Setting up a cookie cutter answer.

"How big we're winning face offs?"
Cookie cutter answer

"Was part of the game plan to take a lot of shots?"
No ****

"Tell me about the shot"
It went in

Good win! Looked good the past week :)

There's no way his questions were that short....

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Wonder if anyone picked him up for a fantasy team? Doubt it.

I play in a very deep league. 16 Teams NHL Roster size plus one extra bench. Was in 1st place before my goalies started to let me down. My skaters are pretty good. Thought about adding Burmistrov. His Hits and FW's would come in handy but I'm not sure his performances are sustainable...also don't know who to drop as it's a keeper league....

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
I play in a very deep league. 16 Teams NHL Roster size plus one extra bench. Was in 1st place before my goalies started to let me down. My skaters are pretty good. Thought about adding Burmistrov. His Hits and FW's would come in handy but I'm not sure his performances are sustainable...also don't know who to drop as it's a keeper league....

I feel your pain on the goalie front. Bishop has been mediocre at best. In a keeper league it's understandable not picking up Burmistov.

Lawson of Anarchy

I'm kind of embarrassed
Oct 9, 2016
London
Wish I was there to see it, too...

I predict our first B2B win as AZvianj alluded to.
Score is 3-2 against a poor defensive Panther team (aside from Yandle).
Crouse notches a goal against his former team
Holland gets an assist and another crap penalty.
Vrby with a goal
Perls with a goal

Holland DID sit for the too many men on the ice...

Ryan White impressed me on the interview.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
I feel your pain on the goalie front. Bishop has been mediocre at best. In a keeper league it's understandable not picking up Burmistov.

I have Vasilevskiy, Mrazek and now added Berube. Mrazek had a solid start but his numbers dropped dramatically after the Howard injury. Same can be said about Vasilevksiy. He was hot to start the season but when Bishop went down, he started to struggle. Two great assets going forward but difficult to maintain 1st place with those two:laugh:
Problem with Burmistrov is that he's C/LW. If he was C/RW I probably would be risking something. But I already have 5 Centers (Johansen, Hanzal, Couturier, Faksa, Dowd) and 5 LW's (Schwartz, Filppula, Z.Smith, Dvorak, Haula). The only one I would drop is Haula but he's scoring right now and also wins lots of faceoffs. For me to add Burmistrov, I need to see a few more games like the one today...especially in terms of faceoffs.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Fish scores assisted by Chicken.

I'm hungry.

Used to be my favorite combo at Long John Silver.... :thumbu:

two_fish_and_three_chicken_platter.png

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Used to be my favorite combo at Long John Silver.... :thumbu:

two_fish_and_three_chicken_platter

Yeah, I had an LJS a mile south of my office at Warner/Arizona that closed after about 15 years of it being there. Probably saved my life.

Muppet mentioning "greasy heaven", which would be a great name for a chip shop.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Fischer becomes the 1st player in Coyotes history to score a goal in their 1st 2 career NHL games.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I caught some of the second and all of the third/OT, the team looked pretty good. Also this game answered the age old question, chicken or fish? Both!

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Well, I did get a bit drowsy in the first and worked on something else for the first half of the second, but an overall okay game. The third was pretty decent and the OT was nice, simply in the fact that Rieder scored early.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
my two cents on the game.

Fischer goes to the net, and doesn't look out of place, quite remarkable for a big body forward that is 19yrs old.

Dvorak line created lots of chances but didn't get on the scoreboard, but it appears he's been rewarded for his stellar play of late with high TOI.

Crouse really needed another year in juniors to work on his scoring ability, but he's up to stay so I'm hoping he can progress from a bottom 6 guy.

OEL isn't as dynamic offensively with Schenn as his partner, he lingers back a lot more, DeAngelo needs to be back up, I know we're waiting to trade Stone, but DeAngelo is better than both Murphy & Stone.

Burmistrov looks good, guy does drive plays, gotta get him off the point on the PP, put him on the half wall where he can use his speed and shiftyness

And for the love of all that is holy, can we waive Holland. Complete waste...he and Jooris have shown nothing.

Murphy did have a good play last night covering up Smith's mistake on playing the puck late behind the net.

We created opportunities offensively, not sure whether because we're getting better or Florida was terrible like Tampa was. Either way, I enjoyed the win.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Pretty simple deal last night - we had vastly improved puck support, from there execution happens.

Thought on Yandle: While he's still obviously got golden vision that surpasses most on the ice, he seems like he's just going through the motions, to an extent. I feel like it's (mostly) been that way since he left. Is he truly a Coyote at heart? :dunno:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
Chychrun continues to impress me. With every game I'm more and more amazed that he fell to us in the Draft (okay, he fell to a point where we could trade for him, but still).

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
Pretty simple deal last night - we had vastly improved puck support, from there execution happens.

Thought on Yandle: While he's still obviously got golden vision that surpasses most on the ice, he seems like he's just going through the motions, to an extent. I feel like it's (mostly) been that way since he left. Is he truly a Coyote at heart? :dunno:

Agreed - far better support and creating a lot of turnovers for the Panthers.

The youth is starting to come on a little bit here. Burmistrov looks like a solid pickup. The other youngsters are playing with good confidence. just takes some time. If the youth were playing this way from the beginning of the year, then they would be forcing their way into bigger minutes and roles. There is a learning curve for everyone, no matter how much we want them to play in all scenarios from the start.

For Yandle, the "going through the motions" idea is nothing new. May appear that he has a soft spot for Arizona, but truthfully, now that he is in a different jersey and you see him play against your team, he still has great vision and some other decent intangibles, but you always feel like he could have done more in the game. Same as it was 3-5 years ago.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad