GDT: Game 5: Bruins @ Coyotes | 6:00 p.m. PDT | FS-A | 620 AM

GSMC Goat

Oct 7, 2017
Chicago,IL
For the individual who defended Domingue........5 GAA. He is a career ECHL goalie. Wow!!!! Here is an interesting fact. The only time I have seen ZEROS put up for the opposition is when Rantaa is in net.

Reactions: Yandover

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I didn't even see the fifth goal. It happened too fast. Fix the defense, get a real goalie and we may have a real NHL team.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I'm totally willing to hear the argument Domingue is bad, that's fine. Just get some substance behind it :laugh:

So is there a chance we see Langhammer Tuesday? Domingue has no confidence right now. Not that I think Hammer is an NHL goalie but we need a spark

We're sort of replaying the start to last season so if that's the case, yes Langhammer is in :laugh:

You'll recall that Peters got in a few games while Smith was out last year. Didn't solve the problem of course.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I think we all have PTSD in that we keep bringing up Dave Tippett when we're playing badly. Seriously, he has nothing to do with this.

It's one of those things where people mention how much the coach was the issue, and it turns out, it may have never been the coach or the system at all.

Think about it - Tip always stated how this isn't a learning league. This game is showing that exact premise right here. We need players that know what to do out there. Yes, we have a learning curve with a new coach and new system, but when it is a broken record of a) execution, b) chasing the game, and c) playing 60 minutes, why isn't Tocchet getting the exact same vitriol that Tippett was getting when the team is failing for the exact same reasons? Tocchet preached accountability, yet we look less accountable than any other time under a coach that people claimed never held anyone accountable.

Not saying we look worse than last year at this point, but we certainly don't look better.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
We're already approaching a point where the coaching staff need to go back to the drawing board to stop the bleeding. Whatever specific system they've tried to implement, the players either don't understand it or we simply don't have the players capable of pulling it off. You'd at least expect to see some gradual improvement, but they took a step backwards tonight.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Pretty frustrating first 5 games thus far.

But, again, it’s only been 5 games. :)

We watched hockey this bad or worse for years.

They have some personnel issues to sort out for sure. Guys not doing their job can lead to good things, like getting people like that will do their jobs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad