Game #5 : KINGS vs. CANUCKS - 1/28/2013 : 3-2 Shootout WIN!

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Luu was your best player.

Kassian, I think is almost impossible to judge. Put a monkey next to the Sedins and they will put up 20 goals. Like Burrows and how his numbers have been affected so far this year.

Thats for the comment King,

I do think tho you are shorting kassian a bit, Sedins have been basically dreadful this year and Kas has been carrying them, Also first two goals Kass was with raymond and ebbett haha.

Goodluck the rest of the year, Hope we meet in the playoffs.:cheers:

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia

I do think tho you are shorting kassian a bit, Sedins have been basically dreadful this year and Kas has been carrying them, Also first two goals Kass was with raymond and ebbett haha.

Well, two out of the last three years and we're 1-1. Gotta do best of 3 for the POs.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Really impressed with the play of Gagne tonight. Started out on the 4th line and just kept moving up, to the point where he was on the ice in the final minute when Slava tied it.

With Penner back to last years Penner, Richards looking like Roenick, Brown and Williams struggling. Gagne could easily find a role on a scoring line.

One thing with Sutter, the guys that are playing the best, play.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Kassian is good, but he wasn't really what I expected before the game. I was expecting more of a physical slant to his game and that didn't happen tonight. Luongo was the Canucks best player and I really don't know if trading him is the right thing to do.

The Carter trade is one of those we'll look back on in a few years (or maybe even now) and not regret a single part of it. I felt that way when it was made and have only thought better of it over time. The guy is a natural goalscorer, I don't get why there were so many Philly fans against him, but I guess I'm glad they were.

Also nice to see Doughty hit the ground running this year and playing as excellent as anyone could have expected.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008

I watched one other Nucks game (the Oilers game) and that goal he basically just stood infront Sedin gave him a tap in. His other goals show unassited and from the Sedin's on the PP....so not sure about the Raymond/Ebbett stuff. I did also watch him take out Oilers fighter (Eager?).

I just think Nuck fans want to see so much more than is there (right now) because Hodgson started hot and Kassian being "great" instead of just "good" makes them feel better.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
The team looked good for most of the game, except for the power play. So many missed opportunities. Watching in person, I felt Gagne had an awful game. Poor decisions and sloppy puck control all night. Maybe it's just taking him longer to get back in game shape, which I understand considering how little he's played in the last year (including the lockout). Doughty looked good as usual. He starting to play more consistently. I thought Muzzin did well again, it's fun to see someone actually shoot the puck. I thought when we started hitting for a couple minutes there we looked like our old selves. Brown needs to keep leading the team in that direction.

The refs made a couple sloppy and odd calls again today. Nothing new there. I wonder how long it will take them to get up to speed collectively.

Good win, I thought Vancouver would have the advantage in the OT and the SO, but I was (thankfully) wrong.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I still don't think we're playing very well. Carter is the only top 6 forward that's getting it done right now.

VERY encouraged by the play of Gagne though.

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
I think it's time to get Penner in. I put him in King's spot.

I was glad to see King get demoted after that weak ass shot he took. The Kings finally got some good speed into the Vancouver zone and put the shot on Luongo like he was dumping it in. Sutter demoted him/promoted Gagne immediately after that.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Hey guys, nice win tonight.

I come in peace!,

Opinions on guys like kassian?, luongo?, curious what other teams think about them this year. thanks

I am very afraid of Kassian. Not only because he's ugly as sin, but he's pretty good at hockey! ;)

But he's big, strong, and tenacious. With seasoning he could be very much like Bertuzzi in his prime.

Luongo has faced a lot of unfair criticism since being supplanted by Schneider as the starter. He's good. Tonight wasn't a great showcase of his talent, but I've always thought he was a good goalie, and I think you'll get great value for him when he's traded away.

P.S. Thanks for being civil in a rival's forum :)

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

I was glad to see King get demoted after that weak ass shot he took. The Kings finally got some good speed into the Vancouver zone and put the shot on Luongo like he was dumping it in. Sutter demoted him/promoted Gagne immediately after that.
I think we're going to see that. For whatever reason DK hasn't played very well so far, and considering we have options in the press box there's no reason to persist. He'll be back in once someone goes down or plays poorly and that's bound to happen

Rod Buskas*

cool, we're the 8th seed now ;)

we got the league RIGHT where we want them

images

Rod Buskas*

Hey guys, nice win tonight.

I come in peace!,

Opinions on guys like kassian?, luongo?, curious what other teams think about them this year. thanks

i said before the game that I would rather have played Schneider tonight and Lu proved me right. He was fantastic.

Kassian is going to be a top 6er for a long time. Good hands and grit. We hold Clifford in the same regard.

binop7

Jul 4, 2011
<Bill Lumberg voice>Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, right. I'm gonna have to disagree with you on that one.</officespace>

I can't stand the ****ing canucks

4 Team Parlay #282975803 Hockey - NHL (Game) Boston Bruins -1½ (+225) Mon@6:05p Competitor:(52) Carolina Hurricanes

Edmonton Oilers -1½ (+215) Mon@8:35p Competitor:(57) Colorado Avalanche

Los Angeles Kings -1½ (+220) Mon@9:35p Competitor:(59) Vancouver Canucks Hockey - NHL (Game) Canadian Line (53)

Dallas Stars +1½ (-340) Mon@6:05p Competitor:(54) Columbus Blue Jackets Risk CA$ 200.00 to win CA$ 8163.95

Inner Turbulence

Jun 12, 2009
Copenhagen, Denmark
And for people who don't think Drew Doughty has been playing well, stop looking at the box score and watch the actual game. He's playing great defensively, he's logging the most ice time in the NHL and is shutting down the opposing team's top line. Just because he's not putting up numbers offensively, it doesn't mean he's not playing well

I think Drew has been playing very well, that defensive stick on stick, taking away the puck move on Hansens "breakaway" was outstanding. But calling it "shutting down the opposing teams top line" might be a stretch when he's -2 on a night where there's 2 goals against.

KingKopitar11*

He just looked like an idiot because he failed so hard.

Wow it was a sad attempt I agree. I think it was highly risky to do something like that especially in a short season. Not cool.

Ron*

I don't think anyone was demoted tonight. Sutter tried about a million line combinations. I couldn't keep up.

I have no idea what he is doing, but I have faith in Sutter. I do have to wonder about the chemistry of the lines at some point...but there was so much mixing and matching he had me guessing all night long.

I'm sure Vancouver was flummoxed as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad