Game #5 : KINGS vs. CANUCKS - 1/28/2013 : 3-2 Shootout WIN!

Quattro

Aug 5, 2005
Scuds helped out Quickie big time.

Except of course when Burrows beat Scuderi like a rented mule on that wraparound

Anyone see this twitter feed https://twitter.com/LOLVancouver? ****ing hilarious

Wow, that is....something. Pretty scary, actually :amazed:

Would've been interesting if Burrows goal counted. Probably been reviewed in Toronto. Glad it didn't come down to that.

How could it have counted if it didn't go in the net? I know the Toronto war room has it out for us but...:laugh:

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
According to the Vancouver board, or atleast some of their fans, our whole team dives. Calling Kopitar and Stoll divers :laugh:

"I've never seen a team dive so much" .....do they not watch their own team play?

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
Found it from lakingsinsider:

I thought it felt like a long time. It's been over a year and two months. Funny, it was against Vancouver, too.

That goal didn't tie the game though. We were down by 2.

The last time we scored with the goalie pulled to tie is like 4 years ago

bobafettish*

According to the Vancouver board, or atleast some of their fans, our whole team dives. Calling Kopitar and Stoll divers :laugh:

"I've never seen a team dive so much" .....do they not watch their own team play?

who cares what theyre fans think, theyre all cracked in the head. i

Dykstra

whiskey jpeg pgt
May 1, 2010

The last one i can remember

Actually i just remember because of Handzus HT :laugh:

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
my neighbor posted the attached mini poster at staples last night... :)

Attachments

• xkings.jpg
    xkings.jpg
    814.3 KB · Views: 38

Vic Vinegar

Oct 27, 2009
I've seen a lot of Nucks fans complaining about a dive by Doughty. Does anyone know which play they're talking about?

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I've seen a lot of Nucks fans complaining about a dive by Doughty. Does anyone know which play they're talking about?

They are probably talking about the interference call on Hamhuis. They feel Doughty skated into him and dove.

Vic Vinegar

Oct 27, 2009
They are probably talking about the interference call on Hamhuis. They feel Doughty skated into him and dove.

What the hell? You would think Canucks fans should be able to distinguish what is and is not a dive, considering how much diving they see on a regular basis.

Last edited by a moderator:

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
What the hell? That is just Pejorative Slured. You would think Canucks fans should be able to distinguish what is and is not a dive, considering how much diving they see on a regular basis.

Clearly, everytime our players fall, it's a dive and the Canucks players didn't even touch them. Everytime the canucks lose the puck, it should be a penalty on the Kings. If the Canucks and their fans worried more about THEIR game instead of ours, they'd be in a better situation.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Good game. I think this could be a springboard win and get us on a good track here.

I thought the officiating was especially poor last night but the boys found a way to overcome it. Quick looked good aside from 1 error that cost a goal. Kopi was flying, Richards looked better, Voynov might just win a norris trophy before drew, and our bottom lines continue to impress. Happiness. :)

Regarding the diving I feel both teams have players that dive alot. It's just that the Kings are so much better at making it look legit and believable. Some of the Vancouver attempts last year were just pitiful.

Jun 30, 2006
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Haha, what a great game to watch in person. I thought it was game over when they were up 2-0, but I was reminded why Loungo is Loungo. Love the rings they handed out prior to the game too, thanks to the Kings org for doing that, couldn't have been cheap.

Muzzin and Voynov played really well, two young kids that look like veterans out there. Really good to see without Mitchell in the lineup. Doughty is still our best defenseman, logged in a ton of minutes.

Is it me or did Clifford find another gear this season? He looks very fast out there.

RonSwanson*

The Voynov/Williams goal to tie the game was with the goalie pulled.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
For whoever said Gagne was skating well, but having trouble with the puck, I agree. He single handedly caused the turnover for Carter's goal with his hustle.

I would love to see Penner in for King next game. King is doing absolutely nothing out there right now.

RonSwanson*

Clearly, everytime our players fall, it's a dive and the Canucks players didn't even touch them. Everytime the canucks lose the puck, it should be a penalty on the Kings. If the Canucks and their fans worried more about THEIR game instead of ours, they'd be in a better situation.

Seriously. Biggest whiners ever.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
Great game, I thought we controlled the play. DD44 and Muzzin have been solid and I'd hate to lose either. So who gets waived/traded when Mitchell returns?

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Great game, I thought we controlled the play. DD44 and Muzzin have been solid and I'd hate to lose either. So who gets waived/traded when Mitchell returns?

They can be scratched. But once Greene comes back, one of Drewiske/Muzzin/Richardson/whichever other player is scratched will have to be sent down or gotten rid of.

DeeMeck

Jan 19, 2008

That's simple really. Drewiske and Muzzin will rotate in and out of the line-up while Bodnarchuk goes back to Manchester.

Voynov and Martinez will also be pushed to keep playing well to keep themselves from being healthy-scratched.

Good to have competition among the youngsters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->