GDT: Game 47: Avs @ Sens | 5 PM MT | January 16, 2019 | Ottawa Rising

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I like the top 6 better, but man that has to be the smallest bottom 6 in NHL history.

It's crazy how small we are. People tend to forget it but look at our bottom 6 and then add Compher to that lot, that's how many undersized forwards we have. Teams usually can get away with it early in the season but the closer to the playoffs, the harder it becomes for small guys.

Reactions: SuperJoe

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Maybe Jared figured it was rust(It wasn't Bareberio sucks). If Barberio has another terrible showing perhaps then Jared scratches him.

He sucked against the Leafs but in general I don't think he's terrible. He makes his share of mistakes but he's usually not this bad with the puck. Wasn't this latest injury rumoured to be an issue with his hand? Maybe that's still bothering him.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
Wish they'd switch Dries and Kerfoot. Also, why Barberio is still in the lineup after the past two games is beyond me. Dude is good for 2-3 goals against while he's on the ice every game. Much rather have Gravy in there.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Glad to see Soda as the 2C again tonight. He certainly deserves it. Obviously we can't expect him to keep producing like the last game but I think it is very important the 2nd line helps with the production tonight or at the very least be a very dangerous line. If not it is very possible that Bednar will quickly revert to his favorite 3rd. I have been in Bednar's camp for a long time now but not giving a long look to Soda as the 2C is something I don't like from him. If they are having trouble early I would like him to try Kerfoot - Soda - Compher before going back to his beloved 3rd line. Nieto - Wilson - Calvert can make up the 3rd line.

I also would like him to go back to Wilson on the 1st PP unit and Compher back to the 2nd unit. For what the guy does in that spot Wilson is good enough. Compher is much much more useful on the 2nd unit. They miss him on that unit.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Barberio in the top 6 gives them the most mobile D they can ice. He’s not perfect but he’s the #6 so it’s not going to make a huge difference.

And it might surprise people but if you look at the numbers over the last year or so, he’s a pretty efffective PK guy.

kl35ha

Oct 19, 2017
I hope Bednar give Greer a real chance soon, seriously has to be a lot better than 3 or 4 of the dead weight we are carrying right now.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Watch if you want.

You have zero power over them winning or losing.
giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad