GDT: Game 5: Bruins @ Coyotes | 6:00 p.m. PDT | FS-A | 620 AM

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009
I don't care if the Coyotes never win a game this season. I just want to see our youth get better overtime.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
tfw you bring in Hjalmarsson to get the best out of OEL but it turns out they suck as a pairing and OEL just sucks in general

Chayka has to feel like the hockey gods are angry at this point. What a silly, absurd turn of events.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
tfw you bring in Hjalmarsson to get the best out of OEL but it turns out they suck as a pairing and OEL just sucks in general

Perhaps?
WUWQSKK.gif

(hey look the score matches too....)

BigJCaRoach

I howl
Sponsor
Oct 5, 2005
The Desert
“[frustrating but] We have to just stay positive and stick together.” -OEL postgame

:)

Get their sh** together and go sweep Dallas this week.

Edit: Louis postgame comments heartbreaking, Louis answering every question “I just have to be better.” Poor guy knows it.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
It's one of those things where people mention how much the coach was the issue, and it turns out, it may have never been the coach or the system at all.

Think about it - Tip always stated how this isn't a learning league. This game is showing that exact premise right here. We need players that know what to do out there. Yes, we have a learning curve with a new coach and new system, but when it is a broken record of a) execution, b) chasing the game, and c) playing 60 minutes, why isn't Tocchet getting the exact same vitriol that Tippett was getting when the team is failing for the exact same reasons? Tocchet preached accountability, yet we look less accountable than any other time under a coach that people claimed never held anyone accountable.

Not saying we look worse than last year at this point, but we certainly don't look better.

Not sure if I've caught it with our new guys but I still see some of the returning players making the same habitual mistakes they did last season. Particularly on D.

There's been a huge turnover here. Both in players and coaches and it's obvious to anyone with a pulse that they aren't all on the same page right now. Whether it's a mental issue with some players falling into the same funky attitudes they did the last couple of years when they blew leads in games.... or a coaching staff who can't figure out how to get the most from what they have... or both.

I've seen some moments this year where they absolutely looked great, and then watch a bunch of them fall back into old stupid habits and go off the rails.

Bandit34

Jul 23, 2007
HFBoards
Other than Keller, Crouse, Rieder, Hjalmarsson and to a lesser extent, Duclair, everyone else is on my total **** list currently. Domi may have been there but man he was terrible tonight.

100 percent agree with this. Those players have been the only solid ones so far.

Reactions: rt

cobra427

May 6, 2012
It's one of those things where people mention how much the coach was the issue, and it turns out, it may have never been the coach or the system at all.

Think about it - Tip always stated how this isn't a learning league. This game is showing that exact premise right here. We need players that know what to do out there. Yes, we have a learning curve with a new coach and new system, but when it is a broken record of a) execution, b) chasing the game, and c) playing 60 minutes, why isn't Tocchet getting the exact same vitriol that Tippett was getting when the team is failing for the exact same reasons? Tocchet preached accountability, yet we look less accountable than any other time under a coach that people claimed never held anyone accountable.

Not saying we look worse than last year at this point, but we certainly don't look better.

We look worse than last year but we have more veteran talent and way more young talented forwards. If Tip started this way, he would get raked over the coals.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Not sure if I've caught it with our new guys but I still see some of the returning players making the same habitual mistakes they did last season. Particularly on D.

There's been a huge turnover here. Both in players and coaches and it's obvious to anyone with a pulse that they aren't all on the same page right now. Whether it's a mental issue with some players falling into the same funky attitudes they did the last couple of years when they blew leads in games.... or a coaching staff who can't figure out how to get the most from what they have... or both.

I've seen some moments this year where they absolutely looked great, and then watch a bunch of them fall back into old stupid habits and go off the rails.

If they aren't on the same page, that is a coaching/system problem. Vegas has all new players, but somehow they are a cohesive unit.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Over the first five games, Goligoski, Demers, and OEL haven't even been half as good as we need them to be. Stepan is looking a lot like a complimentary player as well. Apart from that, Domingue is falling apart. Passing has been bad, but it's Demers and Goligoski with the absolute worst passes and decisions with the puck. There is a lot of panic with the puck on this team. A lot of very bad decisions with even the least bit of pressure. The story of the season is unforced errors.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I liked the post game interviews tonight. I think they can dig out but they're going need help. They've got to face a team soon that has a really bad night and we've got to catch a bunch of luck. I think if we can steal just a little momentum it can go a long way. We're wallowing. I bet this team plays well when they're having fun. Nobody is having fun right now. We need some luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad