Post-Game Talk: GAME 5 - THE BEAR will have Octupus for dinner - BRUINS 8 Detroit 2 - FINAL

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
first line is just amazing. want them to break them apart. but you just cant right now.
hopefully krejci gets going.

donato. not sure why he keeps getting starts out there. heinen is the better player.
4th line im loving right now.

carlo has been our best defenseman so far this year. our whole defense has actually been excellent
Krejci had 2 assist. Donato played better today then Heinen did in any of his games this year.

Reactions: BBruins

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Completely agree. I wanted to wait and see how he looked for us, who cares what he did with the Devils. He is a good addition, another mobile deeman and with Grizz and Carlo's new found confidence our dee is way better this year. We have Vaak waiting in the wings and can step right in.

With Krug out, I'm curious how the PP and overall D is going to look against the steel of the league. The Caps, VK, Pittsburgh, Winnepeg, and especially Tampa and Toronto. If the Bruins can win a great percentage of those games convincingly without Krug it may be a good time to consider moving him for a proven RHC . This Krug injury may be a good indicator of how life would look without him and with Vaak and a solid #2/3 center.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I'd prefer Donato at center on that line because of his past experience at the position.

But it looks like Cassidy is not yet ready to make that decision.

Backes' skating at least didn't look as weak as it did in the first few games.
I think that Donato is too lacking in a 200 foot game, tenacity, defensive awareness to trust with such a position of responsibility at this time.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
...oh, 2am...Red Sox Final time...

Is there a 4th Red Sox postgame show?

Why do I feel I’m going to be right about all this and be really angry. I’m going to be up until 5am for something that was scheduled for 1am at this point...if I’m lucky.

Reactions: BMC and Thrive

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
...oh, 2am...Red Sox Final time...

Is there a 4th Red Sox postgame show?

Why do I feel I’m going to be right about all this and be really angry. I’m going to be up until 5am for something that was scheduled for 1am at this point...if I’m lucky.

No excuse for this - NESN could have easily put the Bruins in 2 on NESN+

NESN is controlled by the Red Sox and Jacobs made a big mistake 20 years ago when Channel 38 decided to sell their shares in NESN and JJ let the Red Sox buy them out and that created the 80-20 split we have today.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Yup, 2:27 am...and let’s join Bruins in 2 in progress.

Eff you, NESN. Eff you. As a Bruins fan I’m sick and tired of being respected after the Sox 4th postgame show and paid programming.

It’s unlikely, but if I ever get a chance to cost NESN something, I’ll take it. I’d love to return the sentiment.

I’m steaming...not only am I disrespected, but I knew I would be.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
Thanks to you guys this is what has become of our goalie Jonathan Bernier...

SplendidPresentBanteng-size_restricted.gif

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Yup, 2:27 am...and let’s join Bruins in 2 in progress.

Eff you, NESN. Eff you. As a Bruins fan I’m sick and tired of being respected after the Sox 4th postgame show and paid programming.

It’s unlikely, but if I ever get a chance to cost NESN something, I’ll take it. I’d love to return the sentiment.

I’m steaming...not only am I disrespected, but I knew I would be.

You have every right to be steamed and most mid-management people at NESN in Watertown would agree with you. But Tom. John and Linda thumb their noses at hockey and Bruins fans in particular.

jdz

May 22, 2013
The book is officially out to short-side Rask.
Check the slo-mo again.

All John Moore needed to do is take his stick out of the way and not tip it for Larkin and that shot is probably hitting Rask in the chest or in the shoulder.

Moore turned it into a weird knuckler that changed direction off the release.

Reactions: Fenway

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
With Krug out, I'm curious how the PP and overall D is going to look against the steel of the league. The Caps, VK, Pittsburgh, Winnepeg, and especially Tampa and Toronto. If the Bruins can win a great percentage of those games convincingly without Krug it may be a good time to consider moving him for a proven RHC . This Krug injury may be a good indicator of how life would look without him and with Vaak and a solid #2/3 center.

Only 5 games in but 42% on the power play and 3rd ranked in the league at the moment is certainly impressive.

I would definitely be interested in seeing if the bruins can add a center to replace backes and see if they would use krug as bait. Maybe we can pull off some type of deal where we trade krug and half of backes contract to a dumpster team, while adding a pick for a solid center that can be one of the best 3rd line centers in the league or be a 2nd line center and bump Krejci down to 3rd line center. Would have to find a team with a good center and a lot of cap room though.

Reactions: Strafer

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
You have every right to be steamed and most mid-management people at NESN in Watertown would agree with you. But Tom. John and Linda thumb their noses at hockey and Bruins fans in particular.

And people like me thumb our noses right back and that pasty scarecrow, his trophy wife, the “Beloved™ Red Sox” and his POS rag newspaper.

Screw all of them. I hope they lose every game from here out

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
It’s that arrogance that has turned me off on the Sox. I was a crazy Sox fan, now I watch but never make it to the end. No more tickets and no more Sox clothing. They have a great fan base here and refuse to invest in them. If I was Jacobs, I would sell his shares and call up their rival here and go with them.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Thanks to you guys this is what has become of our goalie Jonathan Bernier...

SplendidPresentBanteng-size_restricted.gif

I actually felt bad for Bernier yesterday. He was not THAT bad. The whole team just got run over.
Hopefully, he can erase it and move forward. Its not gonna get much better I think. Just have to keep your head down and do your job. I think we've all had those times.
Would hate to see it get in his head and he pull a Martin Biron.

Last edited:

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
So
A goaltending coach I am not. However, I saw on both Rask goals yesterday that not only were they aimed right shoulder/blocker high but that he got a piece of both shots only to have them ricochet up under the bar. I'm thinking this is just summer rustiness and Essensa can work with him on this a bit. Maybe be a bit more forward from the crease, aggressive. That would at least keep the shots that go off of him sail over the net instead of just into it. Maybe its just a confidence issue and he will naturally challenge more when he gets into the zone in December.

ADDENDUM: The more I watch the goals the more I think I am wrong. Rask was at the top of the crease on both shots. The first one he was badly screened and when he peeked around the player the shot was already incoming. The second one was just a snipe by Larkin, can't fault him on that. '

I still think Essensa needs to help him realize players are shooting on him blocker high and to work on his positioning to mitigate that. He could have had a shut-out yesterday.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad