Post-Game Talk: GAME 5 - THE BEAR will have Octupus for dinner - BRUINS 8 Detroit 2 - FINAL

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
First game where all lines seemed to actually click. It’ll be interesting to see how much of that was the Wings being that bad or whether the middle 6 is starting to gel a bit.

Donato’s got a big learning curve to play a complete game at this level, If he’s in the lineup I’d like to see him stay on the third, he’s not ready for top 6 responsibilities. I like Heinen but I thought this third line really seemed to click and was noticeable for the first time this season. I’d like to see them together for another game or two. Its such a soft opening schedule its hard to know what’s going to work.

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
First game where all lines seemed to actually click. It’ll be interesting to see how much of that was the Wings being that bad or whether the middle 6 is starting to gel a bit.

Donato’s got a big learning curve to play a complete game at this level, If he’s in the lineup I’d like to see him stay on the third, he’s not ready for top 6 responsibilities. I like Heinen but I thought this third line really seemed to click and was noticeable for the first time this season. I’d like to see them together for another game or two. Its such a soft opening schedule its hard to know what’s going to work.
Agree. I think Nordy won't stay too long on 2nd line before the kickstart of energy wanes. Move Bjork up there, he's earned it. And roll with Backes Heinen and Donato/Nordstrom for line 3 until they can find a 3C.

Reactions: DKH

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
What? why are you moving Nords to the 4th?

Nordstrom has really stabilized that line. They're flying & creating scoring chances. You don't break that up, not after the struggles that line has had. I don't give a *&^% about Nordstrom's history w/Carolina. He's here now and he's doing wonderfully. Maybe all he needed was a change of scenery to help him blossom as a player. Maybe he's just a late bloomer. Maybe it's both.

Did you see Krejci's grin on the bench yesterday? He's delighted with his linemates and it shows in his own play.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Not a huge fan of nicknames for lines, unless it something that happens organically and makes sense (ie: merlot) . I also think it’s weird when fans refer to players using a nickname that their teammates use. It introduces a weird sense of familiarity that I find to be slightly creepy. I know that “Bergy” is part of Bostonian vernacular and I’ve gotten used to that one but the throwing a random “y” onto someone’s name just feels strange to me as a fan.

Get off my lawn, it’s supposed to fun, yada yada yada.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Thanks to you guys this is what has become of our goalie Jonathan Bernier...

SplendidPresentBanteng-size_restricted.gif

It's not really his fault, the defense is a shell of what it used to be.

Reactions: FMichael

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Not a huge fan of nicknames for lines, unless it something that happens organically and makes sense (ie: merlot) . I also think it’s weird when fans refer to players using a nickname that their teammates use. It introduces a weird sense of familiarity that I find to be slightly creepy. I know that “Bergy” is part of Bostonian vernacular and I’ve gotten used to that one but the throwing a random “y” onto someone’s name just feels strange to me as a fan.

When did you turn 60? :naughty:

shoulders7

Jan 28, 2009
Peabody
Nordstrom has really stabilized that line. They're flying & creating scoring chances. You don't break that up, not after the struggles that line has had. I don't give a *&^% about Nordstrom's history w/Carolina. He's here now and he's doing wonderfully. Maybe all he needed was a change of scenery to help him blossom as a player. Maybe he's just a late bloomer. Maybe it's both.

Did you see Krejci's grin on the bench yesterday? He's delighted with his linemates and it shows in his own play.
Jesus, you can look at him smiling on the bench and decipher it is because of his linemates? Talk about a giant leap. And yes, let’s ignore everything Nordstrom has done before he got here and go on a 2 game sample size, that seems much more logical. He has had 2 good games, relax and don’t “blow a gasket” when he gets moved back down to the 4th line where he belongs

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

Haggs keeps trying to force "the perfection line" and I hate it.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Jesus, you can look at him smiling on the bench and decipher it is because of his linemates? Talk about a giant leap. And yes, let’s ignore everything Nordstrom has done before he got here and go on a 2 game sample size, that seems much more logical. He has had 2 good games, relax and don’t “blow a gasket” when he gets moved back down to the 4th line where he belongs
No one will be upset if he gets demoted because his ability to help the line goes away. Right now he has stabilized the line and we should ride that while we can. Hopefully one of the kids forces a hand and pushes him off the 2nd line, but as long as he is the best option keep him there, that line needs someone that helps drive the puck and Nords does that.

Reactions: Strafer

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

The Perfect Line.

Organic enough for yah

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad