GDT: Game 44 | Detroit Red Wings @ Vancouver Canucks | 10:00 PM EST | FS-D

HTT3*

By the way DeKeyser flat out skated by Hansen twice tonight, not many D-man do that in this league.

Traditionally it seems Dmen have a down year in their sophomore year. I wonder if DD has a down year next year or if he continues to be steady? He seems like he has elite-ness to his game... it's like he sees the game differently unlike many players can.

Mort Divine

Jun 12, 2012
Fargo, ND
Part of the problem is Wings need to win now, so he should be benched. Play CC, White or Lashoff. Smith is a liability. I would give Holland the green light to package him up with some picks/prospects for a better player after the season is over

Smith is FAR less of a liability than Lashoff

and you'd be insane to trade him away - he's the most promising young dman we've got even if he isn't showing it this season

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Part of the problem is Wings need to win now, so he should be benched. Play CC, White or Lashoff. Smith is a liability. I would give Holland the green light to package him up with some picks/prospects for a better player after the season is over

Absolutely short sighted. Smith has tons of potential to develop into a top 4 defensemen, but as is the case with most young defenseman, is taking time to adjust and develop as a player. I'm certain he'll have a better showing next year with another season under his belt.

Last edited:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Traditionally it seems Dmen have a down year in their sophomore year. I wonder if DD has a down year next year or if he continues to be steady? He seems like he has elite-ness to his game... it's like he sees the game differently unlike many players can.

Kind of like a guy that scores 7 points in 14 games and for whatever reason doesn't have a great year the next year.... :amazed:

No you trade that guy right, potential or not.

HTT3*

Kind of like a guy that scores 7 points in 14 games and for whatever reason doesn't have a great year the next year.... :amazed:

No you trade that guy right, potential or not.

That's when Holland should have traded him.. while his value was at its highest. :laugh:

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
The Wings outshot the Canucks and the Flames 72 to 31 combined, but have only one point to show for it. Our PP went 0 for 8.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
the problem is 100% on the forwards

too soft

too little

too lazy

too one dimensional

too many of the same type of europeans(thats not an insult but a fact)

(mod)

we need some truclence(and i hate that word), some jam, some guys who compete and win the tough battles, who go to the net and go hard, who hit and rub out the goalie, who cause sh.. in front of the other teams net, who instigate, who change the feel of a game

holland has 6 months to make a real impact or he should be fired

Last edited by a moderator:

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Well just got back from the game. Thought the boys played well, we dominated and there only top chances were on the pp.. We just have no finish.. Some thing I saw from today
-dekeyser is gonna be one heck of a defenseman.
-franzen looks like he was giving it tonight.
-emmerton and Andersson are great for us on the kill.
-nyquist is a special player
-smith is awful
- and omg we need someone who can fricken score a damn goal..

Pretty much what I saw too.

If DeKeyser is this good and not just running high on emotion of playing in the NHL, he can be a legit top four guy next season. I wish I could say the same about Smith, but he's having a rough time currently. Hope he can finish better and get into the summer training with confidence.

GT500x

Im OK where we're at
Jun 15, 2008
My comfort zone

Holland said that he isn't going to sell the future. Smith isn't going anywhere. What you see is what you get.

"I like our team"

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Ben Kuzma ‏@benkuzma 8 h
Cory Schneider: "They're a challenging team. It seems everything they throw at the net is tipped or screened and it's never that simple

Ben Kuzma ‏@benkuzma 8 h
... They make it hard on you. We had to work extremely hard in front of our net because they got some big bodies in front and got to pucks."

Babs has managed to brainwash Schneider too!

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
"We like our team" - below average NHL team, average *at best*

"We're not going to sell the future" - the currently owned future is that of..a below average NHL team, average *at best*

If you believed in the future why would you pin any hopes on 38 year old Bertuzzi and 36 year old Samuelsson? Why would your top forwards all be players who have basically reached their ceiling or are well on the downward slope of their career paths?

Holland is in over his head with this situation. He's just trying to do what he always does, stick with the guys he has while cautiously introducing prospects. There's no Plan B if the guys he has aren't good enough and there's no Datsyuk and Zetterberg among the prospects.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
Funny to see both the Vancouver GDT and the DRW GDT, both fanbases were livid with their team last night. Enjoyed watching Nyquist, hadn't seen him in action yet- the guy looks like he'll be a player.

So how about an offseason trade then? Vigneault for Babcock?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad