GDT: Game 47: Avs @ Sens | 5 PM MT | January 16, 2019 | Ottawa Rising

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I'll be at a work event so I'll likely miss the entirety of this one. And that's just as well, this'll be one of those where I'd just be okay with them winning and utterly pissed if they don't. This is a very winnable game for Colorado but I could see them doing just enough to lose, especially if Barberio is anywhere near as flat-footed as he was in his previous two games.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Was just thinking.... it's quite annoying that we are 1-3-0 on this road trip. We seriously have played well enough to be 4-0-0 so far.

Hopefully that win against the Leafs was a monkey off our back and we start winning these games we are meant to win.
Agreed, we've been trending in the right direction for a while now. Calgary and Winnipeg are great teams, if we play against Ottawa the way we played against them then this should be an 8-1 domination.

Reactions: hooverdam

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Was just thinking.... it's quite annoying that we are 1-3-0 on this road trip. We seriously have played well enough to be 4-0-0 so far.

Hopefully that win against the Leafs was a monkey off our back and we start winning these games we are meant to win.
We would be in an almost guaranteed playoff spot with okay goaltending, Grubauer and Varlamov have been so damn bad for a while now. Francouz should have started at least one game, probably would have outplayed Grubauer imo, its not like the bar has been set that high.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Eh. We didn't deserve that Habs game but we did deserve wins over Calgary and the Jets. If we had mediocre goaltending in both we would have won.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
We would be in an almost guaranteed playoff spot with okay goaltending, Grubauer and Varlamov have been so damn bad for a while now. Francouz should have started at least one game, probably would have outplayed Grubauer imo, its not like the bar has been set that high.

Reading stuff on the Avs lately, very few have figured out that goal-tending has been a big issue. It is just weird, although maybe it shouldn't be, and it is just another example of how little the Avs are actually watched by some in the media. Which is funny because there are a lot of "top line is worth the price of admission" type of comments lately.

Definitely seen some comments on our goal-tending letting us down, but comments about team wide issues are still prominent even though we also haven't slipped as low as I thought we'd be in power rankings.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Reading stuff on the Avs lately, very few have figured out that goal-tending has been a big issue. It is just weird, although maybe it shouldn't be, and it is just another example of how little the Avs are actually watched by some in the media. Which is funny because there are a lot of "top line is worth the price of admission" type of comments lately.

Definitely seen some comments on our goal-tending letting us down, but comments about team wide issues are still prominent even though we also haven't slipped as low as I thought we'd be in power rankings.
Not surprised, I mean there are people voting for NHL awards who are most definitely not watching that many west coast games per season.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

Most people commenting on the Avs, at least on HF, always seem to claim "well the Avs need serious help on D" and don't even make mention of the heinous goaltending we've received this season

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Not surprised, I mean there are people voting for NHL awards who are most definitely not watching that many west coast games per season.
I must say when I was in Toronto for a few weeks it was damn hard staying up to watch games knowing that I had to wake up at 6 the next day. I guess when its your job to watch hockey and report you should stay up. I have mad respect for our international posters on here who watch games live.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Most people commenting on the Avs, at least on HF, always seem to claim "well the Avs need serious help on D" and don't even make mention of the heinous goaltending we've received this season
Its just pure laziness really. Kinda like when that fatso Dean Millard said the Avs were to cheap to spend money on ROR when at the time we were right up to the cap. People in Edmonton to this day still believe that is the reason why we traded ROR because of cheapness. Little shit like that. Most people on here and even scarier the people whose job it is to report just piggy back off the last thing someone else has said. Its easier that way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad