GDT: Game 45: Pens @ Avs; 10AM GST+8 Saturday (like 7pm Fri local); Which team shows up?

Final Score:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Lineups: Some dudes for each team, but not all of them for either. (will update as I find up to date info)

Colorado:​
LandeskogMacKinnonRantanen
NichushkinKadriBurakovsky
NeitoBellemareCalvert
KamenevJostCompher
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
GirardJohnson
ZadorovCole
GravesMakar
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Francouz

Pittsburgh:​
KahunMalkinRust
SimonMcCannHornqvist
Aston-ReeseBluegerTanev
GalchenyukAgozzinoLafferty
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
JohnsonLetang
PetterssonMarino
RiikolaRuhwedel
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Murray

Music:

Odds:.................Pittsburgh Penguins Colorado Avalanche
Money Line ................ +135 ............................ -161
Point Spread.................+1.5 ............................ -1.5
Total Points: ............ Over / Under: 6.5

(there are times I really hate the way this site formats posts)​

Last edited:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Friday night games are my favorite. Wish Sid was playing but we need all the help we can get right now so it’s probably for the better lol

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
MacK can mourn the absence of his idol in pregame

tenor.gif

then hopefully lay waste to to Pittspuke.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Let’s get at least 1 f***ing point this week.

The third periods of those regulation losses on Monday and Tuesday still sting.

TanguaySauce

Better Than BBQ
Jan 3, 2018
Shaolin Island
This feels like one of those games where we could pot 4 by the middle of the second and then try and hold on for dear life or get blown out by 4 and fold like a cheap suit.

kl35ha

Oct 19, 2017
We’re still like 20 days until February. I want a win but is January so meh...if Bednar keep rolling with Landy and Rant as MacK wingers and also have them on the same pp unit chance of winning are even worse.

#pp+pk

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Because our analytics are still very good. On paper we're still a very strong team, especially at 5 on 5 where things matter the most.

We've got some minor effort issues right now and perhaps a slightly more concerning goaltending issue with Gruby.

But other than that I'm not concerned in the least. The ship will right itself and we'll peel off 4-5 wins in a row again soon enough.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Because our analytics are still very good. On paper we're still a very strong team, especially at 5 on 5 where things matter the most.

We've got some minor effort issues right now and perhaps a slightly more concerning goaltending issue with Gruby.

But other than that I'm not concerned in the least. The ship will right itself and we'll peel off 4-5 wins in a row again soon enough.

If we lose another 5/6 straight than I think it could be get panicked, but at the moment were just in a funk. The ship should be righted here soon and we'll be back to normal I'm sure of it.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
If we lose another 5/6 straight than I think it could be get panicked, but at the moment were just in a funk. The ship should be righted here soon and we'll be back to normal I'm sure of it.

Yep. The upcoming All-Star break and bye week should do a lot to help rest guys as well.

Though I will say the playoff bubble has jumped up closer to us than I had realized. We're 4 points up on that bubble now but like 5 teams between us and 9th still.

We do need to turn things around soon but the analytical data over our last couple of weeks are still quite strong and our 5 on 5 numbers are good. I'm not concerned now but lose another 5 straight and things change.

Reactions: The Abusement Park

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I wonder when Bednar will abandon the new PP. It's so weird having Burakovski in the right one-timer position while Rantanen is in front of goal. Burakovski almost never shoots without handling the puck for a second.

Reactions: AvsGuy

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
I wonder when Bednar will abandon the new PP. It's so weird having Burakovski in the right one-timer position while Rantanen is in front of goal. Burakovski almost never shoots without handling the puck for a second.

It looks to me like he's trying to spread the wealth a little to try and give both PP units an opportunity to score.

He's been keeping Mack out for longer while rotating 2 different units around him.

But to me that's not the way to go about it. The best solution in to load up the Top PP unit, and use them for the full 2 minutes.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
If I were the Avs I'd go with the umbrella PP - Makar at the point, MacKinnon and Rantanen on the boards ready to rattle off one timers, and any combination of Landeskog/Kadri/Nichushkin in front to wreak havoc

There's no point having Rantanen in front of the net, and there's no point having two trigger men at the point if one of them is Girard

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
If I were the Avs I'd go with the umbrella PP - Makar at the point, MacKinnon and Rantanen on the boards ready to rattle off one timers, and any combination of Landeskog/Kadri/Nichushkin in front to wreak havoc

There's no point having Rantanen in front of the net, and there's no point having two trigger men at the point if one of them is Girard

Totally agree. I don’t know why they’ve gone to having Rantanen in front of the net.

Because he’s big? I don’t know.

It’s just kind of a waste, because they’re taking hit shot and seam passes away, which makes the PP, less potent.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Question: is it better for the Avs to go into the third leading or trailing? Both scenarios seem to be their kryptonite :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad