GDT: Game 45: Pens @ Avs; 10AM GST+8 Saturday (like 7pm Fri local); Which team shows up?

Final Score:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hoserthehorrible

Jul 15, 2003
Colorado
I don't hace access to the full article but is anyone even surprised he's blaming everyone but himself again? He sounds like such an unlikable guy. Why don't you shut the **** up and stop some pucks?

There's an article in the Denver Post today talking about Grub and his unhappiness with the team's defense and that he is facing too many shots and too many quality chances. I agree it's probably not something you want your teammate saying to the press.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I don't hace access to the full article but is anyone even surprised he's blaming everyone but himself again? He sounds like such an unlikable guy. Why don't you shut the **** up and stop some pucks?

Bring back Varlamov immediately

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
There's an article in the Denver Post today talking about Grub and his unhappiness with the team's defense and that he is facing too many shots and too many quality chances. I agree it's probably not something you want your teammate saying to the press.

I don't like the comments either, but woof hes right lol. Just wish he wasn't being a hypocrite at the same time..

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
32CB9EA7-45F2-4C18-815A-5C2A9460F36A.jpeg

Reactions: CobraAcesS

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK

giphy.gif

There's gotta be a halfway point. You can't allow 4 goals a game as a goaltender, and you also can't allow 40 shots a game as a defensive corps. We're getting shellacked by the Rangers, for gods sake

The difference to me being, Grubauer makes 3 or 4 legitimately great saves a game, usually because he has to, whereas we have a handful of guys on D who have no problem repeatedly tossing it out into their own slot like its a live hand grenade

You can't toss your teammates under the bus, but unlike a lot of our roster, Grubauer has brought the sugar when it matters. He's right to be frustrated

Reactions: wayninja

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
I wish Crosby was playing so we could guarantee a 4 point night from MacKinnon. Guy steps it up when playing against his senpai.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
giphy.gif

There's gotta be a halfway point. You can't allow 4 goals a game as a goaltender, and you also can't allow 40 shots a game as a defensive corps. We're getting shellacked by the Rangers, for gods sake

The difference to me being, Grubauer makes 3 or 4 legitimately great saves a game, usually because he has to, whereas we have a handful of guys on D who have no problem repeatedly tossing it out into their own slot like its a live hand grenade

You can't toss your teammates under the bus, but unlike a lot of our roster, Grubauer has brought the sugar when it matters. He's right to be frustrated
Shots were 32-29 in the Rangers game. That's pretty typical for an NHL game. Not to mention most of the goals were from the blueline. I can't remember allowing much shots from the slot.

mapletreemarty

Jan 26, 2017
Thunder Bay
I don't like the comments either, but woof hes right lol. Just wish he wasn't being a hypocrite at the same time..

Maybe he should take a look in the mirror....

The team ranks top 10 at 5 on 5 in:
expected Goals Against (10)
Scoring Chances Against (10)
High Danger Chances Against (6)
High Danger Save Percentage (10)

The big issue is and will continue to be special teams... at 5 on 5 we have 50 High Danger Goals For and 43 Against... when you factor in all situations that flips to 65 For and 69 against... our High Danger Save % drops from 10th to 19th in the league.

Edit: incorrect HDGA

Last edited:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Grubs did this same **** last year when he was tailspinning. It’s a bad look. There’s calling out your teammates in a productive manner like Jiggy did, and then there’s deflecting and finger pointing like Grubauer is doing

Well, one of those got called out by the coach, and one didn't.

Honestly I don't think it's a huge deal. I don't know if Groob is particularly close with any of his teammates and that's fine, they're not all going to be best friends. So long as there is a cohesive core in that room, and I think there is, there shouldn't be an issue. I'm willing to bet nearly every team has 1-2 bad apples, it's only in extreme cases (i.e., Hoffman) where it completely derails a team.

And I don't think Groob is a "bad apple," he just may be one of those varieties of apples that just isn't that great, but still edible, like "Washington Delicious." They can't all be Honeycrisps.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad