Jun 4, 2016
4-2 Boston, 4-0 start this season

8621195044f96a919de4e41174b7b6a8--most-famous-quotes-best-quotes-ever.jpg

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
The call that should have been reversed was the goaltender interference call. The Colorado broadcast said it was "clearly interference" and myself and my old man were like "what? how?" - I'm genuinely shocked with that getting called back. I have no idea what warrants goalie interference at all anymore.

The offside was just frustrating. YES, technically it was the correct call, but that rule needs to be taken out back behind the woodshed and ended. The fact that the Bruins had so much control time, and went full globetrotters on the Avalanche only to have some nerd on video review rolling the clock back a minute or so to determine it was offside is just bush league.

The Bruins flat out deserved better last night. However, I'm glad this game happened in October and not April/May or June, otherwise I'd be losing my mind completely.

The game as years go by is getting harder and harder for me to watch, It's unreal. I'm at the point where I'm not convinced a goal is going to count until the puck is dropped at center ice.

The frustrating part is that you can pretty much bet money that there will be a half dozen more of these fiasco's, and then how many more in the playoffs? Someone called the nhl the NHLOL and that's a perfect play on the name. The officiating sector of the league ( and DoPS also) are embarrassingly uninterested in doing the right thing(s). The other less important but equally frustrating is that they don't care how it looks to their fans or to fans of other sports who may wander in to take a gander. As someone else here said (I paraphrase) "if I wasn't such a crazy hockey/Bruins fan I would be Sooo done with the NHL." I AM done with the NHL but I will never turn on my Spoked B team or my fellow B's fans. It's almost like we should start a union for fans of teams screwed over by TML loser backlash.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I liked many things about that game last night besides the ending. First line being one of them, Z as well

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
The frustrating part is that you can pretty much bet money that there will be a half dozen more of these fiasco's, and then how many more in the playoffs? Someone called the nhl the NHLOL and that's a perfect play on the name. The officiating sector of the league ( and DoPS also) are embarrassingly uninterested in doing the right thing(s). The other less important but equally frustrating is that they don't care how it looks to their fans or to fans of other sports who may wander in to take a gander. As someone else here said (I paraphrase) "if I wasn't such a crazy hockey/Bruins fan I would be Sooo done with the NHL." I AM done with the NHL but I will never turn on my Spoked B team or my fellow B's fans. It's almost like we should start a union for fans of teams screwed over by TML loser backlash.
Absolutely. People are getting bread into the game that will be growing up with these rules and others who see the game as just getting more and more robotic, like us.

Unfortunately there’s nothing we can do about it. I’m super pro-fighting and even now I have changed my tune a bit. I still wish there was more nasty, but I’m getting used to the fact that the game is much softer.

I however will not get used to more video review, hahahaha

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Whatever call the reffs make at the time( in regards to offsides ) is the one they should go with . I really don’t know how they could solve the inconsistencies that occurs again and again with goaltender interference.
I would love to see the blue line be 18 inches wide so that there's far greater leeway on these calls and not simply call it offside/no goal because of an inch offside. Also, as others have said (and this is good common sense that should've been done LONG ago) if the play has been ongoing for over a minute in that zone, it's too late to call it back. What is wrong with the brains of the NHL hierarchy that they can not think this deeply because honestly my 8 year old grandson can grasp this "concept." Schmucks!!

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
THAT I agree with. The "goal scoring is the only thing that matters" comment is what I was shooting at.

Yeah it's just about finding the right balance. The Bruins have a stack of guys who can compete, win pucks, create good plays and manage things sensibly in their own end. But genuine scorers/snipers who can finish and get rubber in the net, not so much, especially when DeBrusk is struggling (although he looked a bit better in Denver). So the equation to solve is how to we get more of the latter without compromising the former too much? And what exactly do/should we expect from each line?

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
[QUOTE="Blowfish, post: 165304171, member: 23576"]I miss Mojo. :( . this is a crazy stat. Hoping something changes soon. So frustrating watching two talented players wasting away with plugs while better prospects are stuck in Providence/sitting because of poor signings.

Coyle working on his next contract can't be to happy - perhaps it's a master plan by Don? Keeping totals down for Heinen/Coyle...lol[/QUOTE]

Mojo has 4 pts in the 1st four games. We could not keep him because we have a 6 million dollar bubble player. Marleau comes back, no training camp and gets 2 pts in his 1st game. James Neal is on fire, it's okay we have Backes and Ritchie, poor Krech. One day we will get a winger for him, maybe when he is on the Bruins oldtimer team with Nifty Rick.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
The call that should have been reversed was the goaltender interference call. The Colorado broadcast said it was "clearly interference" and myself and my old man were like "what? how?" - I'm genuinely shocked with that getting called back. I have no idea what warrants goalie interference at all anymore.

The offside was just frustrating. YES, technically it was the correct call, but that rule needs to be taken out back behind the woodshed and ended. The fact that the Bruins had so much control time, and went full globetrotters on the Avalanche only to have some nerd on video review rolling the clock back a minute or so to determine it was offside is just bush league.

The Bruins flat out deserved better last night. However, I'm glad this game happened in October and not April/May or June, otherwise I'd be losing my mind completely.

The game as years go by is getting harder and harder for me to watch, It's unreal. I'm at the point where I'm not convinced a goal is going to count until the puck is dropped at center ice.

Great take on twitter about this: Krejci's stick tap to the goaltender pads called a penalty but the Dudley Death Drop on Acciari in game 5 was all good.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I went and watched the game again tonight. I loved the pace from both teams; it was up and down hockey for good stretches and I thought the Bruins had the better of the chances.

Krug is on another level this year. Get that long term contract done ASAP. If he's healthy, don't be shocked if at the end of the year he's at 70+ points with some Norris attention ( yup, bookmark this post ). Even his defense ( which has always been underrated around here ) has been better so far - gaps have been good, stick work in lanes vastly improved, and looks a lot lighter on his feet.

Gordoff

Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I went and watched the game again tonight. I loved the pace from both teams; it was up and down hockey for good stretches and I thought the Bruins had the better of the chances.

Krug is on another level this year. Get that long term contract done ASAP. If he's healthy, don't be shocked if at the end of the year he's at 70+ points with some Norris attention ( yup, bookmark this post ). Even his defense ( which has always been underrated around here ) has been better so far - gaps have been good, stick work in lanes vastly improved, and looks a lot lighter on his feet.
I know that most of todays players are so much better, more agile etc. With the advent of better equipment, training, and nutrition I feel that a guy like Krug (if we had a time machine) would be in the top 5 in the NHL if he could go back to 1970... Just a thought but watching him play the other night vs. Las Vegas I was mentally comparing him to guys like Park, and to some respect Orr.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I know that most of todays players are so much better, more agile etc. With the advent of better equipment, training, and nutrition I feel that a guy like Krug (if we had a time machine) would be in the top 5 in the NHL if he could go back to 1970... Just a thought but watching him play the other night vs. Las Vegas I was mentally comparing him to guys like Park, and to some respect Orr.

Krug's sweet backhand feed down the middle of the ice, past a couple of defenders, and right on to Backes stick springing him for a chance was a thing of perfection.

Reactions: Strafer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad