Post-Game Talk: GAME #40 - Canucks def. Flames - 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samzilla

Prust & Dorsett are
Apr 2, 2011
Probably not.

It's more likely that he's just...Hansen. He's not going to look like a 2nd line sniper every game, and he doesn't seem to have great chemistry with Roy.

so AV benches him for over 9 minutes? It just doesn't add up if it's not an injury. If it was a chemistry issue, I think he'd get shuffled down a line. It's not like he's a defensive liability either, so it doesn't make sense to bench him in what was a close game at the time unless he's hurt.

Karter

Feb 16, 2012
Sherbrooke
so AV benches him for over 9 minutes? It just doesn't add up if it's not an injury. If it was a chemistry issue, I think he'd get shuffled down a line. It's not like he's a defensive liability either, so it doesn't make sense to bench him in what was a close game at the time unless he's hurt.

He could be under the weather too for all we know.

I'm sure it'll be fine though. I hope so anyway.

Derp Kassian

Jul 14, 2012
Vancouver
Surprised so many people are afraid to play the Blues. I think the Canucks are stronger at every position....

Schneider > Every St. Louis goaltender: Both Halak & Elliot have been extremely inconsistent this season. Is anyone afraid of meeting Jake Allen in the first round? It doesn't matter who they go with in net, Canucks have a definite advantage.

Canucks D > St. Louis D - Both teams have structured their defensive core in a pretty similar way, and both teams have lots of depth. That being said, in a seven game series, I would still take the playoff experience of the Canucks D-core. It's pretty close though.

Canucks forwards > Blues forwards - The Canucks have five forwards with 10 or more goals this season, the Blues have two. Sure the Blues have guys like Backes and Stewart that are built for the post season, but they also have a bunch of soft forwards (Oshie, Perron, McDonald, Berglund, Tarasenko) that the Canucks could grind down over a 7 game series.

I'd prefer to see the Canucks draw the Wild or Sharks in the first round, but I definitely don't think the Canucks should fear a first round matchup with the Blues.

The only advantage I see the Canucks having is in net.. They got an elite potential guy Pietrangelo and Bouwmeester who are both basically #1's with another excellent puck mover in Shattenkirk and a rough Defensive D in Jackman. Canucks can match JBO Shattenkirk and Jackman but not Pietrangelo.

Forwards are a wash imo but we'd need the Sedins to actually bust out vs a top pairing.. hasn't exactly happened in the playoffs.

Saw this tweet earlier on twitter
@fearthefin 9 Apr
St. Louis has a +9 goal differential despite 0.895 goaltending. They're ridiculously good.

Nov 1, 2011
Playing the Flames is just excruciatingly boring. Fans don't give a ****, and neither does the team (I think they were falling asleep out there, too). They decided to show up for 5 minutes and won. Nothing to take from this game (or any games against the Flames). I want to see how we fare against a real team. I really, really wish we could get that #2 spot. The team plays great at home, but it's a long shot.

It's funny, I'm basically psyched to see the team play and can't wait for the playoffs but somewhere around the 2nd period of the game I simply fell asleep. Had to wake up and watch the rest of the game (PVRed it).

Nov 1, 2011
Man Luongo was stellar tonight.

Yes, despite the scoreline, Luongo was the reason that we were even in the game at all. CGY got a ton of good chances and we didn't generate nearly as much.

Very happy for Lu.

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012

I think Hansen has had an arm injured ever since he took the Garrison bomb up high.

His hands have seemed a little off.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Wow how bad are the Flames? Canucks slept through two games and beat them 9-3 on aggregate.

Though I'm sure all the talk on flames sites is how they are so excited because they are showing they can skate with a good team so just an addition or two is needed.....

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Wow that game was painful, I thought the first period would never end. I found Henrik especially ineffective until he turned on the wizardous Sedinery in the third.

Any word on why Sestito was benched? He probably was tied for the most scoring chances on the team. If you tell me it was for not burying those chances I'm flipping my table.

Also: Omg get Derek Roy some wingers to work with. Hansen's having a great year, but they don't work together. And Weise? No.

MrShift4

GRRRR.......Babe
Aug 17, 2011
Calgary
Yes, despite the scoreline, Luongo was the reason that we were even in the game at all. CGY got a ton of good chances and we didn't generate nearly as much.

Very happy for Lu.

Yep. He saved our butts.

That final score really flatters the Canucks. They were brutal for most of the game.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Eh, I thought the game was evenly played through two. It was the third period where the Canucks fell asleep (yet inexplicably managed to score 3 goals all of a sudden, LAWL).

Still - not the most entertaining game of the season, that's for sure. Pretty good game for Lapierre and Ebbett, two guys who have deserved and received their fair share of criticism this year.

PhilMick

Formerly PRNuck
May 20, 2009
Calgary
Eh, I thought the game was evenly played through two. It was the third period where the Canucks fell asleep (yet inexplicably managed to score 3 goals all of a sudden, LAWL).

Still - not the most entertaining game of the season, that's for sure. Pretty good game for Lapierre and Ebbett, two guys who have deserved and received their fair share of criticism this year.

:laugh: Lappy's goal was so funny, Ebbett just mauled that defenseman and muscled the puck in front. So....un-Ebbett.

ddawg1950

Jul 2, 2010
Pender Island, BC Palm Desert, CA
Nothing completes a night more for me than the tears of Alberta teams. Gunna read the Edmonton and Calgary sections with my cereal in the morning.

tumblr_m9fwr5g3ld1rpnk74.gif

I completely identify with this.

Breakfast even tastes better when the teams from Alberta do the double fail.

The simple pleasures are best...like a warm pair of socks.

Interior Cascadian

Apr 2, 2007
Olympia, WA
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=420452

Pretty cool that they tried to get Butler in for the last minute.

Schneider was so sick that the Canucks arranged to dress University of Calgary goaltender Dustin Butler as their backup goaltender.

"It must be an awesome feeling to have something like that happen," said Luongo. "We tried to get him in there in the last minute or so but couldn't get a whistle."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad