Post-Game Talk: GAME 48 - Brad wins it in OT - BRUINS 3 Ottawa 2 F/OT

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
I thought the refs against Carolina were bad, but at least our poor play dictated that game and the L. Glad the officials didn't cost us this one.

After the 2nd, I figured Sutherland or a french ref was on the crew but nope. Two guys I've never heard of.

I'm fine being down 6 penalties against 1 if this team was playing reckless, undisciplined hockey. Not saying we took 0 worthy penalties, but a lot of them were soft and weak as shit.

Glad we won. Marchy is clutch yet again!
What? No love for J-SWAY?

Reactions: Clint Eastwood

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
May this live on to meet the eyes of our grandkids’ grandkids

View attachment 810558
These refs, Bettman and his cronies who think that "parity" and supporting losers by making the playing field (ice) uneven by handicapping using the refs to change the outcome is bogus. If this were back in the "Black Sox" days there'd have been Congressional investigations. So much corruption in the NHL now is going to kill the game. It's not how good you are but winning and cheating sanctioned by the league sets a bad example for society and future generations who will grow up thinking that winning even when you don't deserve it is fine. My grandkids all play hockey, and soccer. I see it also in their games, home refs who are chatting it up with the home teams parents and coaches and then doling out what we saw here tonight. I just feel it's dispicable.

Last edited:

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I don’t get the penalties/ this team is too nice we aren’t talking the 74-75 Flyers

They aren’t aggressive and aren’t reckless yet you see games like this and wonder this guy have a bet on the game.
^^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Reactions: TobanWest

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Gutsy effort, Bruins didn't have a lot of jump tonight and the refs were beyond determined to assist Ottawa with a string of BS penalties. Thankfully our leader Marchand sealed the door no doubt disappointing that disgrace of a referring crew, guys I have never heard of. Those refs need to be called out, because other teams may get the same screw job the Bruins did.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Lost in the officiating fiasco is the fact that the Bruins were not good (at all) tonight.

Boqvist led the team in shots on goal and he only play 10:44.

Bruins defensemen had one freakin' shot on goal.

Swayman was the star of the game.

Thank God Jack wasn't calling this one.
Not totally true, Bruins didn't dominate at times but their play was kept to the perimeter and limited their shots.

Reactions: lopey and cat400

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I don’t get the penalties/ this team is too nice we aren’t talking the 74-75 Flyers

They aren’t aggressive and aren’t reckless yet you see games like this and wonder this guy have a bet on the game.
Obviously, the Sens were such a flawlessly clean team, and the Bruins so nasty and dirty that they had to go 6-0 in penalties. :sarcasm:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I thought the refs against Carolina were bad, but at least our poor play dictated that game and the L. Glad the officials didn't cost us this one.

After the 2nd, I figured Sutherland or a french ref was on the crew but nope. Two guys I've never heard of.

I'm fine being down 6 penalties against 1 if this team was playing reckless, undisciplined hockey. Not saying we took 0 worthy penalties, but a lot of them were soft and weak as shit.

Glad we won. Marchy is clutch yet again!
Agree - I’ve been watching Bruins since the late 60’s and this 2023-24 team is about the cleanest team- like a Lady Bynge group. I wish they had a few bad asses and I could I understand the calls but most are phantom or ticky tack

You got to wonder with gambling so prominent in sports if tonight one of these or both didn’t have money on the game

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Wasn't the best from the boys but we got the 2 points. Not much more to say, move on ...2 points Saturday and go to the break feeling good ...almost want to start Sway on Saturday but they'll go with Linus which ain't chopped liver either

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
That's our #1. Our future. Gives me Timmy vibes.

Yes. He's got a bit of Timmy and Billy Smith in him.

1706238842685.png

1706238916967.png

1706239084264.png

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site
Honestly, was ok with 4 of the penalty calls. However, Never Ever seen a 1-handed cross check. Baffling.

PK has to be better . . .they certainly get enough practice.

Potsy looks really out of place.

If Gryzz isn't subbing into the All-Star game, some rest will do him good . . .actually though he did some good things tonight and we'll need him in the 2nd half - get healthy.

Reactions: Aeroforce

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad