Pre-Game Talk: Game 41 1/13 7:14 PM - at Poutineville | NESN, CBC, NHLN (US), TVAS, WBOS-FM 92.9

Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Don Cherry spoke for all Bruins fans after an awful ending in Montreal in 1979.

When he was giving that interview I was just after throwing a 13 inch tv out the front door over steps.THEY WERE CHEATED AND I STILL STAND BY IT.38 years and that game still haunts me.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
When he was giving that interview I was just after throwing a 13 inch tv out the front door over steps.THEY WERE CHEATED AND I STILL STAND BY IT.38 years and that game still haunts me.

I had never seen that interview before (admittedly 1979 was before my time). Thanks for posting it.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
*Puts arm around IrishBruinsFan's shoulder*

You're new at this so listen carefully to me. The Montreal Canadiens are the most vile, loathsome & slime infested franchise in the history of the NHL. They are the Evil Empire & the New York Yankees of hockey. The Hated Habs are sucking at hockey right now in addition to their general suckage and that warms the cockles of my Black & Gold heart immensely. Never mind the Penguins or the Canucks or any other NHL franchise. If you bleed Black & Gold Public Enemy #1 will always be the Montreal Canadiens.

:madfire: :rant: :nod::mad:
She’s just getting warmed up. :madfire:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

To this day I don't know how on earth we made it back to Boston in one piece.

We closed some joint on Crescent and then decided to drive through the mountains.

We made it to a breakfast joint in New Hampshire and the waitress looked at us and asked long night? I pointed to the Montreal papers we had and she gasped 'You were there?' - I'm buying your breakfast.

I didn't go back to the Forum for over 10 years. :cry:

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
When I think Montreal Canadiens the phrase that comes to mind for them is "Terminate with extreme prejudice". Let's MOAB them, the harder the better.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
Montreal-Bruins-HOME.jpg

A first grade teacher explains to her class that she is a Montreal Canadians fan. She asks her students to raise their hands if they were Canadians fans, too. Not really knowing what a Canadians fan was, but wanting to be like their teacher, hands explode into the air. There is, however, one exception. A girl named Mary has not gone along with the crowd. The teacher asks her why she has decided to be different. "Because I'm not a Canadians fan." "Then," asks the teacher, "what are you?" "Why I'm proud to be a Boston Bruins fan.", boasts the little girl. The teacher is a little perturbed now, her face slightly red. She asks Mary why she is a Bruins fan. "Well, My Dad and Mom are Bruins fans, and I'm a Bruins fan, too!" The teacher is now angry. "That's no reason," she says loudly. "What if your mom was a moron, and your dad was a moron, What would you be then?" A pause, and a smile. "Then," says Mary, "I'd be a Canadians fan." :laugh:

Lets Go Bruins!!!:clap:

Pacioretty day to day for the 3 games
1j4wma.jpg

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
While it was a crappy year in teh playoffs, I got to visit Boston for my first time in 2014, and complete my pilgrimmage to the TD Garden to watch the boys play against Montreal in the playoffs. I believe it was game 3 (I think? I cannot for the life of me remember now. It was one of the first four certainly) and the Canadiens won on a bullshit penalty call that the scored and won the game in overtime on the powerplay.

But man, you guys up there in Boston know how to make newcomers feel welcome! I loved the building, the city itself....I swear, if I could ever manage it somehow, i'd love to live up there. But it was so cool to see the biggest rivalry in hockey played out before my eyes in person. I never imagined i'd get the chance to see that.

That said, hope they go through these next few games with a savage intensity they seemed to lack under Claude whenever they played against the Habs in the past. It seems like that ended the moment Cassidy took over, so here's hoping!

Reactions: BruinsFan1990

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
These games just make me miss playing division rivals six times a year. Three just isn’t enough. Can’t wait though.

Oh how I miss those old Adams Division wars- the Habs, Sabres, hell even the Whalercanes. If NBC had any brains they would insist the NHL put more inter-division games on the schedule that way their "Rivalry Night" would actually mean something!

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Two of the most memorable goals ever scored by a Bruin right after Orr's goal!

Go Bruins!!!:clap::clap::clap:
Cam Neely provided the offence to finally conquer the Canadiens. It was the first Bruins' playoff series win over the Habs in 44 seasons

On the Way to Capturing the CUP

:cheers: :stanley: :cheers:

Cam Neely OWNED Patrick Roy. Just flat out OWNED him. Roy could never figure him out.

And oh the joy of defeating those poutine swilling swine in 2011 :hockey:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad