Post-Game Talk: GAME #40 - Canucks def. Flames - 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
I think we should be able to beat Colorado, Nashville, Dallas and Edmonton with ease, so long as we show up in the first two periods and continue to excel in the 3rd.

Winning against Detroit, St. Louis, Chicago and Anaheim will probably be tougher.

And Minny has a much easier schedule. Have to win the easy ones, and hopefully a few of the tougher ones as well. Detroit SHOULD be beatable, though I think there is some sort of gypsy curse involved this year. Anaheim looks like they can be beat right now. St Lou will be tough, but we always play Chicago hard. I would hope we pull out 6 of 8 at worst.

Garth Butcher

Feb 27, 2013
Saskatchewan
Blues:
Cons - Big team, bad travel, elite defense.
Pros - We have played them well this year, and Halak is out, I believe.

Sharks:
Cons - Big, can go on winning streaks, Niemi has been very good this year, they have beaten us pretty good.
Pros - Can go on losing streaks, defense isn't great, Niemi can be bad, best travel, we have beaten them in the playoffs before.

Wild:
Cons - Boring, bad travel, seem to own us in Minny, beat us the last two meetings, Pominville.
Pros - Defense is weak after Suter, we seem to own them in Vancouver, not that punishing a team.

Wings:
Cons - Have absolutely thumped us this year, bad travel, are the Red Wings, Datsyuk
Pros - Not that good a team, Kesler plays like a monster he-man against them, not that punishing.

All in all I still think I'd want the Sharks.

Sharks!! a year or two ago, Joe Thornton looked all whacked out on crack in the opening faceoff. vibrating and head butting Henrik Sedin. crying to the ref after every play.

Derp Kassian

Jul 14, 2012
Vancouver
Lu looked pretty despondent in that interview considering the awesome game he just played. Hope the guy's okay upstairs.

Brad Ziemer ‏@BradZiemer 3m
"I wanted to really make sure that I showed the guys that I am here for the rest of the year and 100 per cent dedicated." #Canucks

John Bender*

Sharks!! a year or two ago, Joe Thornton looked all whacked out on crack in the opening faceoff. vibrating and head butting Henrik Sedin. crying to the ref after every play.

Torres is on the Sharks though. That sucks. He'll take out Kesler.

I wish they had picked him up. I also wish Gillis had picked up one more depth d-man.

I guess Gilly was too busy dealing with Nonis' lies and waffling.

John Bender*

"I wanted to really make sure that I showed the guys that I am here for the rest of the year and 100 per cent dedicated." #Canucks

I thought Lu looked like he was despondent too. I thought it was the emotion of playing for the Canucks again, and playing well - when maybe he thought he was basically done for the year and for his career as a Canuck?

StringerBell

I've seen guys like this go crazy.

Full out.

He's not going to go crazy, and he certainly played well tonight, he just sounded unhappy in that interview considering he played a great game. Hopefully it was more exhaustion than disconsolation.

As for first round opponents, provided we have home ice I wouldn't mind seeing the Sharks.

CCF23

Jul 11, 2008
Richmond, BC
Power play certianly isn't setting the world on fire, but it's coming around. Good sign heading into the playoffs if we can keep chipping away.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
He's not going to go crazy, and he certainly played well tonight, he just sounded unhappy in that interview considering he played a great game. Hopefully it was more exhaustion than disconsolation.

As for first round opponents, provided we have home ice I wouldn't mind seeing the Sharks.

as much as we all love luo's emotion win and lose, it has come back to bite him hard in the playoffs.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Power play certianly isn't setting the world on fire, but it's coming around. Good sign heading into the playoffs if we can keep chipping away.
I think the PP showed a lot of promise.

They actually had to respect the fact that Kesler will shot and the Canucks had about 3 different setups on the PP. 1 with Kesler in the slot, one with Kesler near the right post for a 1timer and one with him up high near the tops of the circle for a 1 timer.

Essentially Kesler is vital to this teams' success on the PP.

If they actually replace Edler with Garrisson, I think they're rolling.

John Bender*

as much as we all love luo's emotion win and lose, it has come back to bite him hard in the playoffs.

I love Lu. There's nothing I'd rather see than the guy go on a run and win the cup as a Canuck. Really. I'd love all his haters to eat crow.

I just don' think he has it in him. There are too many ups and downs in his game. One game in a series he looks unbeatable, the next he lets in 8 goals. You don't know if you're getting game 7 Dallas Lu, game 7 Chicago Lu or game 7 Boston Lu. He's so inconsistent in big games.

John Bender*

I think the PP showed a lot of promise.

They actually had to respect the fact that Kesler will shot and the Canucks had about 3 different setups on the PP. 1 with Kesler in the slot, one with Kesler near the right post for a 1timer and one with him up high near the tops of the circle for a 1 timer.

Essentially Kesler is vital to this teams' success on the PP.

If they actually replace Edler with Garrisson, I think they're rolling.

The more you see the team with Kesler in the lineup, the clearer it is to me that he is the single most important skater the club has. He is the heart of the team on the ice. An incredibly versatile and dynamic player.

Garth Butcher

Feb 27, 2013
Saskatchewan
Torres is on the Sharks though. That sucks. He'll take out Kesler.

I wish they had picked him up. I also wish Gillis had picked up one more depth d-man.

I guess Gilly was too busy dealing with Nonis' lies and waffling.

send weise out after torres, get him to say he ran over the taco bell dog, torres nails him with a dirty hit and is out the rest of the series. nuck get 2 goals on the following 5 min pp and win game 1.

and ya I would have killed to have torres back. word is MG was after him but the asking price was high.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
^Speaking of Weise, that guy drove me nuts tonight. Was waiting for Roy to flip out on him because every time the puck was on his stick the play ended immediately.

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
^Speaking of Weise that guy drove me nuts tonight. Was waiting for Roy to flip out on him because essentially every time it was on his stick the play ended immediately.

Actually I noticed after one of the playofs weise ****ed up on, the play stopped and the camera panned to roy and he had the look on his face of "**** off.. this guy..."

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
don't hate on weise, the guy has a limit of one good offensive move every 3 months, he can't help it

Garth Butcher

Feb 27, 2013
Saskatchewan
^Speaking of Weise, that guy drove me nuts tonight. Was waiting for Roy to flip out on him because every time the puck was on his stick the play ended immediately.

well with my plan he watches all but the 1st 10 minutes of the playoff run from the hospital with a concussion and a broken collar bone :laugh:

cc

Feb 28, 2002
Weise was next to useless playing on Roy's line. They should have put ebbett there instead.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Actually I noticed after one of the playofs weise ****ed up on, the play stopped and the camera panned to roy and he had the look on his face of "**** off.. this guy..."

That's understandable though imo, a playmaker needs to play with good players and it seemed as if Roy was extremely frustrated playing with Weise. Just his luck that he finds early chemistry with Higgins and then Higgins gets injured.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
weise is just planning ahead by not wanting to use up all his moves, boy you guys are gonna look dumb when he scores on a sweet deke top shelf to win the stanley cup

LeftCoast

Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver
weise is just planning ahead by not wanting to use up all his moves, boy you guys are gonna look dumb when he scores on a sweet deke top shelf to win the stanley cup

I can see it now. Opposing teams digging up scouting tape from the Danish league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad