Post-Game Talk: GAME 4 - Colorado 4 BRUINS 2 - Home Opener Saturday Night

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I’ve advocated a top nine of the following:

Marchand-Bergeron-Bjork/Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Pastrnak/Bjork
Heinen-Coyle-Senyshyn

That’s at least one shooter per line.
Senyshyn up to now hasn't show he's an effective shooter in the A. What makes you think he'll be better in the NHL.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Kuhlman goal should've counted. Grubauer re-set and the goal should have stood. Good game overall for the Bruins but the 2nd line RW needs to be addressed asap. Only a matter of time until we see Bjork.

Devils up next. Gonna be tough as they haven't won a game yet and they are due.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Senyshyn up to now hasn't show he's an effective shooter in the A. What makes you think he'll be better in the NHL.

It has been long enough with him, and perhaps he can do well as the go-to shooter playing third line minutes in the NHL. Boston should take advantage of his strengths (speed and shooting/scoring) and not obsess about making him a strong two-way player. There’s room on every team for a Kessel-type player whose role is purely offense.

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site

Senyshyn is junk. I don't care what that Bruins Network fellow says. He has a soft spot for him. Senyshyn isn't an NHL player, he's an average AHL'er. Bad draft pick, move along.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
The best top 9 they can ice is

63-37-88
43-46-10
74-13-83

Would need to make sure Bjork or Heinen became a shooter though.

Ya I'm not sure what to make of the 2nd/3rd lines. DeBrusk has been quite compared to his pre-season play and Khulman shows flashes to blow by defenders, but lacks finish. I really want to see Heinen-Coyle-Bjork, but I also think Khulman would be a bigger threat on the 3rd line vs the 2nd. Adding a guy like Bjork IMO opens up the different line combination you can throw out there. Plays both wings and a 200ft game. Has speed and skill, which is an asset to any line in the NHL.

Reactions: Estlin

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I think the most frustrating thing about reviews is when the goal happens a minute after the offside. I feel like if the goal isn't immediate (maybe 15 seconds as a cutoff) then it's not reviewable.

Pasta being a fraction of an inch offside had no effect on the play at all.

But rules are rules, cant argue with the offside, but I do disagree with the GI call.

I think that would be a great addition to the rule. Set a time limit on the offside. Too many plays happen (good and bad) between the potential off-side and the goal. It seems wrong to be able to erase all that time and that only one team can benefit. For example, let's say there's a missed offside and we miss an empty net that rims around for a breakaway the other way and we get scored on. If we had scored, the goal gets erased because there was an off-side once upon a time, but if they score it's a good goal even though the off-side still happened.

All that said, I'm still in favor of throwing replay into the Charles.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Yeah I've said elsewhere that the line needs and deserves a shooter. Perhaps Kuhlman for longer periods. Bjork is frequently raised as the big hope, and fairly so, but I don't think there's any proof yet that he's going to be a regular goal scorer. Definitely he deserves a shot, but it may not necessarily be that the 3rd line in particular will be the right fit for him.

Did you watch Heinen-Coyle-Bjork play together during the pre-season? They were dangerous almost every shift.

Reactions: Spooner st

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
It has been long enough with him, and perhaps he can do well as the go-to shooter playing third line minutes in the NHL. Boston should take advantage of his strengths (speed and shooting/scoring) and not obsess about making him a strong two-way player. There’s room on every team for a Kessel-type player whose role is purely offense.
Agree on the last part.
Disagree on his strengths, Senyshyn at the pro level never showed any of these strengths except for his speed. He is a hard worker but a very slow learner.

They obsess about the " 2 way player " since they realized he wasn't making it to the show on his speed alone. Since his shooting/scoring was/is below average.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
It's ridiculous how much better the third line is without the shells of Backes/Ritchie on it. Marchand/Pastrnak honestly look better with Krejci as well. Call up Bjork ASAP and get Backes/Ritchie out of the top 9.

Still a nice start though, 3-1 on a western road trip with a tough loss tonight.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Senyshyn is junk. I don't care what that Bruins Network fellow says. He has a soft spot for him. Senyshyn isn't an NHL player, he's an average AHL'er. Bad draft pick, move along.
He has this year to earn another contract.
I believe the organization will give him the chance to show what he can do at the next level.
Up till now, he's playing well in Providence since training camp.
Hopefully he can take advantage of his last opportunity in the organization.

Reactions: kdog82

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
It's ridiculous how much better the third line is without the shells of Backes/Ritchie on it. Marchand/Pastrnak honestly look better with Krejci as well. Call up Bjork ASAP and get Backes/Ritchie out of the top 9.

Still a nice start though, 3-1 on a western road trip with a tough loss tonight.
Ideally they should be out of the roster.
Backes out to pasture, Ritchie as the 13th, and play occasionally against certain teams to appease Neely's thirst of nostalgia.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
can we please get debrusk off krejci's line now.. why is the second line the only one that is not allowed to get tweaked..
heinen-krejci-shooter ( my vote is senyshn, give him two heady players that can dish and just tell him to shoot and skate. stick to his strengths, which was scoring until the b's put a leash on him)
debrusk-coyle-kuhlman/bjork

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Bruins management probably disagrees.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
can we please get debrusk off krejci's line now.. why is the second line the only one that is not allowed to get tweaked..
heinen-krejci-shooter ( my vote is senyshn, give him two heady players that can dish and just tell him to shoot and skate. stick to his strengths, which was scoring until the b's put a leash on him)
debrusk-coyle-kuhlman/bjork

Personally, I think the issue with the 2nd line is the constant tweaking they've needed to do at RW.

I'm not 100% sold on DK and JDB being kept together, but if they could get 15 games with a legit NHL caliber RW, maybe they'd produce more.

Reactions: BMC and Spooner st

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Personally, I think the issue with the 2nd line is the constant tweaking they've needed to do at RW.

I'm not 100% sold on DK and JDB being kept together, but if they could get 15 games with a legit NHL caliber RW, maybe they'd produce more.

Krejci put up a career high 73 points last season. Apparently without a RW.

Overblown.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Krejci put up a career high 73 points last season. Apparently without a RW.

Overblown.

Maybe, but considering JDB only had 12 assists, one can imagine how much better things could be if they had a 25 goal guy along side.

Reactions: BMC

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
I thought the Bruins played well enough to win. It was a very good game to watch until I fell asleep lol.

Avs a fast team and we got caught flat-footed a bunch of times.

This team really needs another top 6 right-winger.

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
I will say this team is a team that is easy to like. To open on the road on an 8 day roadie and to have to end it on one nights rest, which was actually a travel day, in the Mile High City against a team that just pushes the pace and has skill like that. I thought all in all it was a great 4 game swing and very impressed with last nights effort and not quitting after getting jobbed twice.

Reactions: pgm16

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
frustrating tilt, thought the B`s deserved better. Liked Debrusk`s game more but he literally tried to stick check Bura whatever his name is, brutal effort off the faceoff in the offensive zone, starts at the 5:04 mark on what wound up being the game winner

Grizz was an absolute train wreck defensively all night

Can`t stand that offside BS, I get it if it truly has an impact on the play and was blatant but this is getting ridiculous.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I'm not liking the revolving door of wingers for Krejci. A trade should have been made years ago, honestly.

We have a shit ton of solid young defenders. Package one for a guy who is a proven, young scorer.

Reactions: sarge88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad