Post-Game Talk: GAME 5 - THE BEAR will have Octupus for dinner - BRUINS 8 Detroit 2 - FINAL

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Go figure both Debrusk and Bjork score in this one....after all the discussion about their readiness....

Either way, you gotta win the ones that are extremely winnable. That's my mantra so far this season. So far, so good. They need to keep this up
Just in I really like these two young players.

Bjork comes running out of the tunnel for each period shouting .

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Not if Backes plays well as he did today.

I watched final period and I saw him fall on a dude taking him down for a no penalty call and a perfect feed from Donato catching him off guard / messing up a perfect scoring opportunity. I was to see him play right wing 4th line and Heinen play center.

I got to lay off this guy...sorry fans.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Nordstrom has played 286 nhl games and has 21 goals that’s 6 per season

He’s a fine fill in and a great 4th line

But we need Bjork, Heinen, or Donato to play on the 2nd line down the road if this team is a serious contender Nordy
Is not a long term answer

Krejci Debrusk have improved muchly because of Nords. I get what you're saying however I don't want to see Nords off that line until such time the line stops producing. He's making a big difference.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
just sayin. we were up 5-1 so it didnt really matter. still weak goal tho.

Come on man. The first wave of bellyaching after the Washington loss was “nobody but the Bergeron line can score. We’re a one line team” now they destroy Detroit and all you can post about is Rask giving up a softie?

Please

Reactions: caz16 and BruinLVGA

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Krejci Debrusk have improved muchly because of Nords. I get what you're saying however I don't want to see Nords off that line until such time the line stops producing. He's making a big difference.

I think Bjork earned a shot today at the 2nd line LW he brings the speed Nordy brought to that line but has much more skill and finish if he doesn’t show well.. put Nordy right back on there

Reactions: HustleB

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Really felt like they let off the gas midway through the 2nd. Anytime the wings scores they would go back the otherwise and score at will. That wings team is not deep at all. Going to be a long year for their fanbase.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Nordstrom has played 286 nhl games and has 21 goals that’s 6 per season

He’s a fine fill in and a great 4th liner

But we need Bjork, Heinen, or Donato to earn and play on the 2nd line down the road if this team is a serious contender Nordy
Is not a long term answer

Yeah they are doing horrible with his tenacious checking and making room for the other 2 guys. They were doing great before Nordy came and screwed up that line. Maybe just maybe we stop bringing up stats from the past because other guys on the team had different stats also on other teams.

Nordy has had an effect on those 2 guys,. I really think DeBrusk loves playing that cycle, skate and get in the open style. I am all for a guy that busts his b@lls, skates hard and has size. The other guys they tried on that line all wanted to do tippy tap passes with Krech, this guy just fore checks and does the dirty work.

The other 2 can concentrate on scoring and passing, we cannot have all pretty boys. I see him as exactly what Krech needs, a guy that gets pucks and gives it to him and plays a simple game. Krech was good with guys like that in the past - size and pressure the other team. Krech swoops in and does his patient look for a man thing, that is when he is effective. Not trying to play one tap - two tap, he is too slow for that now. Give him time and space and get open.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Not if Backes plays well as he did today.

Lol if backes plays like he did today? You talking about the same backes who fanned on two wide open net shots and turned the puck over twice on the power play, one of the turnovers where he tried making a pass through 3 Detroit red wings instead of moving the puck across ice to the d man at the point?

Backes has zero points in 5 games so far this year and is even getting 1:16 on the power play per game. He also has 11 points in his last 36 games including playoffs.

He’s going to have to start producing of he wants to maintain that 3rd line center role. He’s been trash this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad