Game #5 : KINGS vs. CANUCKS - 1/28/2013 : 3-2 Shootout WIN!

I haven't read the Canucks board but if they are blaming "diving", they are delusional. The Kings played good last night but the Canucks were very poor from what I've seen of them in year's past. And it is understandable considering it is the beginning of the season and they were playing their 3rd game in 4 nights. But if they think some phantom "dives" are the reason they lost, they are out to lunch. Their defense and forwards routinely turned over the puck coming out of their own zone. Their two goals were both flukey. The first being a bad bounce and the second being a bad read by the goalie along with a defensive breakdown. I don't know if there is a stat for puck possession but I'd venture to guess it was north of 60/40 in favor of the Kings. I'm pretty sure the Canucks also failed to convert on a power play.

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
I'm starting to think, because they're players have been so routinely called out over the past few season, they are reflexively always on the counteroffensive. During games they are on the lookout for ANYTHING they can use to negate the dive cards being played against them by everyone else. Particularly us, as we've had a heated couple years with them. They can't help themselves, many are wired like this now.

RonSwanson*

I haven't read the Canucks board but if they are blaming "diving", they are delusional. The Kings played good last night but the Canucks were very poor from what I've seen of them in year's past. And it is understandable considering it is the beginning of the season and they were playing their 3rd game in 4 nights. But if they think some phantom "dives" are the reason they lost, they are out to lunch. Their defense and forwards routinely turned over the puck coming out of their own zone. Their two goals were both flukey. The first being a bad bounce and the second being a bad read by the goalie along with a defensive breakdown. I don't know if there is a stat for puck possession but I'd venture to guess it was north of 60/40 in favor of the Kings. I'm pretty sure the Canucks also failed to convert on a power play.

They got two free powerplays on horrible calls (Brown and Gagne), yet they want to pretend that some phantom dives by Kopitar cost them the game?

Ron*

33c43d8826be251dd751fa7a36a7288f_normal.jpeg

Angry NHL Fans @LOLVancouver
Dustin Brown should send a package of Replica Stanley Cup Rings to the visitors dressing room right now.

vanbabies.jpg

Ron*

^^^^^ At first I thought the Photoshop artist was lazy and duplicated one crying baby twice, but then I realized it was for the Sedins! :laugh:

KingKopitar11*

When's our next game. **** I thought a lockout was supposed to be back to backs. This schedule is more easier than regular season lol. This blows.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
Kings are currently 3rd in the league in fenwick with the score tied. About the same as last year, just need the luck to change in terms of the puck going into the other net

Pretty amazingly, MTL are #1, with STL being an obvious #2

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
When's our next game. **** I thought a lockout was supposed to be back to backs. This schedule is more easier than regular season lol. This blows.

Tomorrow is the next game.

The schedule will pick up starting february 10th, from that point on, they have 39 games in roughly 77 days. Including 7 back-to-backs, luckily 3 require no travel by plane, and one of the 4 that do is LA to PHX.

KingKopitar11*

Tomorrow is the next game.

The schedule will pick up starting february 10th, from that point on, they have 39 games in roughly 77 days. Including 7 back-to-backs, luckily 3 require no travel by plane, and one of the 4 that do is LA to PHX.

Finally our schedule is slow as hell so far.

Kaname

Jan 21, 2013
California
I was at that game and I have to say there was a guy about 2 or 3 rows behind me who was saying some pretty funny things about Luongo. The one I clearly remember was the guy saying Luongo likes cucumbers.

The shoot out was pretty amazing to see in person. But Richards...I don't know what the hell he was doing out there most of the time. He seemed rather lost every time he was on the ice. I hope we do better against Nashville tomorrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad