Post-Game Talk: GAME #47 - Canucks 5, Panthers 1 | See you when we see you, Bobby Lu

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Remember when people were saying Goldie made bear cheese expendable ? Bear cheese is 10 times the player.
In all fairness...Sven wasn't much to write home about when we first acquired him...Willie would play him 5 minutes in the 1st period and bench him, but you could clearly see Sven getting more confidence..and still Willie wouldn't play him (I remember he would finish a shift and Willie would be scolding Sven,pointing furiously at his clipboard)..Then injuries hit, and Willie had to play Sven,and he's never looked back.

Goldy had been given every opportunity by Green...I find it hard to believe that some posters here seem to think that Green is ruining Goldys progress.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
In all fairness...Sven wasn't much to write home about when we first acquired him...Willie would play him 5 minutes in the 1st period and bench him, but you could clearly see Sven getting more confidence..and still Willie wouldn't play him (I remember he would finish a shift and Willie would be scolding Sven,pointing furiously at his clipboard)..Then injuries hit, and Willie had to play Sven,and he's never looked back.

Goldy had been given every opportunity by Green...I find it hard to believe that some posters here seem to think that Green is ruining Goldys progress.
Goldie is digging his own grave.

Green has spoken about seeing and evaluating “players they can win with , win cups with “ Goldie is not one of those guys.

It was a good acquisition , it’s not gonna work out. Move on

member 290103

Goldie is digging his own grave.

Green has spoken about seeing and evaluating “players they can win with , win cups with “ Goldie is not one of those guys.

It was a good acquisition , it’s not gonna work out. Move on

Totally agree. I'd like to see Granlund and Goldobin axed. Take what you can get and move on.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Green has spoken about seeing and evaluating “players they can win with , win cups with “
Then Green and Benning see the roster
jim-benning-face.jpg

Reactions: ErrantShepherd

Var

Nov 10, 2007
I agree with Green, good game. Still chasing the puck some, but good hustle was the winning ingredient tonight. Good measured pushback.

Motte was huge. If he scores on that takeaway, boy is that a goal. Boeser was good (but unlucky), Roussel was good, Gudbranson was good.

Pouliot had another rough game. I know we talk about him a lot on here, but I'd really like to see if we could find another option. Lot of fumbles with the puck.

Apart from the penalty, I didn't see much about Goldy's game that was bad.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
I agree with Green, good game. Still chasing the puck some, but good hustle was the winning ingredient tonight. Good measured pushback.

Motte was huge. If he scores on that takeaway, boy is that a goal. Boeser was good (but unlucky), Roussel was good, Gudbranson was good.

Pouliot had another rough game. I know we talk about him a lot on here, but I'd really like to see if we could find another option. Lot of fumbles with the puck.

Apart from the penalty, I didn't see much about Goldy's game that was bad.
I checked all the other media, all giving a thumbs up...It only seems here that posters seem upset.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Your right it wasn’t a draw. Gudbrandson got the edge
It was a close fight. Gudbranson wins if you're using the scoring criteria of amateur boxing; Haley might have eked it out using professional boxing scoring criteria. Both combatants did some good work in the fight.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
I can trace back Goldobin's problems to that one game where he looked like a beast out there and everyone was excited, including the media which prompted (I think Patterson) to ask Travis Green what he thought of Goldy in his post-game interview to which Travis Green responded with, "I didn't like Goldy tonight," which completely ****ed me up so I can only imagine how Goldy felt. He had a strong start to the season on EP's line and no he wasn't perfect but was still coming along nicely I felt. I sure the **** do hope that TG has been fair with Goldy because from my POV it seems like he hasn't been and it throws up a red flag about whether Greener is the right coach to develop prospects with, but I'll admit I have a lot less information compared to Greener who sees him in practice every day.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
I think Goldobin and Granlund are projects Green is working on. He got good results with Hutton. He might wring something out of these guys. That said, I think the trade deadline will yield some changes. The point I think, is to arrive hot for the playoffs. Will either player remain? I bet they both play out the season.

Canucks are still a little soft. This, for me, is a fatal flaw. If they can add grit, they should! Even if they have to waive somebody like Granlund or Goldobin, they should do it.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
I think Goldobin and Granlund are projects Green is working on. He got good results with Hutton. He might wring something out of these guys. That said, I think the trade deadline will yield some changes. The point I think, is to arrive hot for the playoffs. Will either player remain? I bet they both play out the season.

Canucks are still a little soft. This, for me, is a fatal flaw. If they can add grit, they should! Even if they have to waive somebody like Granlund or Goldobin, they should do it.

You can never have too much toughness. I'd trade Goldobin and Granlund + for Miles Wood in an instant.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
What happened to Brocks shot, hitting dead centre and missing a one timer for an easy goal? If his goal was to knock Luongo senseless then maybe it worked.Thought he worked hard in this one but needed some precision.
Horvat was pretty solid but is still fighting the puck a little in the last few weeks
Baertschi's skating was sluggish and was pushed out of the play too easily. Does ooze creativity which is nice with Horvat but this line and the PP was pretty mediocre

Sutter Virtanen and Roussel were excellent. 17 shot attempts and 9 hits and disruptive on the forecheck all night. If any line deserved some of that empty net stat pack it was these guys

Granlund Goldobin Leivo. Granlund was passable in this one. Goldobin just keeps finding a way to piss off Green....penalty was just so lazy and dumb. Leivo i really like so far. Has a decent grit component and his shot and hands are really good

Beagle Eriksson Motte did an excellent job playing with the lead. All did their jobs really well and i really liked Beagles push back.

Edler Tanev as per usual are playing solid

Hutton looked like a new man away from Guddy although it took him a little while to start moving the puck quicker...some of his bad habits from past years re appear from time to time. Nice goal
Stecher was really good. A couple nice physical plays along the walls and a really smart play to set up Hutton for his rebound goal. Big improvement in our top4 just like that.

Gudbranson in a 3rd pairing role is so much more palatable especially if he's gonna play with an edge. Pouliot was actually throwing some nice darts in transition today. Florida isn't much of an offensive engine so these 2 werent getting punished as they will against teams with depth and last change

Markstrom was excellent

Couple of comments Sting101:

- FLA is actually one of the better offensive teams in the league. They have a 3.09 GF/GP average which ranks them 11th overall.

- Pouliot and Gudbranson pairing not getting lit up is more a function of luck than anything. If they stay together, I think the underlying numbers for both get worse than they are now.

- Hutton looked great away from Gudbranson. Only took Green half a season to figure this out.

- Stecher is top4 on this team. Hope he stays with Hutton.

- Granlund was overplayed, as per usual with Green and Goldbobin was given the whip, as per usual with Green. Green has to reset his own mind when looking at these two players.

- Horvat looks gassed.

ginner classic

Dammit Jim!
Mar 4, 2002
Douglas Park
Remember when people were saying Goldie made bear cheese expendable ? Bear cheese is 10 times the player.

In Baertschi's first 20 games, I was pretty convinced he was one of the worst players I had ever seen. Zero hockey sense and zero compete. People keep forgetting how many growing pains the team was willing to put up with. Why is Goldobin treated so differently? Was WD really a better coach for young players?

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
In Baertschi's first 20 games, I was pretty convinced he was one of the worst players I had ever seen. Zero hockey sense and zero compete. People keep forgetting how many growing pains the team was willing to put up with. Why is Goldobin treated so differently? Was WD really a better coach for young players?
Although very similar..they are not the same..Baertschi is one of the better natural passers/playmakers on the team (EP is the best)...Goldy is more of an explosive , to the net,dangles type player

Sven has had to learn to get more battle into his game and fight for pucks..and it hasn't come easily for him (healthy scratches),but when he's on..he's a treat to watch...

Goldy has the skillset, but no battle to dig out pucks...He has 'passively' put up points on a line with EP,but fails to click on any other line...and is a liability defensively...We're all rooting for the guy, but right now..its all show,,and no go.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006

Did Goldobin ever play for Green prior to coming here? I think you have part of your answer.

BROCK HUGHES

Jun 3, 2006
Victoria bc/red deer alberta
They are both to prima-donna ish
I'd like to move both of them..Bear cheese is often injured and a hit away from being out permitly. Watched the game tonight..think I heard Baertschis name 1 time..totally forgot he was in the line up..package the 2 of them and get upgrades..

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Granlund the EN assassin.

As much as I dislike Granlund, Lu was in goal for Granlund's goal this time around.

I'd say he is more like king of the garbage time goals? Like when is the last time Granlund scored when it wasn't an EN or when the game winner was already scored?

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
This team is the quintessential glass half full / glass half empty squad depending upon the viewer's mood at the moment. What we really need is to get rid of some of that empty and replace it with full.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
So why be furious about the fight if it accomplished nothing? Who cares. It did no harm to the team. People here are just using it as ammo in their Gudbrandson witch hunt
I enjoyed the fight. Crowd loved it!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad