Post-Game Talk: GAME 48 - Brad wins it in OT - BRUINS 3 Ottawa 2 F/OT

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Agree - I’ve been watching Bruins since the late 60’s and this 2023-24 team is about the cleanest team- like a Lady Bynge group. I wish they had a few bad asses and I could I understand the calls but most are phantom or ticky tack

You got to wonder with gambling so prominent in sports if tonight one of these or both didn’t have money on the game
It's like putting Mr. Rogers in jail for assault and battery.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Gutsy effort, Bruins didn't have a lot of jump tonight and the refs were beyond determined to assist Ottawa with a string of BS penalties. Thankfully our leader Marchand sealed the door no doubt disappointing that disgrace of a referring crew, guys I have never heard of. Those refs need to be called out, because other teams may get the same screw job the Bruins did.
I thought that after the first period, and then the second, the penalty minutes would even out due to "game management" but it's obvious now that the refs don't answer for their poor performance and nobody but NOBODY has the balls (looking at Montgomery) to open their wired shut mouths. Carlo between periods didn't seem bothered at all by it, no fire, nothing. It's good that they prevailed BUT Ottawa did NOT deserve the point, and the Bruins did NOT deserve that corrupt so called "officiating." I can only imagine what Torts would've said during and after the game.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I thought the refs against Carolina were bad, but at least our poor play dictated that game and the L. Glad the officials didn't cost us this one.

After the 2nd, I figured Sutherland or a french ref was on the crew but nope. Two guys I've never heard of.

I'm fine being down 6 penalties against 1 if this team was playing reckless, undisciplined hockey. Not saying we took 0 worthy penalties, but a lot of them were soft and weak as shit.

Glad we won. Marchy is clutch yet again!

So we can go there now?

Reactions: Number6

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Agree - I’ve been watching Bruins since the late 60’s and this 2023-24 team is about the cleanest team- like a Lady Bynge group. I wish they had a few bad asses and I could I understand the calls but most are phantom or ticky tack

You got to wonder with gambling so prominent in sports if tonight one of these or both didn’t have money on the game
And they don’t dive. Pasta tried it once and was laughably bad at it. Diving can make the refs look bad on any night. It’s showing them up. The refs earned it tonight…

But you would figure just as human beings they would earn the benefit of the doubt, just the opposite. Instead of a general since of respect, they are routinely cleared disrespected.

Name a Bruins game where the refs went off on the other team and gave the Bruins a tun of powerplays? It doesn’t happen. It’s feels spiteful. Really. Doesn’t seem to add up.

Last edited:

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I thought the refs against Carolina were bad, but at least our poor play dictated that game and the L. Glad the officials didn't cost us this one.

After the 2nd, I figured Sutherland or a french ref was on the crew but nope. Two guys I've never heard of.

I'm fine being down 6 penalties against 1 if this team was playing reckless, undisciplined hockey. Not saying we took 0 worthy penalties, but a lot of them were soft and weak as shit.

Glad we won. Marchy is clutch yet again!
6 against one? Did the Bruins even get ONE PP? I'm asking because I don't know.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
These refs, Bettman and his cronies who think that "parity" and supporting losers by making the playing field (ice) uneven by handicapping using the refs to change the outcome is bogus. If this were back in the "Black Sox" days there'd have been Congressional investigations. So much corruption in the NHL now is going to kill the game. It's not how good you are but winning and cheating sanctioned by the league sets a bad example for society and future generations who will grow up thinking that winning even when you don't deserve it is fine. My grandkids all play hockey, and soccer. I see it also in their games, home refs who are chatting it up with the home teams parents and coaches and then doling out what we saw here tonight. I just feel it's dispicable.

And we can go here now, too?

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Sure we can tell the Bs to stay out of the box...But how do they do that when they aren't doing anything wrong?

IMO ...this game was one of the worst for the stripes. You do have to wonder if they have $$ on the game.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
I've heard of home field(ice) advantage, but what was on display tonight took it to another level.
Investigation, please.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
He is amazing. Bs and fans are SO lucky. Marchy often puts the team on his back.

He is.

It's taken awhile, with much to learn, but, indisputably, Brad Marchand is the captain of the Boston Bruins.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

1706239911594.png

Sleep tight,

🌜🛌 💤

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
To me it is really on the stripes. They were pathetic tonight, but the hockey gods (and Brad) made things right.
This will never be right. Getting the second point by having to play 1000% cleaner than the other team, getting fouled with no PP's etc. No, it isn't right at all. IF the 2 refs are fired and others follow, that would be right. But, obviously there are no ramifications for a terrible job these days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad