Post-Game Talk: GAME 5 - St. Louis 2 BRUINS 1 - Blues lead series 3-2 - II - Barbashev suspended one game

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
if any of our vets require a motivation speech at this time of the year they should be moved. All of them know what they need to do, now they have to do it

It was more the spirit of what he said. He also tells them to get pucks deep and be heavy on the puck, if they don’t know that as well by now I suppose they should be moved too.

Yoko Ono

Jun 8, 2019
At first had no issues with the blues or their fans. But now. A bunch of cocky dirty ass bags

I am from St. Louis and a former Blues fan since 2008 (wronged by the upper management with a season ticket dispute). My first game was against the Bruins I was 7 years old and saw Orr and Espo play. I always have had a soft spot for the Bruins since then. Anyway this statement is correct the and may I add Blues fans are a hockey illiterate bunch. I include my former self but have a new appreciation for the game once I ditched my Looze glasses. Just wanted to say hi and wishing the Bruins good luck with the rest of the series the team is so fun to watch this season.

Also I have watched most of the playoff series and agree with most of you that the officiating has become unbearable I can't remember so many missed calls in my lifetime makes me wish they would bring back the goons of the past they knew how to keep a game under control.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
At first had no issues with the blues or their fans. But now. A bunch of cocky dirty ass bags
It’s honestly not a big group of Blues fans. There’s a few clear trolls in the main board but I haven’t had many terrible interactions overall. Seems like it’s more Leafs, Canucks fans be in annoying. Even Habs fans mostly staying out of it.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It’s honestly not a big group of Blues fans. There’s a few clear trolls in the main board but I haven’t had many terrible interactions overall. Seems like it’s more Leafs, Canucks fans be in annoying. Even Habs fans mostly staying out of it.

honestly never met a Blues fan in all my years and funny enough, finding the vibe out here in Victoria, most are cheering for the Bruins in this series

Yoko Ono

Jun 8, 2019
Not sure and can't find the answer but I cannot remember a team with 2 suspensions to 2 different players in the same final series maybe someone can enlighten me.

Maybe I found the answer but I need someone to check me only 4 players in league history have had a suspension in a finals series and 2 are this season way to go Looze.

Reactions: nORRis8

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Screw 2 minutes and to he** with intent, if this league was truly serious about trying to limit the amount of concussions, the penalty for hits from behind and hits to the head would be severe and not little taps on the wrist.

When a player sees another`s numbers or names clearly, it`s a hit from behind, case closed, if that player still chooses to go forward and crush that player, suspension immediately and same for head shots
Agree with this too.

Reactions: nORRis8

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
That was my point - the NY Times is read by the people who make advertising buys.

The NHL needs a third ref either in the venue or in Toronto to be able to buzz the refs when something needs another look.

We had video of Sutherland skating towards center ice after the goal with a deer in the headlights look as he knew he just had a career-defining moment.

McGuire made a point on Montreal radio that the NHL had already dismissed 4 of their best refs earlier in the playoffs and the best ref is injured. Now we have word that Francis Charron and Tim Peel have been put on standby for either Game 6 or 7.

Peel lives in St. Louis.

If Peel has an ounce of integrity he will decline the assignment due to perceived conflict of interest.

He won't of course.

Last edited:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Screw 2 minutes and to he** with intent, if this league was truly serious about trying to limit the amount of concussions, the penalty for hits from behind and hits to the head would be severe and not little taps on the wrist.

When a player sees another`s numbers or names clearly, it`s a hit from behind, case closed, if that player still chooses to go forward and crush that player, suspension immediately and same for head shots

Yes! I don't want to hear another f***ing word about how much the NHL is concerned about head injuries until they adopt rules like this. Until they do it is all bullspit to cover their asses in the concussion lawsuit.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Let's not forget we are dealing with a coach here who basically had no hockey skills whatsoever, his primary and only job was as a dirty head hunter, and he definetely has instilled and is preaching this same type of game plan into his team, so they're all doing it. This is evident, but it's mind boggling to see that they are allowed to get away with it. Crazy
The Blues assistant is my guess behind the high hit approach

Berube was a fighter

Ott we all know

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
honestly never met a Blues fan in all my years and funny enough, finding the vibe out here in Victoria, most are cheering for the Bruins in this series

That's nice because every where I go everyone except Bruins fans are on the blues band wagon. NBC has so pumped up the last to first fairy tale that all non Hockey fans are jumping all over the Blues. That and no one wants the Ultimate villain Brad Marchand and the Boston Bruins to win.

That's why the Bruins need to come back and win these next two games to become Stanley Cup Champions once again and have all those Band wagon followers of the Blues along with NBC eat some major crow. Which will make it all the more Sweeter!
2lets-go-bruins-animated-icon.gif
giphy.gif
2lets-go-bruins-animated-icon.gif

Reactions: minpind

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
The Blues will change the rules - no one else will have the opportunity to copy cat the Blues playoff approach

Barbashev disguised premeditated hits will be closely watched going forward

I don't think so, Tom Wilson/Blues rockem sockem hockey will be back next year, the Bruins haters are loving it all of a sudden and nobody feels bad for us. get ready for more Tom Wilson type players in the league. Bruins will have to draft and acquire some toughness bc the hits will never stop coming against the B's.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Funny how there's this idea and its been around for years, that in the third period particularly late the refs do not make calls, even blatant ones.

Yet when a player "mistakenly" flips a puck over the glass there's suddenly an unwritten rule "that's an automatic penalty" no matter at what portion of the game.

Yet the refs (and linesman) missed 2 too many men on the ice in game 5, Krug getting mugged twice and Acharri getting obviously slewfooted and a headshot at Johansen and one at Krug. None of it called.
But flip the puck over the glass. Ohhh nooo!!! Call 911!!!

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I am from St. Louis and a former Blues fan since 2008 (wronged by the upper management with a season ticket dispute). My first game was against the Bruins I was 7 years old and saw Orr and Espo play. I always have had a soft spot for the Bruins since then. Anyway this statement is correct the and may I add Blues fans are a hockey illiterate bunch. I include my former self but have a new appreciation for the game once I ditched my Looze glasses. Just wanted to say hi and wishing the Bruins good luck with the rest of the series the team is so fun to watch this season.

Also I have watched most of the playoff series and agree with most of you that the officiating has become unbearable I can't remember so many missed calls in my lifetime makes me wish they would bring back the goons of the past they knew how to keep a game under control.

This is definitely a troll post/user meant to subtly mock the fanbase.

Just...IMO

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Not sure and can't find the answer but I cannot remember a team with 2 suspensions to 2 different players in the same final series maybe someone can enlighten me.

Maybe I found the answer but I need someone to check me only 4 players in league history have had a suspension in a finals series and 2 are this season way to go Looze.

Reactions: winterwill and BMC

Yoko Ono

Jun 8, 2019
This is definitely a troll post/user meant to subtly mock the fanbase.

Just...IMO

You would be wrong my post is honest and I have no intention of mocking the fanbase I am just a hockey fan and always enjoyed the Bruins. I also like many other teams that you would not approve of but I enjoy good teams that compete the right way.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
The Blues assistant is my guess behind the high hit approach

Berube was a fighter

Ott we all know
Oh didn't know about Ott on the coaching staff, where there is smoke there is fire

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
I don't post much these days and I pretty much take what happens in games in stride win or lose, but game five has left me pissed because of the outright non-calls. I'm baffled. I'm fighting mad, and I don't get upset easily.
Some many classify what I'm going to say as a conspiracy theory, but at this point I strongly believe the league powers want a seven game finals. I believe game six will be a closely called game. Anything that is close to a penalty will be called. The Bruins can not take runs at players like St. Louis has or they will be called for it; not because it is against Boston, but because so much attention has now been focused on the officiating. Boston will probably get the last couple of powerplays in the game. I assume Boston will win giving the league what it wants a 7 game final - one game winner take all.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Funny how there's this idea and its been around for years, that in the third period particularly late the refs do not make calls, even blatant ones.

Yet when a player "mistakenly" flips a puck over the glass there's suddenly an unwritten rule "that's an automatic penalty" no matter at what portion of the game.

uhhhhh

that's actually a written rule...

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
I don't think so, Tom Wilson/Blues rockem sockem hockey will be back next year, the Bruins haters are loving it all of a sudden and nobody feels bad for us. get ready for more Tom Wilson type players in the league. Bruins will have to draft and acquire some toughness bc the hits will never stop coming against the B's.
Michael Ferland would be a great place to start

Reactions: KrejciMVP

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Michael Ferland would be a great place to start

What kind of contract would you give him? It'll be a challenge to fit him into the top 6 and I don't think he's going to ask for 3rd line money. Could have sworn one of the insiders reported he was asking for a good bit more than Wilson's $5.1M

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
What kind of contract would you give him? It'll be a challenge to fit him into the top 6 and I don't think he's going to ask for 3rd line money. Could have sworn one of the insiders reported he was asking for a good bit more than Wilson's $5.1M

Tom Wilson is worth it, can Ferland score ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad