Post-Game Talk: GAME 5 - THE BEAR will have Octupus for dinner - BRUINS 8 Detroit 2 - FINAL

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
You're entitled to your opinion. But Coaches are not prone to breaking up what's working and bringing success to the team.

The playoffs are long way away.

Responding to 13Hockey #50.

Last edited:
Reactions: Thrive and 13Hockey

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
I believe we will need it in the playoffs as the Tampa series proved we where a one line team. I think the goal in preseason was to break up that line for balance but Donato didn’t show well and Bjork was hurt

You can always put the 3 headed monster together down by a goal heading into the 3rd or what not

but I believe to be a cup contender we need 2 great rights right now we have 1 great line
This feels like a very strange argument to bring up in the PGT for a game that was won 8-2 and all lines got at least a goal.

I’m not arguing with you per se, but the timing is not good. We’re watching this team come together, pieces are still shaking into place. Looking better with each game. That first line is a monster and that’s a good thing. Krejci has really looked fantastic these past two games and Bjork and Donato looked very good today. Let’s see if they can keep this up before juggling this too much. I’m sure Cassidy isn’t done experimenting as I have a hard time seeing Heinen being the odd man out but I’m pretty sure that top line stays intact at least as long as their hot streak continues.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I believe we will need it in the playoffs as the Tampa series proved we where a one line team. I think the goal in preseason was to break up that line for balance but Donato didn’t show well and Bjork was hurt

You can always put the 3 headed monster together down by a goal heading into the 3rd or what not

but I believe to be a cup contender we need 2 great lines rights now we have 1 great line

Well that one great line might be the best in the sport.

What about 2 more very good lines? The potential is there to have just that. Most teams now are running 3 solid scoring lines, the days of Top 6/Bottom 6 are over IMO. Just too much skill league-wide to think you can have a 3rd line whose primary job is simply to not get scored on.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
This game felt so good! Who cares about the easy schedule, honestly, just enjoy the win! Even when comfortably ahead, the team never gave up, just kept playing. Defending each other, playing hard, having two very competent goalies, the kids gaining experience, the best first line in the world. Eat it up, I am!

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
This feels like a very strange argument to bring up in the PGT for a game that was won 8-2 and all lines got at least a goal.

I’m not arguing with you per se, but the timing is not good. We’re watching this team come together, pieces are still shaking into place. Looking better with each game. That first line is a monster and that’s a good thing. Krejci has really looked fantastic these past two games and Bjork and Donato looked very good today. Let’s see if they can keep this up before juggling this too much. I’m sure Cassidy isn’t done experimenting as I have a hard time seeing Heinen being the odd man out but I’m pretty sure that top line stays intact at least as long as their hot streak continues.

I agree we are playing great and love what I’m seeing but I’m thinking long term

Nordstrom is not a top 6 player on a cup team

And this was the 1st game out of 5 we got production from other lines really. besides for Nordy goal last game

So getting secondary scoring in 1/5 games is not good enough

We have a very soft October schedule so I have no problem keeping the top line together and racking up the points but at some point this year we are gonna have to break up that line and see if we can make 2 great lines with a combo of

Marchand
Bergeron
Pasta
Debrusk
Krejci
Bjork
Heinen
Donato

I’m thinking cup with this team we are insanely talented, and cup teams have 2 legit lines rolling constantly we haven’t shown that we have that yet I’d love for a kid to emerge as a 30 goal scorer next to Krejci to give us that but If not I think we need to break up the top line

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site

What about 2 more very good lines? The potential is there to have just that. Most teams now are running 3 solid scoring lines, the days of Top 6/Bottom 6 are over IMO. Just too much skill league-wide to think you can have a 3rd line whose primary job is simply to not get scored on.
Agree. Instead of breaking up a successful line to distribute the wealth, we're better off developing the talent we have and find the right combinations for the second and third lines. I think we got a sense of that today.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Detroit Red Wings go from decent start to disaster, lose at Boston, 8-2

BOSTON — The Detroit Red Wings couldn’t even keep this one close.

Five games into their season, they are still searching for their first victory. Saturday’s outing at TD Garden – a hostile place for the Wings even in better times – turned ugly in the second period and ended with an 8-2 loss to the Boston Bruins.

As the losses have grown, the Wings at least could point to some positives within games.

Not from this one.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
So i'm asking because I missed the game, but how did the Dcorps as a whole look today? I feel like Boston may not outgun anyone in the East (outside of Bergy-Marchy-Pasta of course), but if their D is tight, along with solid goaltending, that will go a long, long way.

Especially if Carlo DOES NOT get ****ing hurt before the playoffs again...

Carlo and Moore are just fantastic so far. I’m happy as hell with them

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary

The best thing about our top line is that they're special teams experts as well. It sets them apart from the rest.

Best line since Lemieux and Jagr!

Reactions: Thrive and Blowfish

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Great game for the kids in that it should give them some more confidence, especially Bjork. Bjork will eventually be a solid top 6 player in the NHL as long as he stays healthy. Carlo has been more active than ever in the ozone this season, which I hope he continues to do. His defense is already a big contribution, but he can take things to a new level if he starts gaining confidence offensively. DeBrusk continues to amaze me. Gives it his all every shift, in every zone, and plays with skill and intelligence. Already looks like a vet, and has not hit his ceiling yet. He is who drives that second line.

The Bs are very tough to beat when they are getting secondary scoring along with the first line doing their thing. Today showed that, however the bottom three lines really need to get to where they can contribute consistently. Hopefully today's showing will not be a one off, but will be a sign of things to come. Once the schedule gets tougher I will be interested to see how the Bs perform. Right now they are looking pretty darn impressive. The first line is alone worth the price of admission. There are players and lines way back in the past I wish I had the chance to watch consistently. People who have yet to be born will be saying that decades in the future. Truly one of the best lines I've seen since I've been watching hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad