Post-Game Talk: GAME #47 - Canucks 5, Panthers 1 | See you when we see you, Bobby Lu

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
I know, there's a lot of anger directed at Mike Matheson. But keep it civil, please. This is a family-friendly website. Wishing injury upon anyone is against the Site Rules.

xBVW9o7.jpg

Last edited:

Blade Paradigm

Oct 21, 2017
Today is a few days away from the 20th anniversary of the trade.

Speed? Check.

Shot? Check.

Passing? Check.

Last edited:
Reactions: EastEnderVan

VintageBure

Jun 7, 2018
Stop playing Granlund and Gudbranson over Biega and Gaudette.

****ing please
Completely agree, I have no idea why Gudbranson starts over Biega :/..... Probably that 4 million dollar contract were stuck with for the next 3 years... sigh.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
Annoys the f*** out of me that Gudbranson is in over Biega but guys look, Hutton is finally back with Stecher. I cant wait to see the chaos that is the Pouliot-Gudbranson pairing.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
I'd rather see Poolio sitting than Guddy, but that's just me... and I'd rather see both in the press box.

3-2 Canucks in OT

Virtanen
Motte
Baertschi (OT winner)

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Like many of you, blows my mind that Biega continues to be in the press box over others - namely Pouliot. But oh well.

Also wish we’d give Gaudette another game as he was one of our better players (late turnover notwithstanding) against Arizona. Granlund would be a prime candidate to sit, but won’t happen.

Just score some goals - win or lose.

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Like many of you, blows my mind that Biega continues to be in the press box over others - namely Pouliot. But oh well.

Also wish we’d give Gaudette another game as he was one of our better players (late turnover notwithstanding) against Arizona. Granlund would be a prime candidate to sit, but won’t happen.

Just score some goals - win or lose.

The only reason I can think that Gaudette isn't playing center in this game is they have to send him back to Utica for the easiest roster shuffling with Leivo back in.

Otherwise they do have to actually try to move a guy or put them on waivers, and they seem scared to lose a guy for nothing... when honestly that would probably be for the best. :whatever:

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
One thing that I don’t understand, so many fans on here express frustration when a veteran with little upside such as Roussel is dressed over a younger player with potential upside such as Gaunce. Yet, when this trend goes the other way and Pouliot is dressed over Biega the same frustration is expressed. I don’t get the double standard.

I’m not a Pouliot fan whatsoever, but I can understand the concept of force feeding him minutes in pointless games. Unless we assume that he has no more to give as a 24 year old defenseman, yet a 24 year old winger in Gaunce still has untapped potential?

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
One thing that I don’t understand, so many fans on here express frustration when a veteran with little upside such as Roussel is dressed over a younger player with potential upside such as Gaunce. Yet, when this trend goes the other way and Pouliot is dressed over Biega the same frustration is expressed. I don’t get the double standard.

I’m not a Pouliot fan whatsoever, but I can understand the concept of force feeding him minutes in pointless games. Unless we assume that he has no more to give as a 24 year old defenseman, yet a 24 year old winger in Gaunce still has untapped potential?

Gaunce is able to competently play his role, while presenting the possibility of growing into more. Pouliot isn’t and doesn’t.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

Look at the number of games each player has dressed for the Canucks for this season & last season for a start.

Fire Benning

diaper filled piss baby
Oct 2, 2016
Hell
Damn the Panthers really tanked this season, I was hoping they'd be able to make a push for a top 3 spot in the Atlantic.

Kassattack

Low expectations
Sep 13, 2014
Victoria
I wonder if the "tough" guys on the roster actually have the balls to go after Matheson.

Show us you actually care about your star player.

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
I wonder if the "tough" guys on the roster actually have the balls to go after Matheson.

Show us you actually care about your star player.

I think a better message would be Horvat dropping the mits with Matheson. Bo can handle himself and Matheson is more likely to accept a challenge from Horvat over someone like Gudbandson. Also it sends a long term message that one of the young leaders and core pieces of the team is willing to stick up for the franchise player. If Horvat takes in Matheson it sends a message to the rest of the team that everyone needs to have each other’s backs not just the “tough guys”

I don’t think Horvat needs to do this but I believe it would go along way to changing this teams culture and would help to cement himself as our future captain

Nov 1, 2011
This game is HUGE!!!

If Gud looks real Gud we may be able to get a 1st for him from Tallon.

Play him with Tanev!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->