Post-Game Talk: GAME 44 - Best win of the year? BRUINS 5 Colorado 2 F

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
What a game! Too many players to give props to. Wotherspoon impressed again. Glad Debrusk has come back to form. Gryz was meh. Great win!
I think it was 3-2, Grzelcyk got knocked on his ass in front of Swayman and coughed up the puck. Then Colorado pumped a couple good chances toward goal. I was preparing for the usual post game pitchfork treatment. Luckily, nothing happened as a result of the turnover

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Missed this game. See lauko with a goal and he lead all skater with 5 hits. Is that legit stat, was he noticeably and impactfully physical?

Reactions: caz16

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Does anyone know what was on Jake's right wrist? It looked like a brace on tv but I couldn't tell. Maybe it was KT tape?

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
The great thing about starting on time and converting on it is then you're dictating terms and you've got options as to how to play the rest of the game. If the opposition does make a good push, you're usually still keeping scope to push back. Great legs from the Bruins tonight from the first whistle.

DeBrusk was awesome. Great passing and vision, smart plays, good backchecking, skating well. Had it all here. Pasta too was not only scoring but also contributing in other ways, and it paid off for him. Twice he ended up scoring from plays that he first started by winning pucks. We know how good he is at putting the puck in the net, but when he plays a fully-rounded game like this one that's when his value really shines.

Even Monty was surprised when Zacha was called onside on Jake's goal. I think Brick was too even though he didn't outright say it. So was I frankly. I still think Pavel was off, just, but hey we'll take it. You get the good and the bad, fortunately this one went our way.

The Bruins have found a little something in Wotherspoon. We know some defenders just take a long time to develop and at 26 Parker's still in that window where improvement and really finding yourself as a player, especially for a reasonably sizeable guy, is very possible. Probably his ceiling isn't that high, but if he can be a reliable depth piece that's capable and doesn't mind coming in and out of the lineup, in the Steve Kampfer mould, that's just fine. I'd say maybe keep him away from Gryz though but someone has to pair with Matt as long as the Bruins keep dressing him. To be fair Gryz had finally put together a good little run of games of late, but not here. That was pretty messy.

Lauko deserves that goal. I know his advanced numbers aren't great, even for a 4th liner, but he gives 100% every shift, plays physical and puts his body on the line despite not being very big, and seems to be a great guy around the locker room. That blade injury was proper nasty too. So good to see him get some reward for effort.

Let's keep the good form rolling against the Habs.

Last edited:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Friday, January 19 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
- Practice, 11:30 a.m.
- Head Coach Jim Montgomery and select players available to media following practice

Reactions: hrdpuk

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
That was such a fun game, not too many penalties which makes for a good flow to the game. I thought the goal was onside(s...lol) but sometimes it is a coin flip and Boston has been ripped off many times so I'll take it. Colorado is good and this was a well fought game. I am very proud of the Bruins and Sway has been solid, gives Linus time to recover too. We are so lucky to have both.

I really enjoy watching Lauko, he plays his heart out every shift. I am glad he finally got his first goal of the season, I believe one of his was called back fairly recently but can't remember if it was BS from Toronto or fair. Lots of good things last night from our stars too of course. Congrats to Pasta on his 16th hat trick!

PS: Offsides is wrong, if the rule book says "offside", there is no other way it should be used, to me it is incorrect as per the rules.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad