Post-Game Talk: Cli(e)nched

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
He was born here. Probably got bullied a lot for being a moron.
Someone that raised me grew up in the same neighbourhood as Hrudey in elmwood, and same high school (different grad years)
He said Hrudey whined without stopping during street hockey and other neighbourhood sports.
I’ll have to ask them if Hrudey hated the WHA Oilers when they were young.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Skinner had an .882. He's the absolute last reason why we won.

I was at the game and the Canucks fans were fun and not the least bit threatening. Heard a lot of Nucks fans say "go win it for Canada," and I was wearing an Oil jersey.
Everyone knows I am not a Skinner fan but the .882 save percentage stat is very misleading for tonight. They only had 17 shots on goal, 16 saves would have been a .941. Both goals I can’t fault him on.

He made some good saves and didn’t give up a lot of rebounds. Their guy saved the Canucks from this being a blowout.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
I’m admittedly having a hard time looking past that play. Sure overall he’s been decent. But that could have been a series ending play. You just don’t do that

Hopefully he learns. Going to take a lot for him to come back into my good books. Some points would help….
Fresh slate next series. Boys will pick him up and be better for it.

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada

giphy.gif

HOLY f***!

Ya but how many without Connor or Leon on the ice.....am I doing it right???

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Skinner had an .882. He's the absolute last reason why we won.

I was at the game and the Canucks fans were fun and not the least bit threatening. Heard a lot of Nucks fans say "go win it for Canada" after the game, and I was wearing an Oil jersey.
Came up huge when we needed him. GOOD ENOUGH.
Everyone knows I am not a Skinner fan but the .882 save percentage stat is very misleading for tonight. They only had 17 shots on goal, 16 saves would have been a .941. Both goals I can’t fault him on.

He made some good saves and didn’t give up a lot of rebounds. Their guy saved the Canucks from this being a blowout.
Lots of Stu’s numbers are reduced by goals you can’t blame him for. Where’s this energy when the team defence fails him.

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
Nucks fan: Well done by the Oilers. For whatever reason, my team thinks playing in the third period is all that matters, Go on, bring the cup back to Canada. I'm not sure about the other Canucks fans but i'll be supporting the Oilers.

Sorry you have to be pumped in with some of the toxic fans. Canucks had a great season and fans should be proud.

yukoner88

Dec 16, 2009
Dawson City, YT
The Oilers vastly outplayed the Canucks, but I hope Skinner's flimsy play and his .882 is enough to earn Picard the next game.

Skinner has been excellent for his last two starts

The net is his until he needs a quick break.

@Ginger Papa

Don't know where you are in the world. Hope you make an appearance and join us for the rest of the ride.

MessierThanThou

Dec 10, 2010
Oil Country

Pickard never played himself out of the job. He should be starting against Dallas, not Skinner.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton

@Ginger Papa

Don't know where you are in the world. Hope you make an appearance and join us for the rest of the ride.

Oilers have been excellent defensively instead of Stu. Stuart Skinner himself has been average but that’s all we need as long as we keep playing like this in front of him defensively.

As long as he doesn’t lose us games outright that’s all we can ask for. He will never steal us one which is a shame.

Reactions: McDoused

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Pickard never played himself out of the job. He should be starting against Dallas, not Skinner.
Meh. Whatever Knob does is the smart move. That’s what we should get behind.

I think Picard was fine in his games but it’s not like he was all world. Lots of goals he let in, many would blame Skinner for is the roles we’re reversed.

Game 5 Picard lets in straight in point shot labeled top corner.

Game 6 Skinner saves straight in point shot labeled top corner.

Game 5 Picards busy legs let’s in a 5 hole squeaker.

Game 6/7 Skinner stops plenty of attempts at sliding through his 5 hole.

They both played good enough. And Skinner probably got more team D support on games 6/7. But it’s not a slam dunk to just give the net to Pickard. It’s a tough choice, leave that choice up to knob who knows better than you or I.

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
Silovs finished the playoffs with a .898 and a worse GAA than Skinner but everyone would agree that he played great. Canucks just got shelled these playoffs.
Canucks were under siege all series except 1 game. You remove that first game where he was awful and he's been the best goalie of the playoffs for me.

Look at some of the highway robbery he committed tonight. His stop on kulak. His stop on drai just amazing stuff skinner isn't capable of.

Im not saying trade for him or something but Vancouver can churn out good goalies like an assembly line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad