GDT: Game 47: Avs @ Sens | 5 PM MT | January 16, 2019 | Ottawa Rising

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Eh. We didn't deserve that Habs game but we did deserve wins over Calgary and the Jets. If we had mediocre goaltending in both we would have won.

I dunno. We didn't really deserve to win it, but we also didn't deserve to lose it I didn't think. It was a 0-0 game halfway through the 3rd and generally a solid defensive game from us. Then Varly went and let in an absolute stinker of a shorthanded goal and kid of took away any momentum we had and swung it entirely in Montreals favor.

We should definitely be 3-1-0 though. Hopefully this good hockey keeps up because if we continue doubling up our opponents in shots on a regular basis while dominating possession we are going to go on a long win streak soon enough to counter all these losses that have piled up.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Its just pure laziness really. Kinda like when that fatso Dean Millard said the Avs were to cheap to spend money on ROR when at the time we were right up to the cap. People in Edmonton to this day still believe that is the reason why we traded ROR because of cheapness. Little **** like that. Most people on here and even scarier the people whose job it is to report just piggy back off the last thing someone else has said. Its easier that way.

I forget who it was for sure (I think Custance), but litterally within the last few months I seen a comment about Colorado being a "budget team."

I wanted to punch my laptop screen. To see someone on the f***ing Athletic write that crap is just both hilarious and maddening.

The liquor should always be on deck for an Avs game.

I had to up my bourbon proof too, from 90 to 115 lol.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I forget who it was for sure (I think Custance), but litterally within the last few months I seen a comment about Colorado being a "budget team."

I wanted to punch my laptop screen. To see someone on the ****ing Athletic write that crap is just both hilarious and maddening.

I had to up my bourbon proof too, from 90 to 115 lol.
Avs had an internal cap for a while

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Avs had an internal cap for a while

Everyone who fell for that line, just stand up and say hi.

They didn't spend for a time because it made sense not too, as soon as it made sense they were back up to the cap. The owner (I can never remember how to spell that f***ers last name) directly addressed it more than once, so did Sakic. Because yes it was believed that they had a budget. Except no one could actually give you a good reason for them to use any of it. It was nothing more than a media tag line used to trash the team at the time.

Oh and just to add, once they started to spend again they were f***ing dumb with it lol. If I remember right we were a cap team during the 48 point disaster.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Kingslayer

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
I get this urge, but I'd really like the Avs to have Jost focus in on playing one position for a while. Let the kid settle in a role with low expectations and quick yanking him around.

Yeah, they have been jerking him around and it sucks. I think the root of the issue is that Bednar is 2.5 years into his contract and while the 1st year wasn't necessarily fair as a measuring stick, after last season the expectations are that we are going to keep taking steps forward.

So with him having 1.5 years left on his contract, he doesn't have a lot of time for 20 year old kids to 'figure stuff out' and so Jost is 'getting the shaft' whenever he makes any type of mistake in favor of veterans who are more limited but know 'what NOT to do' like Colin Wilson.

It sucks for the kid because his development is taking a hit and under normal circumstances he would be in the AHL where 90% of the rest of his draft class is right now.

It's curious because IF you're going to play him at LW anyways, why not bring up 22 year old Greer and see what he's got over a 5-10 game span?? Makes no sense to me at all. It's complete mismanagement of TWO players, imo.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
It's curious because IF you're going to play him at LW anyways, why not bring up 22 year old Greer and see what he's got over a 5-10 game span?? Makes no sense to me at all. It's complete mismanagement of TWO players, imo.

Mentally, I think sending Jost to the AHL would do more harm than good. I don't disagree with Greer getting a shot, I just don't see how sending Jost does him good. A catch 22 situation with him and I don't see a good way to handle it right now. It was screwed up when they signed him out of college... and all parties are paying the price now (thankfully Makar was smart enough to stay in college).

Reactions: The Kingslayer

AvsFanInMichigan

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
Apr 16, 2018
Michigan
Same for me, lol, and always way more goals than assists. He scored 37 goals and had 14 assists in my most recent season.
I don’t even use the Avs, I actually tried my hand at the Seattle expansion and I’ve done pretty good but I just figured I’d check the stats on the Avs and Jost is out there putting up 30-40 goals a season. Hopefully it’s a sign of what will happen in the future :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad