GDT: Game 40: LA @ COL | 6 PM MT | Dec 31, 2018 - NYE

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
[edit....Please don read my post as just another angry post after a loss....I normally don't post in GDTs. I'm just sick and tired of this team not having the tools necessary to take the next step. I don't recommend using them all in one shot, but seriously....we need help....the GM should be getting it for them....he wasted FA in summer and now he needs to do something....it's on Joe]
Wish you posted more. None of what you said is wrong. This team is seriously a bonafide second liner and perhaps another dman or two away from doing some damage. It feels like were so close yet so far with the stalemate.

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
Well, yes and no. The Avs are a weird team that way. There's a lot of potential and not much as far as expectations. At least not until they exploded coming out. Kerfoot, Compher, Jost are solid prospects. Wilson and Soderberg are, ideally, veteran threats. Problem is, no one has really grabbed those slots. I like that Sakic held firm. I think that the early success gave all of us an inflated sense of who the Avs are. If Colorado is close in February, make some moves. And hope that some depth appears over the summer. The guys are there.
Kompher has dropped off a cliff production wise really hope he isn’t a flash in the pan..

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
We lost 8 out of the last 10, 7 of them at home. 5 against bottom feeders (LA, Chi, Blues, Ariz). With the exception of maybe Vegas we didn't faced a top team and the schedule will only get tougher from now on.

I would love to be wrong but i think we are out of the Playoffs in 2 weeks max. And i f***ing hate that.

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Well, at leat the AdAmAns (sp?) can still put on a New Years show.

Ah. Tx for reminding me. Walk out back porch, PP right there. Good call.

PS, realized... PP not power play. PP = Pikes Peak.

Last edited:

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
This team doesn’t deserve a trade to pull them out of this hole. If they can’t climb out of it, so be it, there are just not good enough. Get that train back on the rails and then we’ll see. Talking about trades right now is insane.

Reactions: rozier24

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
Everyones production has fallen off. From the top down. Top line still getting points but not the 7 points we grew accustomed to haha. Compher atleast looks dangerous out there unlike Kerfoot and Jost.
Meant Kerfoot (damn gin n tonics) even at 43 points last year he seems a shell of that player.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Everyones production has fallen off. From the top down. Top line still getting points but not the 7 points we grew accustomed to haha. Compher atleast looks dangerous out there unlike Kerfoot and Jost.
L.A. is a terrible team. If we had faced a good team tonight, it would have been a blow out. Barrie set a record for the worst game I've ever seen played. Johnson wasn't far off.

Everything starts with the G / D, and we just don't have it right now. Throw in low secondary scoring, and now we're the worst team in the league.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
Guys, I wish you all a great a New Year. Health, happiness and success. All the best for 2019!

Last edited:

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
OK, but what player should he have gotten that was a solid 2nd line guy who would fit both ice and cap-wise? Who was out there UFA? Or what trade should he had made thinking Colorado was a bubble team going into the year?
Stastny was a no-brainer....Considering what he signed for, we should have made that offer. Would loved to have been a fly on the wall and seen what the difference was in the offers he received.

I realize that putting all those eggs into one basket is bad business but what made PaulyWalnuts walk away from us? Honestly, I believe it was a lack of wingers. Again, we need to stop with the idea of drafting centers and converting them to wingers...at some point, we should just take a high quality winger. We need those.

Reactions: rozier24

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
L.A. is a terrible team. If we had faced a good team tonight, it would have been a blow out. Barrie set a record for the worst game I've ever seen played. Johnson wasn't far off.

Everything starts with the G / D, and we just don't have it right now. Throw in low secondary scoring, and now we're the worst team in the league.

Spot on. Unfortunately.

Reactions: AvsFan29

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
This team doesn’t deserve a trade to pull them out of this hole. If they can’t climb out of it, so be it, there are just not good enough. Get that train back on the rails and then we’ll see. Talking about trades right now is insane.
Actually feel like this losing stretch may keep them from doing something stupider than they would otherwise. At least it should be insanely obvious they are much farther away than they (or we) thought. No need to gamble this season

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Actually feel like this losing stretch may keep them from doing something stupider than they would otherwise. At least it should be insanely obvious they are much farther away than they (or we) thought. No need to gamble this season
I'm pretty confident Sakic is playing the long game right now. We aren't going to see any crazy trade to try and make a cup run. We might make some smaller trades, or maybe offload Varly. I can't imagine anyone paying top dollar for Barrie. He has destroyed most of his value.

drhiii

Beat Navy.
Apr 25, 2014
Guy, I wish you all a great a New Year. Health, happiness and success. All the best for 2019!

I guess we can hope Santa will bring the Avs a win. Except Santa isn't schedded for another 359 days. Will the Avs have to wait that long for a win?

AnimalMother73

Sep 17, 2009
I'm pretty confident Sakic is playing the long game right now. We aren't going to see any crazy trade to try and make a cup run. We might make some smaller trades, or maybe offload Varly. I can't imagine anyone paying top dollar for Barrie. He has destroyed most of his value.
True they keep this up and it won’t cost as much to re-up their stars next off season

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
If by long game you mean we wait until we have to trade either MacKinnon or Rantenen due to salary cap, yeah....it's a long game. Just not sure how it will help the team win a cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad