Post-Game Talk: GAME 44 - Best win of the year? BRUINS 5 Colorado 2 F

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
It's a fair point, and maybe the better strategy is play each goalie until they lose a game...but I get the feeling these guys don't care too much, they seem happy to split games.
Oh, I understand. I just think if a guy is in the zone and has a fantastic game, taking him out of that rhythm could be a knife in the back at the same time.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
What is this talk of Lauko doing something at the end of the game and deserved to be beaten?! AVS were pissed? Didn't see anything. Intrigued
I seem to recall that as the game was winding down, the play was in the AVs zone, and an AVs player did something Lauko didn't like. Knocked him down or something. Play went up ice to the Bruins' end as the clock expired and Lauko caught up to that player and looked like he gave him a half-hearted crosscheck and tried to engage him maybe.

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
Pastrnak picks the top corner on an empty net. That's confidence.
1705688189029.png

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
That's the part I am stuck on. He had a skate on the line when the puck strikes his blade. So if that instant is ruled as possession, and the rules state a puck carrier and the puck are considered the same entity for the argument of only the puck carrier being onside...then the right call was made

but what defines possession?
nobody knows. i wouldnt call that possession on zachas play. but in my mind its close enough to be onside.

Reactions: TD Charlie

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
typical game from him,
when carlo and forbort come back, they better not play gryz over wotherspoon. dumb move if they do
Even the analytics crowd can't say much positive about him this year - only Mitchell and Lohrei have worse xG% than him and he starts the most out of all D in the offensive zone, except for Mac.

I wonder if losing Bergeron has exposed him a bit 5 on 5 since I believe (from my not so good memory) he most commonly played with his line at 5 on 5 in the past.

Reactions: hrdpuk

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Move Ullmark at the draft
Pay Debrusk
Get Hanifin and Hertl in the offseason
Duckboats 2024-2025
Rather Lindholm myself over Hertl .The right shot works better for Marchand.l and he is better without puck by the ole eye test( not looking up actual stats to prove it )But hey that is just my take, I could be wrong and Hertl score 40 here.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I wonder too, I didn't see anything but @DKH was at the game and must have seen something
Couple things

Live v TV

Live

The puck comes down with about 8 seconds left and I believe Lohrei gets and goes behind net seeing what Olafsson is going to do. You never know because I think at end of second a nothing end of period play Marchand went aggressively after Girard with malice. Girard didn’t like it and I don’t really blame him but it’s Marchand so know your opponent.

Olafsson body language and even facial expression seemed to convey ‘all set’ and he stood infront of Swayman for last 2 seconds as time ran out. Lauko skated over and gave him a not to subtle stick shove. It seemed and still does appear unnecessary. The Colorado players specifically McDermod didn’t like it and basically called Lauko a d bag

TV

Olafsson seconds before knocked Boqvist down at center ice so maybe that’s why. On TV if looked like a meh push but just feet away Lauko put power behind it.

My buddy I went to game with is a member here, coach and lots of folks know him he’s in our HFL League like myself - he came to the same conclusion

I did not know about the Boqvist knockdown so maybe that’s it

I thought it was BS move but because it’s Lauko and he’s on the Bruins it’s awesome (kidding)

Shit easily could have escalated and Swayman was standing there

I’m Monty I would have wanted to know what happened and probably told him he needs to pass on this if ever happens again

Remember - game 5 third period Monty puts out Lauko and Tkachuk sees this as they line up for faceoff- he switches to get next to him . Tkachuk sets him up leaning in, Lauko leans back - refs are now watching - Tkachuk little stick slash to Lauko bit of a love tap - Lauko comes back and Tkachuk goes into his Academy Award mode and Lauko goes to box

Reinhart scores goal on PP shortly after Cats up 3-2

I’m a fan of Lauko, however, he needs to understand situations and scores can be settled later on his terms

Reactions: KWbruin and caz16

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Couple things

Live v TV

Live

The puck comes down with about 8 seconds left and I believe Lohrei gets and goes behind net seeing what Olafsson is going to do. You never know because I think at end of second a nothing end of period play Marchand went aggressively after Girard with malice. Girard didn’t like it and I don’t really blame him but it’s Marchand so know your opponent.

Olafsson body language and even facial expression seemed to convey ‘all set’ and he stood infront of Swayman for last 2 seconds as time ran out. Lauko skated over and gave him a not to subtle stick shove. It seemed and still does appear unnecessary. The Colorado players specifically McDermod didn’t like it and basically called Lauko a d bag

TV

Olafsson seconds before knocked Boqvist down at center ice so maybe that’s why. On TV if looked like a meh push but just feet away Lauko put power behind it.

My buddy I went to game with is a member here, coach and lots of folks know him he’s in our HFL League like myself - he came to the same conclusion

I did not know about the Boqvist knockdown so maybe that’s it

I thought it was BS move but because it’s Lauko and he’s on the Bruins it’s awesome (kidding)

Shit easily could have escalated and Swayman was standing there

I’m Monty I would have wanted to know what happened and probably told him he needs to pass on this if ever happens again

Remember - game 5 third period Monty puts out Lauko and Tkachuk sees this as they line up for faceoff- he switches to get next to him . Tkachuk sets him up leaning in, Lauko leans back - refs are now watching - Tkachuk little stick slash to Lauko bit of a love tap - Lauko comes back and Tkachuk goes into his Academy Award mode and Lauko goes to box

Reinhart scores goal on PP shortly after Cats up 3-2

I’m a fan of Lauko, however, he needs to understand situations and scores can be settled later on his terms

Yeah the Olofsson/Boqvist incident is the answer. Just seconds to go in a game that's over and Olofsson shoves Boqvist right in the face and knocks him down. Completely unnecessary. Lauko didn't like it and let Olofsson know about it. One must remember as well that Boqvist had been borderline boarded by MacDermid late in the 1st and the Bruins didn't particularly like that one either, so there's a little history to simmer on there too.

I get your point that Lauko has occasionally given away silly penalties and he needs to avoid that. Very true. But in this case he stood up for a teammate and IMO that was absolutely the right thing to do. I can't see Monty having any problem with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad