FACEOFF COMPARISON

TOI - BRUINS

TOI - WHALERCANES

Last edited:
Reactions: bruins19 and hrdpuk

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
This one was a scheduled loss anyway playing the day before in Florida and the Canes waiting all rested up, no big deal, head to Toronto and beat the leafs on their own ice and get back on track. One rule I would like to see the NHL implement, that if it is a game on back to back nights, then both teams have to have played the night before, make it fair for both teams.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Get to the AS break. Heal up. Rest up. Refocus.

I’m not happy we going through a rough patch. Not unhappy either. Had to happen. And almost perfect time for it.

Get JDB back, slot the lines/positions as they should be. Still a terrific team and still a favorite to make real noise in post season.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Most of us were wondering when the Bs were going to hit a rough patch. Here it is. Tired legs. Rough schedule the past 4 days. Just wasn't clicking. PP won't be this bad forever. Not worried. Muster a win against the Leafs and then get a long rest. Glad a couple teams have won their Cup against us. Hope they enjoy it because come playoff time the Bs will be kicking some ass.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Scheduled loss as has been said.

The PP is the story, as the Bruins may have forced OT or a fluke win if it were even mildly useful.

Toronto is sans Matthews, Bruins rested while missing Debrusk.

No excuses for that one.

Fair Warning

Nov 15, 2006
Grafton, MA
Not ready to take a “sky is falling” attitude quite yet, but I think the last few games against some good teams has made it apparent that there are areas to address at the deadline if this team is truly “all-in”:

- Need another Top 4 D. McAvoy and Lindholm are clearly Top 4 material. Carlo, despite his awful road trip, can still be a Top 4 D. But even with improved play this season, two of Cliffy, Gryz, and Forbort should still be bottom-pair D on an elite team.

- Need another reliable middle six forward who can slot up and down the lineup in the event of injury. DeBrusk’s injury has impacted and imbalanced the Top 9. Not sure who exactly that is, but I’m thinking someone like Rich Peverley in 2011.

Of course there are cap consideartions, yadda yadda, but a couple of additions could really help the team’s chances at a deep cup run.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Give them the day off tomorrow and put them through a good practice Tuesday and be ready to go and focused on Wednesday.

Jaffe and Razor are right, tonight you could see the mental fatigue. I noticed it right away when I started watching in the 3rd.

My only fear is them looking ahead to their beach vacations. This is where the vets need to step in to keep the focus where it needs to be.

I would also fly Jake and Nosek up to Toronto to give the boys a much needed lift

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
These losses do notify DS that some moves have to be made. Before the season's over the BRUINS will have a won/loss record more realistic with this team's talent.
DS will have to make some trades to allow the BRUINS a deeper run in the PO's. I'm sure DS knows this and he also knows where the weaknesses are.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
Even though he never scores, they also miss Nosek in these slogfests.

It's clear that the Bruins aren't going to roll by the top tier with guys like McLaughlin and Greer rounding out the lineup. They need the upgrades. Glad it is apparent while there is time to act. This has been a good week for evaluating the deadline.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
These losses do notify DS that some moves have to be made. Before the season's over the BRUINS will have a won/loss record more realistic with this team's talent.
DS will have to make some trades to allow the BRUINS a deeper run in the PO's. I'm sure DS knows this and he also knows where the weaknesses are.
There are indeed holes to fill but they aren’t gpoint to be sexy moves like many want. They need to trade for need without disrupting the room and gutting the system.

It is clear Monty has some adversity speeches lined up that he finally gets to use

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
I think Monty just said the guys need some rest when Jack asked about the PP. Coach said he wasn't worried about it, the guys are too talented.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Fire everyone, peak too soon, tank for Bedard, etc.

Okay, now that that's out of our system, the All-Star Break will help them get back to playing at high levels and continue their dominance.

Reactions: Alicat

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
All hail Ullmark. He has been FANtastic! He has kept the BRUINS in every game he has played goal this season, except for maybe one. Where would the BRUINS actually be without him?

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad