Post-Game Talk: GAME 5 - THE BEAR will have Octupus for dinner - BRUINS 8 Detroit 2 - FINAL

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Lol if backes plays like he did today? You talking about the same backes who fanned on two wide open net shots and turned the puck over twice on the power play, one of the turnovers where he tried making a pass through 3 Detroit red wings instead of moving the puck across ice to the d man at the point?

Backes has zero points in 5 games so far this year and is even getting 1:16 on the power play per game. He also has 11 points in his last 36 games including playoffs.

He’s going to have to start producing of he wants to maintain that 3rd line center role. He’s been trash this year.

He looked good falling down on that dude?

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
It's the environment. Kids are fired up, enthusiastic, having fun out there.

So important in the long run.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
What a nice win- what I saw of it. Heavy thunderstorms knocked out my satellite feed periodically so I saw the 1st period, lost almost all the 2nd, and got about half the third. Actually saw 2 of the 8 goals LOL, both by Pasta.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
Lol if backes plays like he did today? You talking about the same backes who fanned on two wide open net shots and turned the puck over twice on the power play, one of the turnovers where he tried making a pass through 3 Detroit red wings instead of moving the puck across ice to the d man at the point?

Backes has zero points in 5 games so far this year and is even getting 1:16 on the power play per game. He also has 11 points in his last 36 games including playoffs.

He’s going to have to start producing of he wants to maintain that 3rd line center role. He’s been trash this year.
No player is trash when your record is tops in the league. Who cares? It's working out!

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I do. Strong skater, he can play point on the pp, puts up points (not yet here but he's been good nevertheless), is only 27 years old and for only 2,7M per year.

One of the best offseason signings.
Completely agree. I wanted to wait and see how he looked for us, who cares what he did with the Devils. He is a good addition, another mobile deeman and with Grizz and Carlo's new found confidence our dee is way better this year. We have Vaak waiting in the wings and can step right in.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site

I'd prefer Donato at center on that line because of his past experience at the position.

But it looks like Cassidy is not yet ready to make that decision.

Backes' skating at least didn't look as weak as it did in the first few games.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Completely agree. I wanted to wait and see how he looked for us, who cares what he did with the Devils. He is a good addition, another mobile deeman and with Grizz and Carlo's new found confidence our dee is way better this year. We have Vaak waiting in the wings and can step right in.

Yep, D is basically only 6 active skaters. Such cheap and solid addition makes for a big part of the overall picture. Important piece.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
No player is trash when your record is tops in the league. Who cares? It's working out!

We also had one of the best records last year and our 3rd line was completely absent of production in the playoffs. Going to need more than just the top line putting up numbers to win come playoff time.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
How about "Best Line in the NHL" Line?

upload_2018-10-13_21-18-55.jpeg

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
first line is just amazing. want them to break them apart. but you just cant right now.
hopefully krejci gets going.

donato. not sure why he keeps getting starts out there. heinen is the better player.
4th line im loving right now.

carlo has been our best defenseman so far this year. our whole defense has actually been excellent

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
And to continue this thought, to enter playoffs with both Carlo healthy and Moore is a whole different animal. Changes dynamics of the entire team for good.
Yeah , the emergence of that 2nd pair has been the most pleasant surprise for me . Both Moore and Carlo are calmly getting the puck out of the zone and Gryzelick looks even better this year , very impressed with his ability to evade opponents while pivoting , he is very skilled at it . Cassidy will have a tough decision to decide who sits when Krug comes back .

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad