Post-Game Talk: GAME 5 - St. Louis 2 BRUINS 1 - Blues lead series 3-2 - II - Barbashev suspended one game

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
yes. the formula is working. they have no reason to change it up. refs won't make the tough calls.
already shorthanded? interfere with bruins at every turn, no chance they call it. headshots on
every third shift? all good, the stevie sunglasses are permanently on.
I have been seeing a lot of clutching and grabbing of Bruins as they try to skate up ice. Hard to get the offense going when you are pulling a water skier.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
Screenshot_2019-06-07-22-06-35~2.png

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
I don't judge the refs too bad, but I'm so curious what they do in between periods? Scrabble, Tiddly Winks? I'm just a curious fan!

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
A lot of this is St. Louis taking liberties on the pk knowing that the referees don't have the fortitude to call a 2nd penalty to make it a 5 on 3. How many trips holds and hooks have occurred on our power plays since game 3. I'd bet it's more than you think.
That’s how they are dealing with the pp.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
The ****ing Blues game plan is obvious

Try to injure, maim and take out as many opposing players as possible by whatever means necessary ...notice how they like to finish their checks HIGH

Good thing big Z avoided that one

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I don't judge the refs too bad, but I'm so curious what they do in between periods? Scrabble, Tiddly Winks? I'm just a curious fan!

Discussing game strategy with Berube while getting instructions from Toronto how to limit Bruin PP's at all costs

Last edited:
Reactions: pkunit

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Bettman doesn't care about the Boston media or the hockey media at large. However when the New York Times questions your product that is another story.

Blues Beat Bruins, but Officiating Takes Center Stage at Stanley Cup Finals

merlin_156068328_c9112a1a-2b17-4b87-94bc-bfaa1df1be0a-articleLarge.jpg
Good article, and I really wanted to comment on this.

I rewrote it three times.

All I can bring myself to say is that he’s a very bad man and I am quite displeased with him.

I grow less fond of him with each passing day.

That’s all.

For now.

Reactions: BMC and Mpasta

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
I truly cannot understand why the refs sitting 3 feet away from both the Mojo headshot and "the trip" are somehow blind so what everyone else in the arena can see.

They're either scared ****less of whiny baby Berube ...or the fix is in

Either way, it's total bull**** and if the reffing stays status quo for game 6 ...we're screwed

...and I will never buy another jersey, cap or any item that's sold by the NHL ever again

I've already boycotted the NFL a few years back because of their corrupt officials and rigging of games

Reactions: Emerz

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Bettman doesn't care about the Boston media or the hockey media at large. However when the New York Times questions your product that is another story.

Blues Beat Bruins, but Officiating Takes Center Stage at Stanley Cup Finals

merlin_156068328_c9112a1a-2b17-4b87-94bc-bfaa1df1be0a-articleLarge.jpg

It's also getting in the way of sponsorships, too. This morning, the PR_NHL twitter account tweeted out the Pasta commercial to celebrate Dunkin being the official "United States Coffee" of the NHL for the next 2 or 3 years. Of course, I and a probably a few other people quickly attempted to ratio the tweet, noting that the refs DID indeed miss a few calls last night.

The tweet is no longer there - I think it lasted about an hour until the PR geniuses realized that this was NOT the time to be promoting that commercial, especially in the land of Dunkin and the Bruins.

People are always going to complain about officiating. I'm not going to say that it was the worst officiated game in NHL history - or even this playoff season. The Blues actually have a bigger beef with the famous Hand Pass Goal - even if they did wind up winning the series.

I also think it's incompetence plus perhaps some implicit bias. There's no way there's some giant conspiracy to get St. Louis their first cup. If there were, wouldn't the conspiracy be on OUR side? Boston's local NBC 10 would LOVE the ratings boost from the parade and next year's January-April games if we were to win the Cup, and they need it.

The game's simply too fast, and the refs are simply too bad, and the cameras are simply too numerous, for the refs to keep up.

Reactions: BMC and sooshii

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It's also getting in the way of sponsorships, too. This morning, the PR_NHL twitter account tweeted out the Pasta commercial to celebrate Dunkin being the official "United States Coffee" of the NHL for the next 2 or 3 years. Of course, I and a probably a few other people quickly attempted to ratio the tweet, noting that the refs DID indeed miss a few calls last night.

The tweet is no longer there - I think it lasted about an hour until the PR geniuses realized that this was NOT the time to be promoting that commercial, especially in the land of Dunkin and the Bruins.

People are always going to complain about officiating. I'm not going to say that it was the worst officiated game in NHL history - or even this playoff season. The Blues actually have a bigger beef with the famous Hand Pass Goal - even if they did wind up winning the series.

I also think it's incompetence plus perhaps some implicit bias. There's no way there's some giant conspiracy to get St. Louis their first cup. If there were, wouldn't the conspiracy be on OUR side? Boston's local NBC 10 would LOVE the ratings boost from the parade and next year's January-April games if we were to win the Cup, and they need it.

The game's simply too fast, and the refs are simply too bad, and the cameras are simply too numerous, for the refs to keep up.

That was my point - the NY Times is read by the people who make advertising buys.

The NHL needs a third ref either in the venue or in Toronto to be able to buzz the refs when something needs another look.

We had video of Sutherland skating towards center ice after the goal with a deer in the headlights look as he knew he just had a career-defining moment.

McGuire made a point on Montreal radio that the NHL had already dismissed 4 of their best refs earlier in the playoffs and the best ref is injured. Now we have word that Francis Charron and Tim Peel have been put on standby for either Game 6 or 7.

Peel lives in St. Louis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad