Post-Game Talk: GAME 51 - BRUINS 5 Leafs 2 F - ENJOY VACATION GUYS

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
I don't often swear but almost did when I saw Greer drop the gloves with Simmonds, who is a legit fighter. Greer gives the B's a two goal lead on a somewhat soft goal, which deflated their crowd, their goalie, and likely their bench. Did Simmonds ask him, "Hey we're really down, so would you let me beat the tar out of you to get our crowd and team back in it?"

Greer clearly loves being a Bruin, and with the recent call-ups and TDL approaching, I'm sure he wants to impress his coach (which he already did scoring that huge goal). But someone should hang the old quote over his locker, "Discretion is the better part of valor."

The margin between the B's and Leafs is razor-thin. There are other factors, but goaltending is the most obvious. The B's won in Boston on a late goal by Grzelcyk that Matt Murray is probably still having nightmares about, and some of the ones Samsonov let in tonight were iffy.

Anything can happen after the break, but these two regulation wins against Toronto almost guarantee a Tampa/Toronto first round match-up. But the B's need to keep distance from Carolina, since winning in their building a major problem.

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
I don't often swear but almost did when I saw Greer drop the gloves with Simmonds, who is a legit fighter. Greer gives the B's a two goal lead on a somewhat soft goal, which deflated their crowd, their goalie, and likely their bench. Did Simmonds ask him, "Hey we're really down, so would you let me beat the tar out of you to get our crowd and team back in it?"

Greer clearly loves being a Bruin, and with the recent call-ups and TDL approaching, I'm sure he wants to impress his coach (which he already did scoring that huge goal). But someone should hang the old quote over his locker, "Discretion is the better part of valor."

The margin between the B's and Leafs is razor-thin. There are other factors, but goaltending is the most obvious. The B's won in Boston on a late goal by Grzelcyk that Matt Murray is probably still having nightmares about, and some of the ones Samsonov let in tonight were iffy.

Anything can happen after the break, but these two regulation wins against Toronto almost guarantee a Tampa/Toronto first round match-up. But the B's need to keep distance from Carolina, since winning in their building a major problem.
Yup that fight was a head scratcher alright. He got tagged hard with that first punch.
Kid sure seems to have a legit snap/wrist shot though!
Carolina is a concern. All that cap space, and they are already a fast team that gives the B’s fits.

Reactions: Aeroforce

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
Saw the Highlights and I'm happy that Zacha seems to be doing good for you guys. He basically matched his best year and just needs 1 more point to match what he did last year with 19 games to spare!

Still seems like He doesn't use his shot enough, Hopefully the Bruins can change his mindset eventually.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Zacha shows why top 10 pick

Still 25 Won’t be 26 till after season

Patient and very good hands

Clearly was tossed into fire very young before had fully developed physically and gsme - which is why Devils sucked so long

Fantastic move to acquire and lock up by Donny Hockey

Lauko needs to be in the lineup more

Michael Bunting would have made a heck of a 2011 Vancouver Canucks

Marchand post practice comments were brilliant - in 10 seconds he got a beauty of a barb in across the bow of both Toronto greedy young forwards and JP Barry

Glad Twitter hardos didn’t get their way and send Ullmark to Edmonton for a 7th with 50 % retained

Bruins got a 10 game winning streak coming after a break - get DeBrusk back and add Acciari at deadline

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Yup that fight was a head scratcher alright. He got tagged hard with that first punch.
Kid sure seems to have a legit snap/wrist shot though!
Carolina is a concern. All that cap space, and they are already a fast team that gives the B’s fits.
Greer can’t fight but people want him to serve self up on a platter

Dumb

Monty should step in and tell him no staged fights or you will be in the audience

If Simmonds asks - Greer needs to tell him can’t do anything remotely staged- but you want to run me from behind with a cheap shot and I can get up I’ll fight to try and kill you

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Im across the pond currently so haven’t been able to watch the past few games. Catching the highlights on YouTube.

Looked to be a great win. You have to love the secondary scoring.

Also, I loved the Greer goal. The refs blatantly ignored the hook on AJ. He said f*** that and absolutely sniped that sieve, Samsonov.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Did not watch tonight. I was too distracted by the thought of a big scan tomorrow. However, I followed and watched the TSN highlights.

This was our most impressive win given everything. It looked like everyone was going after some rest. Lauko's hustle and speed was noticeable even in the highlights. They never should have demoted him. Though I will say I overestimated his hands. Anyway, his stamina and hustle makes for a pretty good energy line.

Oh, I also like Greer, but he should never be allowed to fight again. He makes Greg Campbell look like Rocky Marciano.
Good luck today!

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
What a great way to start the break. Hate Toronto.

Zacha is rolling playing with the studs, keep him there. Has a rocket, glad he is using it more. Props to Greer for going at 3-1, took balls and had a nice goal, good game from what I saw.

You have to love the defensemen feeling comfortable down low in the O Zone. Would never have happened last year with the dictator, and it just creates a whole new level for the offense.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
It is always so satisfying to beat the Leafs, the media guys are such ridiculous whiners. I can't tell you how long they went on about Bunting getting mauled by Carlo. On and on..... probably a highlight on their shows today.

Brad was excellent, getting under their skin to the point they had to talk about it pre-game. He is the best troller in the NHL.

Rest up boys, you have earned it. I can't wait to see Debrusk back in.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
What a great way to start the break. Hate Toronto.

Zacha is rolling playing with the studs, keep him there. Has a rocket, glad he is using it more. Props to Greer for going at 3-1, took balls and had a nice goal, good game from what I saw.

You have to love the defensemen feeling comfortable down low in the O Zone. Would never have happened last year with the dictator, and it just creates a whole new level for the offense.
The first Zacha goal was puck possession, calmness/patience, and shot

Zacha starting to show his shot

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Zacha shows why top 10 pick

Still 25 Won’t be 26 till after season

Patient and very good hands

Clearly was tossed into fire very young before had fully developed physically and gsme - which is why Devils sucked so long

Fantastic move to acquire and lock up by Donny Hockey

Lauko needs to be in the lineup more

Michael Bunting would have made a heck of a 2011 Vancouver Canucks

Marchand post practice comments were brilliant - in 10 seconds he got a beauty of a barb in across the bow of both Toronto greedy young forwards and JP Barry

Glad Twitter hardos didn’t get their way and send Ullmark to Edmonton for a 7th with 50 % retained

Bruins got a 10 game winning streak coming after a break - get DeBrusk back and add Acciari at deadline

I've had Acciari circled as a great option for the Bruins for a little while. Cheap and comes with zero contract baggage, New England native, has improved offensively since he left Boston, versatile and can play pretty much any role in the bottom 6, physical, good penalty killer, has playoff experience and will surely feel he has unfinished business in the postseason after the events of 2019, and the Blues are having a miserable time and will likely happily trade him for not much.

Would love to see him back in the black and gold. He's not a game-changer, but would be a really solid add.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Moncton
Bruins executed without Debrusk, and without Marchy, Bergy, Pasta putting up points. Toronto is nowhere close to beating this team in a 7 game series.

It saddens me to think of our Stanley Cup team and how we dominated physically and then watch Greer get pumped by Simmonds, a best case middleweight past his prime. I hope we grab some toughness for games when we need it at the deadline.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
That was an absolute pleasure. I needed that. It's been a while. I feel energized. Can we do that again soon? Wow, just wow, I need a cigarette.......

For me.....good sex is similar to Bruins beating the Leafs because I say similar thing afterwards :)

P.S. Carlo has more goals than Horvat after the trade! ......

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021

What impresses... Boston is doing it with a team no one saw coming, a team with alot of question mark back in July AND in a world of salary cap and HUGE parity.! That tells alot on the players dedication to the team, our netters performance, our team leaders AND Monty's work. Impress with the first halt Boston Club

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad