GDT: Game 44 | Detroit Red Wings @ Vancouver Canucks | 10:00 PM EST | FS-D

RedWinger10

Feb 11, 2013
Nah... sucky as it was...
we got a point vs Chicago, two vs Nashville, zero vs Calgary, and 1 vs Vancouver.

4 points in 4 road games isn't that bad. I figured we'd need 5 and hoped for 6.

Dallas has another tough game at LA tomorrow. Columbus has a tough game at SJ.

But if we lose to Phoenix? Then we're in a position where we're one of four teams in a free for all where only one team gets in...

Our odds really take a hit.

I want to see six points in the next 4 games.
Beating Nashville needs to be a given. And if you can't beat Phoenix and Dallas, well... you didn't deserve to get in, did you?

Amen brother. We need to puns the goalie like we did tonight and hit the net a little bit more on these big chances. OH and they need to quit jaggin' off on the PP!

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
im about to jump on the fire babcock bandwagon. zetterberg and brunner had no business being in the shootout. this team is done being a powerhouse. there is no intention of putting the best team on the ice. and zetterberg has failed miserably at living up to the captaincy.
How about clearly and Abby in 2-2 hockey.

silkyjohnson50

Jan 10, 2007
As disappointing as it is only getting 1 point, I thought the team played very good tonight. The compete and battle level were higher than it's been in a while, the defense played good hockey with and without the puck, and I thought all 3 players on the top line were very good. Filppula is playing so bad right now though. He took a step forward last season, but this season he's taken two steps back.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
Ken Holland on After Hours...I hope they grill em. I'm sure we will hear..."I like where we are at".

"We have a young team....if you make the playoffs, anything can happen....what a story Justin Abdelkader has been for us this year....we have had a lot of injuries...."

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
What's disturbing to me is that the decline of this team over the last few years is like watching a car wreck in slow-motion. It's like it was impossible to perceive at first, but the cracks appeared and the cracks slowly expanded bit by bit until there was a point when you couldn't cover them up anymore and you realized you were looking at a broken team. Put a tape of this team in 2009 on and then compare it vs. this season and you realize you're looking at an empty shell.

Meanwhile all you heard from management was "we like this team".

Point Shot

Keep It Realgud
Feb 12, 2013
We need an opposing goalie that doesn't play out of his ass for 3 periods of constant bombardment!!! This game was ours and we SCREWED THE POOCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Protip: It isn't that Schneider is a good goalie. It's that our team is awful.

Point Shot

Keep It Realgud
Feb 12, 2013
As disappointing as it is only getting 1 point, I thought the team played very good tonight. The compete and battle level were higher than it's been in a while, the defense played good hockey with and without the puck, and I thought all 3 players on the top line were very good. Filppula is playing so bad right now though. He took a step forward last season, but this season he's taken two steps back.

That you, Ken?

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006
Agreed

HTT3*

Brendan Smith decided to be BIG MAN with his heroic antics to give Canucks a free goal.

Good job, Brendan. Hope you sleep good tonight you piece of ****!

RedWingsNow*

What's disturbing to me is that the decline of this team over the last few years is like watching a car wreck in slow-motion. It's like it was impossible to perceive at first, but the cracks appeared and the cracks slowly expanded bit by bit until there was a point when you couldn't cover them up anymore and you realized you were looking at a broken team. Put a tape of this team in 2009 on and then compare it vs. this season and you realize you're looking at an empty shell.

Meanwhile all you heard from management was "we like this team".

And Holland just said "If Bertuzzi and Sammy are Healthy next year" we can have a bounce back year.

:facepalm

Datstromberg

Nov 12, 2007
why is babcock not changing anything. he's turning into dave lewis. the lineup is the same every game. the horrible power play has looked the same the entire season. moving cleary or abdelkader off of the top 6 seems to have never even crossed his mind. and we have a gm who is scared ****less of spending too much.

6.9 million for suter. 6.9. not even 7. not 7.1. six point ****ing nine. i mean, thank god we have that extra 8 or so million in cap space just sitting there.

RedWingsNow*

Brendan Smith decided to be BIG MAN with his heroic antics to give Canucks a free goal.

Good job, Brendan. Hope you sleep good tonight you piece of ****!

Wow.

Creepy post of the night.

GT500x

Im OK where we're at
Jun 15, 2008
My comfort zone
"the nucleus of our team... has a lot of hockey left in them"

How much is "a lot" Kenny? Some of these guys look like they're scraping for the last bit of peanut butter at the bottom of the jar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad