Post-Game Talk: GAME 44 - Best win of the year? BRUINS 5 Colorado 2 F

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1705667225919.png

Looks like Pasta found a perfect gameday hat.

1705668263299.png

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Pastrnak has 29 goals now this season a little over halfway through. Got me thinking that I remember a time when our top goal scorers for the entire season were 29 goals… Sometimes not even that.

People complain about his giveaways or his play on the occasional 3-on-3. His contract. I couldn’t care less. When we have a guy who can do what he does, I just couldn’t care less about the nitpicks.

Pastrnak is a special talent with great infectious personality. I’m thankful every day that he’s a Bruin.
Excellent post as always!

Reactions: bruinsfan1968

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Missed this game. See lauko with a goal and he lead all skater with 5 hits. Is that legit stat, was he noticeably and impactfully physical?

Lauko is the opposite of what we've seen from other prima donna prospects, and he's a Euro. Hits everything in sight, motor's going all the time, knows he has to earn his ice time, and even drops the mitts. Doing everything he can to make the Bruins have to keep him on the big club, instead of pouting that he's on the 4th line and doesn't have any "quality linemates" (the biggest crock of shit meme in hockey. You want better linemates, play a better game!).

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Debrusk seeing open ice and skating the puck out of danger, then making that pass was a stunning play. When Debrusk is skating hard WITH possession, he usually has a decent night. Hopefully he continues trending up

Yea if he did that more often most fans here wouldn’t have his name on the trading block.

Nobody questions if he’s talented enough to be a top 6 contributor.

Its the consistency of effort.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Agree with Marshy

Pay DeBrusk for one
Just because the cap is going up and you have more money, doesn't mean you should have $12M locked up between a time share. Would you pay DeBrusk $4M to play 35-40 games? If you're giving Swayman $7M (ish), and he's the guy that's going to be playing the majority of the games, as much as I hate to say it, Ullmark and his $5M cap it should be traded while he has good value.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Just because the cap is going up and you have more money, doesn't mean you should have $12M locked up between a time share. Would you pay DeBrusk $4M to play 35-40 games? If you're giving Swayman $7M (ish), and he's the guy that's going to be playing the majority of the games, as much as I hate to say it, Ullmark and his $5M cap it should be traded while he has good value.
Go look in the Roster thread. I laid it out for you.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Go look in the Roster thread. I laid it out for you.
I get it. I just don't like $12/12.5 locked into 2 goalies who will be splitting the time. Is the system good? Sure, but that's a lot of money regardless.

If Swayman plays 55-60 games, is it worth it to have a $5M goalie playing 20?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad