GDT: Game 40: LA @ COL | 6 PM MT | Dec 31, 2018 - NYE

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Let's all just agree to flush this one down the toilet and come back for a better 2019.

Hope Snow-blower Joe is reading this too...dude...as a GM you can't hide behind sticking your dick skinner into the operating end of a snow-blower. You still have a mind and the ability to make a deal. Get it done. It needs to be done....something has to be done. You can't seriously allow your two star forwards to think this is all the help they are going to get....f***ing help them out already...

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
I'm pretty confident Sakic is playing the long game right now. We aren't going to see any crazy trade to try and make a cup run. We might make some smaller trades, or maybe offload Varly. I can't imagine anyone paying top dollar for Barrie. He has destroyed most of his value.

Long game yes. But a team collectively can still have grit, and lose. This team lacks grit. A broken record...

Reactions: klozge

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I'm pretty confident Sakic is playing the long game right now. We aren't going to see any crazy trade to try and make a cup run. We might make some smaller trades, or maybe offload Varly. I can't imagine anyone paying top dollar for Barrie. He has destroyed most of his value.
If Joe is playing a long game, he needs to be fired. He's got a top 3 center on one of the the best deals you will see in 15 years. He needs to take advantage of that shit. I'm not saying load up on crap vets but there has to be deals out there to be made. If he squanders this deal waiting for draft picks and talent to develop...f*** me....It will be another rebuild/retool and more waiting in store for the fans. One thing Roy was big on...it was putting his balls on the table. He might have had the wrong idea but he wasn't afraid to go big. Joe seems to be lacking some of that.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Just watched the replay of that OT goal. Was that Rantanen lolly gagging his way to the bench and is that why Landeskog was so out of position waiting for Mikko to come off? Barrie went off first for Johnson and looks like Soda came on for Nathan so that leaves Mikko.

Reactions: James G

AvsFanInMichigan

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
Apr 16, 2018
Michigan
If Joe is playing a long game, he needs to be fired. He's got a top 3 center on a the best deal you will see in 15 years. He needs to take advantage of that ****. I'm not saying load up on crap vets but there has to be deals out there to be made. If he squanders this deal waiting for draft picks and talent to develop...**** me....
I have a strong hunch that this upcoming offseason he’ll make moves to put the team to the next step towards contending. I believe he wants to see what the Ottawa pick is before loading up on other talent.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Just watched the replay of that OT goal. Was that Rantanen lolly gagging his way to the bench and is that why Landeskog was so out of position waiting for Mikko to come off? Barrie went off first for Johnson and looks like Soda came on for Nathan so that leaves Mikko.

Yeah Bednar referenced that change by Mikko in his post game directly, as well as the weak sauce board battle right before.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
At this point Rants is so pissed off at Joe that he is actually lowering his value just so his contract doesn't focre the team to decide between him or MacK. Joe needs to get his dick skinner out out of the snow blower and start using the rolo-dex.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I have a strong hunch that this upcoming offseason he’ll make moves to put the team to the next step towards contending. I believe he wants to see what the Ottawa pick is before loading up on other talent.
I was hoping he would do this last off-season. That pick, whatever it is will be either very good for the AVs or some other team in terms of a trade. He should have been building the gifted team he had. Again, just one bonafied 2nd liner was all I was hoping for. If Joe refused to match what LVK gave Stastny, we will never win a cup with him in the front office.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
Stastny was a no-brainer....Considering what he signed for, we should have made that offer. Would loved to have been a fly on the wall and seen what the difference was in the offers he received.

I realize that putting all those eggs into one basket is bad business but what made PaulyWalnuts walk away from us? Honestly, I believe it was a lack of wingers. Again, we need to stop with the idea of drafting centers and converting them to wingers...at some point, we should just take a high-quality winger. We need those.
I wasn't opposed to Stastny. I hated losing him in the first place. But how do we know we didn't offer him x-whatever and he just wanted to be in LV, regardless? Wasn't the thing when he was here that some guys just couldn't wait to get to Las Vegas? Maybe he was one of those. We don't know. Maybe he had chemistry issues. But, yes, in a perfect world, getting him as a 2C would have been nice. We got rid of ROR and Duchene, so after 4 years he'd slot right in. But I doubt it was that simple.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

I don't really think we need to wait and see on the Ottawa pick because we arguably need two top six forwards. They are going to need to add one through trade or free-agency regardless. You hope the other two come internally with the Ottawa pick being part of that.

One guy this year would help ensure we make the playoffs and possibly be more competitive there. The second guy should put us in legit contention.

Right now I think it is really obvious when they can't seem to find that 6th guy for the top two lines. They do need Soda in his position but that also pulls at least Compher out of the top six as well.

It is just f***ing obvious how that piece is just not there.

AvsFanInMichigan

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
Apr 16, 2018
Michigan
I was hoping he would do this last off-season. That pick, whatever it is will be either very good for the AVs or some other team in terms of a trade. He should have been building the gifted team he had. Again, just one bonafied 2nd liner was all I was hoping for. If Joe refused to match what LVK gave Stastny, we will never win a cup with him in the front office.
I was hoping so too. I wanted him to make a serious offer to Taveres even though it was a long snot and at the least sign Stastney but that didn’t happen. I have hope something will happen this offseason hopefully If not I’ll get extremely impatient.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I like Joe on some days...then I realize he signed a f***ing offer-sheet and forced his owners to sell his team in order to match. Some of y'all think RoR is a prick? Naw....Snow-blower-Joe is a the real deal. He didn't have enough guts to show up after recovering from a "back" injury...he stuck his dick skinner into the operating end of a snow blower and forced his exit from the NHL. I love him for fighting Doug Gilmour and for a few other moments....but outside of handing the cup to Borque, I don't think he was that great of a team player. And seriously....that movement ultimately gave him more acclaim. He doesn't deserve the praise given him on this site. Especially this particular part of it.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I like Joe on some days...then I realize he signed a ****ing offer-sheet and forced his owners to sell his team in order to match. Some of y'all think RoR is a prick? Naw....Snow-blower-Joe is a the real deal. He didn't have enough guts to show up after recovering from a "back" injury...he stuck his dick skinner into the operating end of a snow blower and forced his exit from the NHL. I love him for fighting Doug Gilmour and for a few other moments....but outside of handing the cup to Borque, I don't think he was that great of a team player. And seriously....that movement ultimately gave him more acclaim. He doesn't deserve the praise given him on this site. Especially this particular part of it.

Oh boy

giphy (2).gif

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
If Joe is playing a long game, he needs to be fired. He's got a top 3 center on one of the the best deals you will see in 15 years. He needs to take advantage of that ****. I'm not saying load up on crap vets but there has to be deals out there to be made. If he squanders this deal waiting for draft picks and talent to develop...**** me....It will be another rebuild/retool and more waiting in store for the fans. One thing Roy was big on...it was putting his balls on the table. He might have had the wrong idea but he wasn't afraid to go big. Joe seems to be lacking some of that.
2 years ago we had 48 points and a trash roster. Right now we're third in the West, have 2 of the top 4 forwards in the league (22-23 years old). Have a huge draft coming up, some good prospects, and cap space to add a big name player in the off season.

I'm not sure how much faster you expect this team to rebuild. It's pretty much sheer luck that we were able to pull off the Duchene trade, and get Ottawa's pick.

Joe Sakic is the last guy I'd fire in that organization.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I wasn't opposed to Stastny. I hated losing him in the first place. But how do we know we didn't offer him x-whatever and he just wanted to be in LV, regardless? Wasn't the thing when he was here that some guys just couldn't wait to get to Las Vegas? Maybe he was one of those. We don't know. Maybe he had chemistry issues. But, yes, in a perfect world, getting him as a 2C would have been nice. We got rid of ROR and Duchene, so after 4 years he'd slot right in. But I doubt it was that simple.
There is now way to know unless someone speaks up. He did say he was open to coming back though. Unless we know what offers were laid on the table we will never know. It's funny though, because as far as I can tell, he left for the Blues because:
1: We had too many top six centers
2: He was a feee-agent and was going to cost more
3: He grew up in St. Louis....

It's really how funny how quickly a team can turn around. We've only got one of those top six centers left...We've only got a few good wingers. The Defense seems to be strong on paper but not really proven. Drafting centers doesn't appear the way to go. We need to start drafting high end wingers at some point. Trying to convert the Josts of the world into the wingers might not be the best plan moving forward. Of course it is a case by case scenario.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I like Joe on some days...then I realize he signed a ****ing offer-sheet and forced his owners to sell his team in order to match. Some of y'all think RoR is a prick? Naw....Snow-blower-Joe is a the real deal. He didn't have enough guts to show up after recovering from a "back" injury...he stuck his dick skinner into the operating end of a snow blower and forced his exit from the NHL. I love him for fighting Doug Gilmour and for a few other moments....but outside of handing the cup to Borque, I don't think he was that great of a team player. And seriously....that movement ultimately gave him more acclaim. He doesn't deserve the praise given him on this site. Especially this particular part of it.
You don't talk about Mr Sakic that way

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Just saw Jareds presser. Hes pretty pissed off and spot on in his assessment. Its a mental thing in OT. This constantly losing thing in OT is mental and its snowballing out of control. Being flat at home is alarming. This is a young team there is no excuse for being flat for 40 minutes.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
You don't talk about Mr Sakic that way
I do...

He forced the sale of his team. You shouldn't think about him as rainbows and unicorn shit. He's never been team first, until his final years when he signed one year contracts....I believe those contracts where still terrible for a team in a cap era. He should have been traded after the first lockout. Between him and Blake, it was crippling....the AVs could only offer Foote and Forsberg 1.2M a year or something because of the bonuses Sakic and Blake had in their contracts. The AVs got screwed and never recovered under the cap era. Has any team every had to loose talent like that via an expansion draft or salary cap reduction before? It's impossible to recover from that in a timely fashion. The fact that it took this long to start stock-piling the pond is unforgiveable.

I thank god that big snake eat PL.

Much work is left to be done and burning up MacKinnon's contract is not a recipe for success.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00