Post-Game Talk: GAME #40 - Canucks def. Flames - 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
From reading the comments in this thread, Luongo has played well. Does he deserve to start the next game if Schneider is healthy?

He didn't deserve to be stapled to the bench since mid-March in the first place. It was kind of bad goalie management by AV to let Luongo rust on the bench like that. Whatever though, having two viable starters is a good problem to have going into the playoffs.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
From reading the comments in this thread, Luongo has played well. Does he deserve to start the next game if Schneider is healthy?

I don't think so, it's Schneider's job to lose, Lu can't really do much in this situation imo

John McClane

Apr 23, 2012
Calgary, AB
I love that we have the problem of which goalie to play because both of them are playing GOOD hockey.
Still think we have to go with Schneids if he's healthy. Luo was great tonight, but Schneids has been UNREAL and playing Vezina like hockey.

Zammer

Dec 4, 2010
Salt Lake City
He didn't deserve to be stapled to the bench since mid-March in the first place. It was kind of bad goalie management by AV to let Luongo rust on the bench like that. Whatever though, having two viable starters is a good problem to have going into the playoffs.

I agree, I was just wondering if people think AV will go with Luongo again to continue riding the hot goalie, or go back with Schneider (who is also playing extremely well).

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012

Well we can agree on this, its pretty clear schneider is the guy, but if lou is going to be a part of the team for the rest of the season he needs to get games in. I would give him 2-3 more starts.

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
I love that we have the problem of which goalie to play because both of them are playing GOOD hockey.
Still think we have to go with Schneids if he's healthy. Luo was great tonight, but Schneids has been UNREAL and playing Vezina like hockey.

Which is why I've always felt that it was always better to have that "insurance" than two 2nd rounders + Scrivens (not to Nonis wanting the Canucks to eat some of Luongo's salary). Different situation in the off-season though as there's plenty of time finding a veteran backup goalie once Luongo is dealt.

StringerBell

Lu looked pretty despondent in that interview considering the awesome game he just played. Hope the guy's okay upstairs.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
Sportsnet flames was claiming 38, so i guess that number was incorrect.

NHL.com has 40 saves 41 shots against.

If Colorado holds on against Anaheim, Canucks will be 7 points back of the Ducks with a game in hand and a head-to-head yet to be played. Catching the Ducks for 2nd is possible.

Garth Butcher

Feb 27, 2013
Saskatchewan
FLAME Pejorative SlurANT
Canucks use three goals in third period to down Flames, 4-1, and win fourth straight

headline from the nucks homepage. I like it.:laugh:

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Didn't watch tonight; how's the chemistry looking between Kesler and Kassian?

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Ended up being a pretty solid win. The Canucks turned it on in the latter half of the 3rd, as a good team would be expected to do, and added three goals worth of support for Luongo, who to that point had been holding the team in it.

40 saves on 41 shots for Luongo
1 PP goal for Daniel.
2 assists for Henrik.
Another point for Kesler in his 2nd game back.

Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad