players.

Gauthier is a tweener AHL/NHL guy....i dont know how thats not obvious, Carolina only gave him 5 games before deciding they saw enough. He can easily be replaced and he isn't worth the amount of typing thats going on here.

Reactions: CLW

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
it’s a good call. Good things happen when they both keep those tree trunks for legs moving. They are both very hard to knock off the puck and can leave people in the dust with a speed burst. I think his finishing ability will get better with more ice time. He’s never going to finish like Zibby but his wide open nets shouldn’t miss as he gets more comfortable in games played experience
Thanks for that. I keep thinking of those couple/3 goals where his hands/talent really showed through. That breakaway, back the other way one handed, then there was another where he made an unbelievable and seemingly VERY experienced goal score could only score.....sorry, memory fails me though, cant be more specific. Anyway, surely he will become more sure of himself. Like......been there, done that more often.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Gauthier is a tweener AHL/NHL guy....i dont know how thats not obvious, Carolina only gave him 5 games before deciding they saw enough. He can easily be replaced and he isn't worth the amount of typing thats going on here.
Thanks for your input. He is not a tweener. I love how you have put that label on a 23 year old. Incredible actually. Howden is definitely a tweener, there is a nice sample size to go off of. Gauthier, in a limited time, has been a productive hockey player. Keep ignoring it tho

Reactions: gabevh3 and LokiDog

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Other than Auf, the Venn diagram of people who want more grit and the people who agree with Gauthier sitting is a circle.

I find that interesting.

Reactions: LokiDog

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
It entails a grout removal tool, a Pilsner glass full of gin, and three circus clowns. Good luck!

I can think of something like a horror movie scene where I’m the bad guy with a grudge against clowns and the gin is used as an antiseptic of sorts... is that weird?

Otherwise the clowns better be drinking the gin. I’ll stick to whiskey.

Reactions: Kaapo di tutti capi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad