Post-Game Talk: GAME 50 - Whalercanes 4 BRUINS 1 F

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Bit of a slump that's coming at a good time in reality. Play the figLeafs then put our feet up an evaluate, heal and perhaps welcome back some our injured.

Sweeney will have to look a bit into some guys contributions to the team. Namely ...Carlo and Hall. We have guys like Forbert and Zacha who make a lot less but contribute a lot more!

Reactions: trenton1

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Most of us were wondering when the Bs were going to hit a rough patch. Here it is. Tired legs. Rough schedule the past 4 days. Just wasn't clicking. PP won't be this bad forever. Not worried. Muster a win against the Leafs and then get a long rest. Glad a couple teams have won their Cup against us. Hope they enjoy it because come playoff time the Bs will be kicking some ass.
The only thing that really concerned me in this game was their face offs. They need to be much better at them if we play Carolina down the road in the playoffs Or it's going to create many issues. Like you said I can't imagine they're powerplay staying this bad forever. Way too much talent. I'm liking the thought of adding Jonathan Toews to this lineup For that very reason

Reactions: Gordoff

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Bit of a slump that's coming at a good time in reality. Play the figLeafs then put our feet up an evaluate, heal and perhaps welcome back some our injured.

Sweeney will have to look a bit into some guys contributions to the team. Namely ...Carlo and Hall. We have guys like Forbert and Zacha who make a lot less but contribute a lot more!

Swap Hall and Zacha and the production favors Hall. My only concern with Hall is when he carries the puck in the defensive zone and holds the puck instead of passing to a defenseman. He has turned it over several times lately this way.

As a playmaker with Coyle/Frederic, production will be low.

Carlo has had more than a few issues lately and they do need more of him I'd say.

Reactions: BMC and nORRis8

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
Last 3 games. The minuses for D. Lindholm 6. Carlo 6. Clifton 1. McAvoy 1. Forbort 1. Grecelck 0.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
1675049196008.jpeg

Sigh…

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
A reality check. That's ok. Put the season record, in pure numbers, to one side, and look at the roster. As it is, can it win a Cup? Yes, if the 2019 Blues can win one, then this group certainly can. But is it the sort of dominant team with stacks of talent, depth and grit that we've seen in recent times in Colorado and Tampa, a roster that you feel should have the edge on just about any opponent? No, I would say not. The top-end talent is a little light on and/or a little old, the middle 6 is not settled and feels a bit soft, the 4th line likewise lacks physical presence, the defense works well as a unit but certain players are vulnerable to being exposed at times and making some quite basic errors. As a whole, genuine speed and a team that is good at shutting down their transition game and taking away space both can trouble them.

How much better can the team become? With the cap and assets situation as they are, Sweeney's going to have to be really precise and really smart in the moves he makes. He's put together a good group here, made a great call with the coach. But there's still work to be done. The team's earned some help, and also shown at least some of its flaws. On the GM now to take what he sees, and what he's got, and make some magic.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
They’re stumbling into the break.

But I’d also rather have it happen now than at the end of April/beginning of May

Gotta know how to lose too.

They’ll get right.

Go Bs.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Once again I'm convinced this adversity is good despite having to sit and watch foes celebrate victories the Bruins don't need yet.
The Bruins don't want to be the 2019 Lightning and don't have enough time left to wait for the following seasons to exact revenge. I'd like them to slowly get out of the "all-time" conversations without developing a lot bad habits. Too much pressure. Cool down, win the home games, keep the 1st overall seed, find the TDL needs and stay healthy.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
They're just not fast enough. It's not more complicated than that. they struggle against real team speed.

At this rate we might not even get past Buffalo in the first round (should they make it) because they are fast too.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Did anyone else mention the Carlo interview in intermission 2? His eyes were dark and sunken. He is absolutely spent IMO, all of the regulars are. This whole team has been winning on adrenaline and sooner or later it was going to catch up to them. This was or should have been expected. IMO the Players need to sit down at the next negotiating session and demand that there need to be no more back-to-back games OR (as someone else mentioned) back-to-back games should only happen if both teams played the night before. Let's see what they look like after they have time off, hopefully Sweeney is able to tweak the roster in a couple of places.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
They may never win another game at this rate.

Truthfully, as long as nobody gets injured, the rest of the regular season is really not a concern to me

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
What the Bruins don't want to be is the 2022 Yankees. Obviously no Boston team wants to be like the Yankees, but what I'm referring to is the trajectory of last year's NY team - started red hot, then cooled off massively mid-season. Cooled so badly that while they steadied in the last quarter of the regular season, they never really properly found their groove again, and despite all the talent still at their disposal they squeaked through one playoff round then got swept and it was all over pretty fast.

There's the template of what not to do. But ease up a little from the pace the Bs were running, which obviously wasn't sustainable? For sure. Find the flaws and issues and iron them out? Absolutely. But keep the wins ticking over at a fair rate, don't lose sight of the belief you created and the things that made you such a successful team. Work out how to get through the back portion of the season as healthy and fresh as you can, while keeping the culture and the good habits intact even if some nights don't go your way or you don't always bring your best game. It's about balance from here, and playing the long game. As Rask would say, not too high, not too low. That's the challenge.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Please callup Lauko.... please?

Also ... Debrusk has been missed. His speed/ another player that is a scoring threat
It just rounds out the middle six when Debrusk plays 1rw.

The bottom six turns into garbage. The top line can’t produce with jags like Craig Smith, and Krejci and co. can’t carry the team for 60 minutes.

Reactions: BMC

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The first 41 games of this season went about as well as anyone could possibly hope for. There was zero chance the 2nd half was going to go as smoothly as the 1st.

Better now and before the trade deadline than to limp into the playoffs. Winning creates pressure for more winning and this team has been running hard now for nearly 4 months, the group needs time to exhale and let the pressure off.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00