Post-Game Talk: GAME #40 - Canucks def. Flames - 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Sigh

No team ever sits their stars to "rest" them on route to the playoffs. I do not know why people insist on it. I'd much rather they be in game shape than skipping a bunch of games for no actual reason.

the detroit red wings have rested their stars at the end of seasons for years.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Yeah, I don't think Hank's going to be ok with his ironman streak being snapped just to rest him.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Yeah, LA sucks in the playoffs. Let's play them.

Yes because they are gonna be that much better then st. louis this year, and repeat the cup run.....

My thinking is this team has scouted and maybe more prepared for an L.A series this year, obviously I dont want either, but its not absurd I dont want st. louis.

Garth Butcher

Feb 27, 2013
Saskatchewan
Sigh

No team ever sits their stars to "rest" them on route to the playoffs. I do not know why people insist on it. I'd much rather they be in game shape than skipping a bunch of games for no actual reason.

it happens in the NHL. then teams fighting for the last playoff spot get pissy because a team rests their stars against a team they are battling with for the playoffs. I can see teams doing whats best for their teams health if it won't affect where they finish. happens in football too.

John Bender*

Because they are gonna be that much better then st. louis this year, and repeat the cup run.....

My thinking is this team has scouted and maybe more prepared for an L.A series this year, obviously I dont want either, but its not absurd I dont want st. louis.

Hopefully Phoenix finishes 6th.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
The Blues should pass the Sharks, I think. We've lost all three to the Sharks this year, I think, so it's not like it's an easy match up, but it seems to me it might be a better one for the Canucks. Minny could also sneak into that spot. Or we could catch the Ducks (unlikely, but possible)

John Bender*

The Blues should pass the Sharks, I think. We've lost all three to the Sharks this year, I think, so it's not like it's an easy match up, but it seems to me it might be a better one for the Canucks. Minny could also sneak into that spot. Or we could catch the Ducks (unlikely, but possible)

Blues, Sharks, Wild or Wings is most likely. All have their pro's and cons.

WestleySnipez

Christmas came early
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver. Duh.
If the Canucks play .500 hockey their last 8 Minny still has to win 7 of 9 to win the NW.

I think we should be able to beat Colorado, Nashville, Dallas and Edmonton with ease, so long as we show up in the first two periods and continue to excel in the 3rd.

Winning against Detroit, St. Louis, Chicago and Anaheim will probably be tougher.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
If the Canucks play .500 hockey their last 8 Minny still has to win 7 of 9 to win the NW.

We've also shored up the tie break situation. Canucks have 1 more ROW than the Wild, with the Wild still having one in hand. Head to Head was 2-2, and next tie-break is goal differential. Canucks have destiny back in their own hands when it comes to the NW division title.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Blues, Sharks, Wild or Wings is most likely. All have their pro's and cons.

Blues:
Cons - Big team, bad travel, elite defense.
Pros - We have played them well this year, and Halak is out, I believe.

Sharks:
Cons - Big, can go on winning streaks, Niemi has been very good this year, they have beaten us pretty good.
Pros - Can go on losing streaks, defense isn't great, Niemi can be bad, best travel, we have beaten them in the playoffs before.

Wild:
Cons - Boring, bad travel, seem to own us in Minny, beat us the last two meetings, Pominville.
Pros - Defense is weak after Suter, we seem to own them in Vancouver, not that punishing a team.

Wings:
Cons - Have absolutely thumped us this year, bad travel, are the Red Wings, Datsyuk
Pros - Not that good a team, Kesler plays like a monster he-man against them, not that punishing.

All in all I still think I'd want the Sharks.

WestleySnipez

Christmas came early
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver. Duh.
Blues:
Cons - Big team, bad travel, elite defense.
Pros - We have played them well this year, and Halak is out, I believe.

Sharks:
Cons - Big, can go on winning streaks, Niemi has been very good this year, they have beaten us pretty good.
Pros - Can go on losing streaks, defense isn't great, Niemi can be bad, best travel, we have beaten them in the playoffs before.

Wild:
Cons - Boring, bad travel, seem to own us in Minny, beat us the last two meetings, Pominville.
Pros - Defense is weak after Suter, we seem to own them in Vancouver, not that punishing a team.

Wings:
Cons - Have absolutely thumped us this year, bad travel, are the Red Wings, Datsyuk
Pros - Not that good a team, Kesler plays like a monster he-man against them, not that punishing.

All in all I still think I'd want the Sharks.

At first I thought you were talking about cons for THEIR team. I was like "How the hell is being big and having elite defense a con?" lol

Pretty accurate though for us, good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad