Post-Game Talk: GAME 50 - Whalercanes 4 BRUINS 1 F

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
Is it just me... or if I am not mistaken, Bruins got the best of Tampa in alot of the games in 2022..... lost one and now everyone on Tampa is better than the Bruins core... speed is a problem...
I will take a chance et beleive in Boston Bruins in the best of 7 against Tampa.

The Canes are for me the team Boston matches not very well though

Reactions: KillerMillerTime

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Is it just me... or if I am not mistaken, Bruins got the best of Tampa in alot of the games in 2022..... lost one and now everyone on Tampa is better than the Bruins core... speed is a problem...
I will take a chance et beleive in Boston Bruins in the best of 7 against Tampa.

Canes have some speed, some big dudes, they intimidate, solid goaltending, Brindamour as a player I liked but as a coach I can't stand plus the Canes play clutch/grab better than anyone.

Very frustrating team to play against.

Reactions: Bradely

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

If I'm not mistaken, the Bruins are 2-1 against Tampa this season.

Don't see where Tampa has any advantage over Bruins in terms of speed.

Reactions: Kegs and Bradely

MerlotLineFan

Jan 10, 2023
Several of you are underselling the advantage that Carolina had going into the game. Scheduled loss is very accurate. They were comfortable at home for four days while the Bruins travelled on a daily basis. Their game before this one, they played San Jose and I watched that game. The Canes took the first two periods very lightly. They knew they could beat San Jose pretty easily and didn't seriously try to win until the third period. So, leading up to this game, they essentially gave their best effort for a period and one minute of overtime to beat San Jose.

Meanwhile, the Bruins were giving their best effort to beat Tampa all game long as Tampa had something to prove. The Bruins came up short due to bs circumstances. Then the Bruins played our top line the most minutes we had since the winter classic, trying to avoid the losing streak. Two seconds from winning that game and if they had, half the posts in this thread would be different. Yes, the Canes are faster than the Bruins are. Yes, they have the ability to beat the Bruins in a series, but acting as though this game with it's circumstances is indicative of how we will play in a series against them is a stretch at best.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Several of you are underselling the advantage that Carolina had going into the game. Scheduled loss is very accurate. They were comfortable at home for four days while the Bruins travelled on a daily basis. Their game before this one, they played San Jose and I watched that game. The Canes took the first two periods very lightly. They knew they could beat San Jose pretty easily and didn't seriously try to win until the third period. So, leading up to this game, they essentially gave their best effort for a period and one minute of overtime to beat San Jose.

Meanwhile, the Bruins were giving their best effort to beat Tampa all game long as Tampa had something to prove. The Bruins came up short due to bs circumstances. Then the Bruins played our top line the most minutes we had since the winter classic, trying to avoid the losing streak. Two seconds from winning that game and if they had, half the posts in this thread would be different. Yes, the Canes are faster than the Bruins are. Yes, they have the ability to beat the Bruins in a series, but acting as though this game with it's circumstances is indicative of how we will play in a series against them is a stretch at best.
THEN WHY was Carolina outclassed by San Jose for the majority of that game, then.... you shouldn't be overlooking any team on a given night.... it has ZERO to do w/ Boston vs. TB/Florida, which preceded that CAR game

MerlotLineFan

Jan 10, 2023
THEN WHY was Carolina outclassed by San Jose for the majority of that game, then.... you shouldn't be overlooking any team on a given night.... it has ZERO to do w/ Boston vs. TB/Florida, which preceded that CAR game
Not sure I follow your logic. Carolina was outclassed by San Jose per my previous post because Carolina was not playing to their potential. They were taking it easy, because they knew they could outplay San Jose in the third and still win, which is what they did. Having only a period and a minute of overtime of true effort for three days with no travel gave them a serious advantage against a very fatigued Bruins team that gave their all for two games and a few seconds of overtime with travel each day. Then had to play in less than twenty-four hours. That was the determining factor in how the Carolina game went.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Not sure I follow your logic. Carolina was outclassed by San Jose per my previous post because Carolina was not playing to their potential. They were taking it easy, because they knew they could outplay San Jose in the third and still win, which is what they did. Having only a period and a minute of overtime of true effort for three days with no travel gave them a serious advantage against a very fatigued Bruins team that gave their all for two games and a few seconds of overtime with travel each day. Then had to play in less than twenty-four hours. That was the determining factor in how the Carolina game went.
but what does Carolina have to do w/ Boston's schedule..... which you outlined in the initial post.... Boston had the opportunity to beat Florida bur lost in the final second.... what does Florida's win have to do with Carolina's game..... this is why this board has separate threads for pre-game, GDT, post game

• Haha
Reactions: MerlotLineFan

MerlotLineFan

Jan 10, 2023
but what does Carolina have to do w/ Boston's schedule..... which you outlined in the initial post.... Boston had the opportunity to beat Florida bur lost in the final second.... what does Florida's win have to do with Carolina's game..... this is why this board has separate threads for pre-game, GDT, post game
You believe that the fatigue from playing two games in less than twenty-four hours in addition to travel has no affect on the results of the second game?

You feel as though the home team having extended time off from an effort stand point does not affect the results while facing a team that has said fatigue?

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
You believe that the fatigue from playing two games in less than twenty-four hours in addition to travel has no affect on the results of the second game?

You feel as though the home team having extended time off from an effort stand point does not affect the results while facing a team that has said fatigue?
no, you grouped the Tampa/Florida/Carolina games in your post.... that's not how we do things here, EACH thread is separate depending on GDT's..... the pregame gets closed depends on who ends up doing them same with the GDT's..... what does Carolina have to do w/ Florida and Boston playing two games in less than eighteen hours consecutively....

MerlotLineFan

Jan 10, 2023
no, you grouped the Tampa/Florida/Carolina games in your post.... that's not how we do things here, EACH thread is separate depending on GDT's..... the pregame gets closed depends on who ends up doing them same with the GDT's..... what does Carolina have to do w/ Florida and Boston playing two games in less than eighteen hours consecutively....
If you can't see the correlation after me explaining it in three separate posts, I can't help you.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Point has the speed advantage over virtually everyone.

Carolina doesn't exactly fly down the middle with Aho/Stastny/Staal/Kotkianiemi
I never mentioned Carolina center core speed.

The other positions don't count?
Of course they count, but I was replying to when you said you didn't anywhere TB had an advantage over Boston in terms of speed and they do have one in the center position.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I never mentioned Carolina center core speed.

Of course they count, but I was replying to when you said you didn't anywhere TB had an advantage over Boston in terms of speed and they do have one in the center position.

Sorry.

What I meant was that Tampa didn't have an overall advantage over Boston in terms of speed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad