Post-Game Talk: GAME 51 - BRUINS 5 Leafs 2 F - ENJOY VACATION GUYS

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
*runs around the forum high fiving everyone and throwing a box of Kleenex at Bunting*

20200201_151123.gif

VICTORY COOKIES!!!!

Triple-Chocolate-Cookies-SpendWithPennies-21-500x500.jpg

*David Coyle is torn- wants to enjoy the break but will miss the hockey*

Really happy to see guys like Carlo, Greer & Forbort getting goals. Forbort's was an absolute missile, no hesitation just rifled it past Samsonov. Greer has a good shot too and should use it more often IMO.

Charlie Coyle had a monster game- 2 assists, some good hits & blocks and his usual puck possession dominance. I just wish he had decked Bunting when he had the chance, that guy is such a weasel. Charlie was really pissed off at him too.

Power play woes continue. I'm afraid at this point of the season it is what it is.

Linus Ullmark once again kept the Bruins in the game. He's a lock for the Vezina and should definitely be a Hart candidate- this team goes nowhere without him. He's having a season like Tim Thomas did in 2010-11 & hopefully it will have the same ending.

Enjoy your vacation guys!!!

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
That was an absolute pleasure. I needed that. It's been a while. I feel energized. Can we do that again soon? Wow, just wow, I need a cigarette.......

For me.....good sex is similar to Bruins beating the Leafs because I say similar thing afterwards :)

P.S. Carlo has more goals than Horvat after the trade! ......
LOVE THIS!!! hahahahahahaha

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
*David Coyle is torn- wants to enjoy the break but will miss the hockey*

Really happy to see guys like Carlo, Greer & Forbort getting goals. Forbort's was an absolute missile, no hesitation just rifled it past Samsonov. Greer has a good shot too and should use it more often IMO.

Charlie Coyle had a monster game- 2 assists, some good hits & blocks and his usual puck possession dominance. I just wish he had decked Bunting when he had the chance, that guy is such a weasel. Charlie was really pissed off at him too.

Power play woes continue. I'm afraid at this point of the season it is what it is.

Linus Ullmark once again kept the Bruins in the game. He's a lock for the Vezina and should definitely be a Hart candidate- this team goes nowhere without him. He's having a season like Tim Thomas did in 2010-11 & hopefully it will have the same ending.

Enjoy your vacation guys!!!
Huge game from Coyle.

Reactions: BMC and hrdpuk

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Leafs really need to go out and get some D at the deadline. Thank god we have 73 and 27 and not them. It really shows in their assignments in front of the net. They hung that goalie out to dry tonight pretty consistently.

Zacha signing is going to be a sneaky good one for years to come. Let him absorb all the knowledge now from 37/46/63/88. Just hive mind those 4.
“Hive mind” lol. That about sums it up!

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I actually think he’s our best defenseman on the roster right now. And that is in no way meant to be a slight on McAvoy, who’s been really good too. I just think Lindholm has been THAT good…
I 100% agree. I think somehow lindholm is even better than mcavoy. But last night Carlo was their best defender.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Unless/until they stop pouring all their money into the forwards they won't be able to do a thing about defense & goaltending. Looks like management expects them to win every game 7-6.

Matt Murray is hurt. He's done some good things in the playoffs.

Jake Muzzin has only played 4 games this season. He's probably their best defender.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Regarding Greer...I wish people would make up their minds. First many here have complained that AJ is a "spot picker" w/r/t to who & when he fights then the one time he doesn't "spot pick" people get on him for fighting. He's damned if he does & damned if he doesn't. I'm thankful there's one Bruin other than Nick Foligno who is willing to go so I'm glad to cut Greer slack on this issue.

Note to AJ- I love your willingness to go but please talk to Adam McQuaid about technique. He'll show you how to fight.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Regarding Greer...I wish people would make up their minds. First many here have complained that AJ is a "spot picker" w/r/t to who & when he fights then the one time he doesn't "spot pick" people get on him for fighting. He's damned if he does & damned if he doesn't.
This is so true. Wonder what the “spot picker” people thought last night?

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Regarding Greer...I wish people would make up their minds. First many here have complained that AJ is a "spot picker" w/r/t to who & when he fights then the one time he doesn't "spot pick" people get on him for fighting. He's damned if he does & damned if he doesn't. I'm thankful there's one Bruin other than Nick Foligno who is willing to go so I'm glad to cut Greer slack on this issue.

Note to AJ- I love your willingness to go but please talk to Adam McQuaid about technique. He'll show you how to fight.
Lol no amount of preparation would help him fight Wayne simmonds. Simmonds is a heavy weight from a different time. He was no match and never will be.

I think some ppl want players willing to drop the gloves with anyone. And some would rather foglino and forbert do all the fighting. It’s like how there’s like 15 ppl that hate Carlo. But I bet if we did a poll Carlo would actually be very popular. Just the ppl that hate him are the loudest.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
There is little to no fighting in the playoffs.
Any toughness the B's need is:
The willingness to be the first person in the corner and take the hit to get the puck.​
Stand in front of the net, accept some punishment and possiblitly of getting hit with the puck​
Willing to hang on to the puck the extra second to make the right play, even knowing your going to get hit.​
The B's have this more than Toronto.
I'll reply to my own post.
I think the first goal is an example of this.
Frederick is willing to bust arse, and get to the corner first to win the puck battle,
and willing to take the hit, to get the puck to Coyle to Forbort to score.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Zacha shows why top 10 pick
Still 25 Won’t be 26 till after season
Patient and very good hands
Clearly was tossed into fire very young before had fully developed physically and gsme - which is why Devils sucked so longFantastic move to acquire and lock up by Donny Hockey
Michael Bunting would have made a heck of a 2011 Vancouver Canucks

Marchand post practice comments were brilliant - in 10 seconds he got a beauty of a barb in across the bow of both Toronto greedy young forwards and JP Barry

Glad Twitter hardos didn’t get their way and send Ullmark to Edmonton for a 7th with 50 % retained

Bruins got a 10 game winning streak coming after a break - get DeBrusk back and add Acciari at deadline

On the Leafs broadcast, after the Bunting incident, they showed a replay of Bunting drawing a penalty against the Blues where he throws his head back, though there was no contact to the head. Craig Simpson said this why there was no call on Carlo. Cry wolf too much, you won't get any calls.

Could you ever imagine NESN doing something similar to a Bruins player?

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
On the Leafs broadcast, after the Bunting incident, they showed a replay of Bunting drawing a penalty against the Blues where he throws his head back, though there was no contact to the head. Craig Simpson said this why there was no call on Carlo. Cry wolf too much, you won't get any calls.

It's a national broadcast, not the Leafs broadcast. Craig Simpson is a Canucks homer.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
so when you're not a goal scorer, you might not get any respect. Watching the Canadian broadcast last night, the play by play guy says "Derek Forbort scores short handed, his second of the year." Then the color guy thinks its his second goal of the year, the studio at intermission everyone says Carlo and Forbort both just scored their second goal of the year, etc. No one bothered to realize it was actually Forbort's second shorthanded goal of the year, and his fourth overall. They probably still don't realize this today!! Ha!

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
This is so true. Wonder what the “spot picker” people thought last night?
Personally, I never called him a spot picker but after watching last night's beatdown by the Wayne Train and his selection to avoid Schenn and fight the Russian kid earlier in the year, I think it's a valid argument. I wouldn't call Simmonds a heavy in this league by any means, in his prime or now at the ripe ole age of 34. I don't think Greer should be the guy to answer the bell for us, he's simply not a good fighter. Shoot the puck more, score 8-10 goals a season and crash and bang.......fighting is not the guys strong suit

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Personally, I never called him a spot picker but after watching last night's beatdown by the Wayne Train and his selection to avoid Schenn and fight the Russian kid earlier in the year, I think it's a valid argument. I wouldn't call Simmonds a heavy in this league by any means, in his prime or now at the ripe ole age of 34. I don't think Greer should be the guy to answer the bell for us, he's simply not a good fighter. Shoot the puck more, score 8-10 goals a season and crash and bang.......fighting is not the guys strong suit
A) he didn’t avoid Schenn and B) how does fighting Simmonds validate that he’s a spot picker?

Reactions: CDJ

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Ok. Thanks.

Doesn't change the point, though.
I understand what you are saying, NESN is a home team broadcast and not likely to do that. Simpson loves to point out stuff like this about other teams, probably not his Canucks. He was very bitter when we won the Cup and whined about so much then. NESN isn't likely to employ people who cheer for other teams. Home broadcasts are totally different, it isn't just NESN.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014

Yes, I saw that by Simpson. He even admitted that he constantly tried to fool refs, and would argue for calls constantly. He admitted that after awhile, refs were just on to him, and started giving him misconduct penalties. He was almost implying that Bunting should have received a misconduct on the one when while going off the ice, he pointed at each ref and was grandstanding to the crowd.

No, I couldn't imagine NESN doing or taking it this far. Marchand's past would have had them in a constant mode of doing this if they did.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Lol no amount of preparation would help him fight Wayne simmonds. Simmonds is a heavy weight from a different time. He was no match and never will be.

I think some ppl want players willing to drop the gloves with anyone. And some would rather foglino and forbert do all the fighting. It’s like how there’s like 15 ppl that hate Carlo. But I bet if we did a poll Carlo would actually be very popular. Just the ppl that hate him are the loudest.

That's definitely true about Simmonds but IMO if AJ knew more about fighting techniques he could have at least protected himself better than he did.

Reactions: CDJ and hrdpuk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad