Post-Game Talk: GAME #47 - Canucks 5, Panthers 1 | See you when we see you, Bobby Lu

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
What a garbage team and a garbage coach. Why the hell is Haley on with 12 seconds left? Good lord.

Was closer than it should have been, and that was all because of Luongo, who’s an island by himself on that team when it comes to class.

Nice to see Eriksson have his rare good game.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
For whatever it's worth, Canucks move to a tie with the Wild for the final wild card spot (Minny with 3 games in hand), playoff chances up to 26.7%

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
How nice for Florida to finally want to engage with the Canucks with 10 seconds left and Roussel off the ice

So when Haley throws 'em down what's Guddy supposed to do? Walk away? Imagine the abuse he would get here if he did that! Like I say he can't win with this crowd...

No? You're the one who suggested the alternative was hunting down Matheson to "Bertuzzi" him. The Gudbranson/Haley fight was a meaningless staged fight. That's fine, I don't mind them that much, but if that was supposed to be a response to the Matheson/Pettersson incident it's pathetic.

In regards to the fight itself, our $4m 6'5 tough guy who can't play hockey drew or outright lost against their $825k 5'11 tough guy who can't play hockey. Also pathetic. I didn't expect Valabik to back down from Rypien, but I sure wouldn't be giving him a pat on the back for taking him on and losing either.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
If you were Pettersson wouldn’t you rather come back from an injury to a team that’s in a playoff spot playing meaningful games or a team that has a bigger uphill climb up the standings because they decided to stop playing hockey and become cage fighters?

The best revenge for the Mathewson hit from Pettersson’s point of view has to be getting the two points. Who would’ve thought it would be Loui Ericsson exacting revenge on Mathewson for Petey? Love it.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
For whatever it's worth, Canucks move to a tie with the Wild for the final wild card spot (Minny with 3 games in hand), playoff chances up to 26.7%
EDM,DET,BUF,CAR games all coming up at home..most with 2 days off between each game..team is getting healthy again (which is rare in January for the Canucks)...stay tuned.

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
How nice for Florida to finally want to engage with the Canucks with 10 seconds left and Roussel off the ice

No? You're the one who suggested the alternative was hunting down Matheson to "Bertuzzi" him. The Gudbranson/Haley fight was a meaningless staged fight. That's fine, I don't mind them that much, but if that was supposed to be a response to the Matheson/Pettersson incident it's pathetic.

In regards to the fight itself, our $4m 6'5 tough guy who can't play hockey drew or outright lost against their $825k 5'11 tough guy who can't play hockey. Also pathetic. I didn't expect Valabik to back down from Rypien, but I sure wouldn't be giving him a pat on the back for taking him on and losing either.

So I'll ask again; when Haley wants to fight should Guddy simply skate away?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad