Post-Game Talk: GAME 5 - St. Louis 2 BRUINS 1 - Blues lead series 3-2 - II - Barbashev suspended one game

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
Blues have been the better team past 2 games. Their best players have shown up. Bruins just aren’t getting the level of play they need from Bergeron Marchand Krejci Pastrnak. At this stage, your best players have to make their presence known. O’Reilly is owning the Bergeron line. And he’s finding ways to produce offense, ugly offense but offense nonetheless.

I don’t feel good about game 6. Going into their building for a Cup clinching game makes this fan nervous. Potential to get rolled. The Blues are playing some solid hockey.

I don’t want to hear about the refs. We aren’t the Canucks or the Canadiens, we are Bruins fans.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Blues have been the better team past 2 games. Their best players have shown up. Bruins just aren’t getting the level of play they need from Bergeron Marchand Krejci Pastrnak. At this stage, your best players have to make their presence known. O’Reilly is owning the Bergeron line. And he’s finding ways to produce offense, ugly offense but offense nonetheless.

I don’t feel good about game 6. Going into their building for a Cup clinching game makes this fan nervous. Potential to get rolled. The Blues are playing some solid hockey.

I don’t want to hear about the refs. We aren’t the Canucks or the Canadiens, we are Bruins fans.

The Bruins dominated 2/3s of last night.

Reactions: Chief Nine

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I was ****ing pissed has the non calls were pilling up.

This is the part that is interesting. When you go back and look at some of the stuff that STL has gotten away with (physically) in previous rounds and games, it’s like people think that it’s ok to play that way.

There has literally been multiple dirty plays/headshots by the Blues in every game and it’s gotten to the point where you see the Sanford hit and are like, well, that’s nothing compared to THIS play. It’s nuts.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
So they sit Backes just to give Heinen 8 minutes - Have an extra defenseman so Clifton can get 6 minutes, Kampfer 8... I just don’t get it

The point of sitting Backes was so that Chara could play, and they decided on 7 D for insurance, in case he or another defenseman went down during the game.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
So they sit Backes just to give Heinen 8 minutes - Have an extra defenseman so Clifton can get 6 minutes, Kampfer 8... I just don’t get it
they dressed 7D so that if Chara couldn't play they wouldn't be stuck with 5D. You can definitely argue someone other than Backes should have been the one to sit, but he may be dealing with some kind of injury where having basically a week off helps him more than it would someone else.

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
Stop blaming the refs and start blaming the multimillionaires doing nothing. Bergeron. Marchand. Krejci. Pastrnak. These "leaders" are doing diddly squat in the finals and ruining a chance at winning the cup. Pathetic.

Widdlez

Da Broons.
Apr 4, 2011
Weird feeling after this one tbh.

After game 4 I was incredibly angry because it felt like the Bruins didn't show up. But this game they showed up and got screwed. I know theres countless "okay the call was bad but the bruins didnt deserve this one anyway" posts but it didn't feel like the Blues did anything to earn this win either. I thought they got outplayed a majority of the game and yet they still win.

Yet i'm not as angry, i just want it pushed out of my brain. just pure apathy.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
The point of sitting Backes was so that Chara could play, and they decided on 7 D for insurance, in case he or another defenseman went down during the game.
My move for game 6 would be... just this.. if possible...

Grizz in.. Moore out going with 6 D
Kamp our and Backes who’s already out/ Kuhlman in

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Feeling sad but still hopeful. I will be there to the bitter end but if the Bruins can’t rally I don’t think we will see a Cup anytime soon . I’ve been a passionate fan all my life but win or lose next year will be different. I will watch some games but not every game but the passion or desire to experience another Stanley Cup will be dimmed .

Reactions: Dreghorn2

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
So now this is going to be the second suspension for a Blues player due to a hit to the head in the same f***ing series and neither hit has even got 2 minutes on the ice. And we got the joy of having to play with 5D for basically the whole game + OT in game 2 which absolutely was a reason (if not the main reason) we lost.

Clearly there is a f***ing problem here.

Reactions: Bun Cook

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
This is the part that is interesting. When you go back and look at some of the stuff that STL has gotten away with (physically) in previous rounds and games, it’s like people think that it’s ok to play that way.

There has literally been multiple dirty plays/headshots by the Blues in every game and it’s gotten to the point where you see the Sanford hit and are like, well, that’s nothing compared to THIS play. It’s nuts.
I'm not sure what to think no more, I mean what the hell is going on, the bias is so obvious that its mind boggling.
The worst part is... they're getting away with it. The league, refs and the Blues.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Stop blaming the refs and start blaming the multimillionaires doing nothing. Bergeron. Marchand. Krejci. Pastrnak. These "leaders" are doing diddly squat in the finals and ruining a chance at winning the cup. Pathetic.
I’m blaming both actually,these guys better have some major type of injuries going on for the way they have played.

Reactions: Lady Rhian

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
So now this is going to be the second suspension for a Blues player due to a hit to the head in the same ****ing series and neither hit has even got 2 minutes on the ice. And we got the joy of having to play with 5D for basically the whole game + OT in game 2 which absolutely was a reason (if not the main reason) we lost.

Clearly there is a ****ing problem here.

The Sundqvist hit did get two :laugh:

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012

It's the Seattle Seahawks style of pass defense. Even if you commit pass interference and holding on every play, they're not going to call it every time. After a little while, the refs just start to consider it their style of play, so it doesn't even occur to them to call a penalty.

GoCanes2015

Oct 14, 2017
Kudos to Chara for playing with the busted jaw, but he was a liability last night. Adding the 7th D as a result didn't help. Bruins top guys have been ghosts.

Reactions: TCB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad