GDT: Game 44 | Detroit Red Wings @ Vancouver Canucks | 10:00 PM EST | FS-D

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Miller is done for the year, Overall I've liked him during his tenure with the Wings but for the sake of the prospects hopefully that was his last game as a Red Wing.

Yeah, he is a guy who definitely over-performed relative to his cap hit and that's all you can ask from a player. He was a waiver wire pickup who played on a very cheap contract and was a solid bottom 6/PK'er.

ZDH

Mar 6, 2008
And Holland just said "If Bertuzzi and Sammy are Healthy next year" we can have a bounce back year.

:facepalm

For those people thinking if we dont make the playoffs than KH will have to make changes don't get your hopes up.

If we finish 8th/9th it doesn't matter next year is going to be the same team and the same ****ing disaster...

RedWingsNow*

Seems like you really don't like DD. I think most of us thought he had a great game.

Seems like you don't know what you're talking about.

DD is fine.

But he wasn't the second star of that game.

Datsyuk had a great game. Nyquist had a good game. Franzen had a very good game.,

aar000n

Oct 16, 2006

For those people thinking if we dont make the playoffs than KH will have to make changes don't get your hopes up.

If we finish 8th/9th it doesn't matter next year is going to be the same team and the same ****ing disaster...

Bu bu but I thought that missing meant we were going to be able to draft the next Yzerman

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Millers on the cheapest contract on the team as well as being one of the most consistant players, hardly waste of space. Try some of the guys sucking in 4 times Drew's wage and giving nothing in return.

If it's between him and Cleary/Eaves I will take Miller every time. Especially if he stays at the same price. One of the best values ever.

But ultimately, he's one of the few guys that are UFA next season and we have a ton of better talent knocking down the door. We might not have enough spots for all of them even if we let all our UFA's walk. What with Bert, Sammy, Tootoo still signed through next year. If we can move any or all of those guys and retain Miller for his 875k(?) hit, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground
Bert might be back for Monday, I guess. But curious with Miller down does that mean Tatar can be the injury callup if Bert isn't ready?

I don't think he can be called because we can still dress 12 forwards with Eaves, IIRC we'd need another injury before Tatar can be called up. Not 100% clear on how emergency call ups work though

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
I don't think he can be called because we can still dress 12 forwards with Eaves, IIRC we'd need another injury before Tatar can be called up. Not 100% clear on how emergency call ups work though

How'd we pull Sheahan up then?

Laser Rayzor

Cautiously Optimistic
Dec 8, 2012
The Underground

Good point, I'm not to sure how that worked but I got this from Mlive.

This leaves the Red Wings with 12 healthy forwards (Patrick Eaves was scratched on Saturday). They have exhausted their four post-trade deadline call-ups from the Grand Rapids Griffins and would need an injury in order to recall a player on an emergency basis.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

Sheahan was the final callup right? In any case if I remember right he was originally called up because Zetterberg might not go. Z did, and they just played Riley over Eaves that night. Not sure how that works then, was kind of my point.

I think they sent down Smith, Lashoff, Nyquist and DeKeyser to keep them eligible for the AHL playoffs should we miss and then brought them right back. We didn't play on April 3rd so it was an option, if I remember right that is how they used it, which will be important if they miss the playoffs in terms of all those guys playing and likely winning the Calder cup because it will be disgusting if they all go there.

Could be Lashoff, Nyquist, DeKeyser and Sheahan were the guys that burned this.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Seems like you don't know what you're talking about.

DD is fine.

But he wasn't the second star of that game.

Datsyuk had a great game. Nyquist had a good game. Franzen had a very good game.,
Don't get all insulting. That's a violation of forum rules! As you would well know.

But it does seem like every time somebody says "DD has a good game!" you have to chime in and say it wasn't very good. You shouldn't be so touchy, considering you said roughly that very thing in your reply. You don't seem particularly high on DD and go out of your way to say so.

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Yeah, he is a guy who definitely over-performed relative to his cap hit and that's all you can ask from a player. He was a waiver wire pickup who played on a very cheap contract and was a solid bottom 6/PK'er.

Yup. Miller was solid for what he was but he's played (or at least should've played) his last game as a Wing. We have enough forwards both on the roster and in the system to make him unnecessary.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad