GDT: Game # 51 Rangers vs Islanders - 7pm EST - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Really was. Felt like I had the shit kicked out of me in recovering from 2nd covid shot, and the only thing that kept me going, was the "possible" excitement of last nights game. Jeez, I felt like the Rangers played. Wasn't good to say the least.
Damn, I’m sorry to hear that. I don’t hear good things about that 2nd shot.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
Not going to reply to individual comments, but here are my observations:

1. We'd be a playoff team if these COVID divisions didn't exist. We got screwed over playing in the best division, which not only forced us to play against tougher opponents but also set the bar higher for points to get into the dance. What would the mood be in here if we were sitting in a playoff spot in each of the other 3 divisions?

2. Our poor start doomed us in a shortened season. Asking an incredibly young team to play absolutely flawless hockey for weeks on end was never a recipe for success. Had the team started better, every loss wouldn't be so magnified. Are we a playoff team with the additional 30 games? I think we are.

3. Speaking of the poor start, we had a lot of weird shit happen this year. Zib catches COVID and takes months to get back to form. Panarin has a political hit put out against him and misses a significant stretch of games. ADA beats up our backup goaltender and is banned from the team. I realize bumps in the road are part of a season, but its hard to see this replicating next year.

4. The kids developed tremendously. Laf is looking elite. KK dominates play and just needs to learn to start finishing more consistently. Chytil has a lot of hiccups but seems to be getting back to his start of the season quality. Miller, Fox, etc. There's a lot to look forward to.

As I've said before, if we miss the playoffs next season, it will be a bust. The strides made this year were significant and have set us up for long-term success. It is going to be an extremely importan off-season as Gorton, JD & Quinn need to bring in veterans to complement our young up and comers, especially on D. Chara was a good idea last year and I hope they're focused on buidling out that 4th line with quality vets and our 3rd pair, which needs a complete overhaul.

The only thing the 3rd pair needs is less Hajek.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Really was. Felt like I had the shit kicked out of me in recovering from 2nd covid shot, and the only thing that kept me going, was the "possible" excitement of last nights game. Jeez, I felt like the Rangers played. Wasn't good to say the least.
I'm going through that right now, can't imagine this PLUS coughing and shortness of breath.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
People equate success to effort. If the team didn't win, then they didn't try.
Exactly.

Liverpool are having a bad season and I've been reading about how they just don't care and just don't have any leaders. This team had just won four trophies in 13 months with the same f***ing roster and was widely regarded as the hardest-working team in the sport. All the warriors just forgot how to warrior I guess.

Leadership and character could potentially be something we need to work on, but fans measure it entirely on game results.

Reactions: will1066

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
We looked sluggish as hell but we also had like 40 mil in the lineup yesterday. That's less than ideal.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Ok? Cool

how is this relevant? our defense was terrible last season. What’s your point? Two different teams tied arbitrarily to a stat? because we lost by “3 goals” at the same frequency, that means our Effort was the same? No.

you said our effort has been questionable this year and it didn't happen as much as last year. I said you have a short memory and there were a lot of games last year where we looked like shit and effort was questioned.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
you said our effort has been questionable this year and it didn't happen as much as last year. I said you have a short memory and there were a lot of games last year where we looked like shit and effort was questioned.
We lost by 3 last year not because of effort, but because our defense and goaltending was leaps and bounds worse.

We lose by 3 this year because we never showed up.

two completely different reasons. Showing you that David Quinn has multiple ways to lose by 3. Can't wait for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad