Post-Game Talk: GAME 5 - THE BEAR will have Octupus for dinner - BRUINS 8 Detroit 2 - FINAL

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
F0F71F07-1F6D-4F60-90B4-A7B5CC0BA90A.gif

Hated the start time ... L0ved the result !

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
Go figure both Debrusk and Bjork score in this one....after all the discussion about their readiness....

Either way, you gotta win the ones that are extremely winnable. That's my mantra so far this season. So far, so good. They need to keep this up

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I usually don't care for afternoon games but this one was fun to watch.

Hopefully the B's can keep this going for their upcoming 4 game road trip.

Reactions: BMC and Ladyfan

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
will the Toronto "national' media on tsn and sports net bother to mention that after 5 games Bergeron is 3rd in scoring and marchand is tied with Tavares and marner behind him... or that pastranak is 2nd in goals?

I don't deny that the Toronto team is scoring a lot of goals {25} but they've also allowed 20 in 5 games so far. we are at only 22 goals in 4 games {and 1 total no show against washinton} with just 13 total goals against despite the whack job in Washington

most of our fans are freaked out that we are getting no secondary scoring... our best 'offensive' dman hasn't played a game yet... our fans are screaming we need to get rid of our starting goalie.

we are 4-1 and outscore the opposition 22-6 in the last 4 games with Bergeron/marchand/pastrnak having 30 points between them in the last 4 games

holy crap!!!

all this despite the china hangover... despite Bergeron missing camp... despite chara being 114 years old... despite backes being an overpaid '4th' liner... despite the offseason that was so disappointing...

its a damn good time to be a bruins fan

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Have we had the easiest schedule in the league or what?

I think we certainly would have to be in the top two or three - Sabres, Senators, Oilers, Wings? Off the top of my head, those have to be all bottom 6 teams league-wide from last year. The only game we had against a decent opponent, we lost.

That said, you have to pick up these easy points, so I’m glad we did - with finesse, to boot. Easier to win today and lose against Tampa than to lose today and battle uphill against Tampa - and you get the same number of points either way.

Reactions: BMC and HustleB

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
My new line combos id like to see to get balance now that debrusk looks great at RW

Marchand Bergeron DeBrusk
Bjork Krejci Pastrnak
Heinen Backes Donato
Wagner Kuraly Acciari/Nordstrom

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
So i'm asking because I missed the game, but how did the Dcorps as a whole look today? I feel like Boston may not outgun anyone in the East (outside of Bergy-Marchy-Pasta of course), but if their D is tight, along with solid goaltending, that will go a long, long way.

Especially if Carlo DOES NOT get f***ing hurt before the playoffs again...

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
Really happy to see Bjork get on the scoreboard, I'm very high on this kid.
So am I. I like this third line. Donato was really flying all afternoon though it didn't show on the scoreboard. Hope Bruce sticks with them for a while.

Heinen will eventually find his way back onto the game roster. I can't see Nordstrom remaining on the second line long term

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
My new line combos id like to see to get balance now that debrusk looks great at RW

Marchand Bergeron DeBrusk
Bjork Krejci Pastrnak
Heinen Backes Donato
Wagner Kuraly Acciari/Nordstrom
Donato didn't play well when he was asked to move to the right side. His strength is at LW or centre.

How can you break up the best line in the league? I can see it if you need to shake things up if the team were in a funk. But certainly not now.

Reactions: FanSince72

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Donato didn't play well when he was asked to move to the right side. His strength is at LW or centre.

How can you break up the best line in the league? I can see it if you need to shake things up if the team were in a funk. But certainly not now.

I believe we will need it in the playoffs as the Tampa series proved we where a one line team. I think the goal in preseason was to break up that line for balance but Donato didn’t show well and Bjork was hurt

You can always put the 3 headed monster together down by a goal heading into the 3rd or what not

but I believe to be a cup contender we need 2 great lines rights now we have 1 great line

Last edited:
Reactions: sarge88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad