Post-Game Talk: GAME 4 - Colorado 4 BRUINS 2 - Home Opener Saturday Night

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Look at the way Jeremy Jacobs fought for a hard cap. He was relentless and was IMO the main catalyst in getting the cap implemented. IF Jacobs cared about wins/losses, if he fought for fair unbiased officiating (and platooned with other disgruntled owners) he would eventually get his way. Bottom line is that it doesn't affect HIS bottom line and actually this makes the fans more
fanatical. Fanatical fans spend more money than casual "who gives a sh** " fans. HE and a few other owners need to force the issue but he/they won't because it all plays into maximizing the bottom line.

Jacobs strikes me as a guy who never played any sports and really doesn't give a **** about the fans or winning.

As long as the $$$ keeps rolling in ...he's happy

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Could you image the whine-fest that wouldve ensued around these parts if the Pats got hosed in a game like the Bruins did last nite??? I cant even imagine.
The call that should have been reversed was the goaltender interference call. The Colorado broadcast said it was "clearly interference" and myself and my old man were like "what? how?" - I'm genuinely shocked with that getting called back. I have no idea what warrants goalie interference at all anymore.

The offside was just frustrating. YES, technically it was the correct call, but that rule needs to be taken out back behind the woodshed and ended. The fact that the Bruins had so much control time, and went full globetrotters on the Avalanche only to have some nerd on video review rolling the clock back a minute or so to determine it was offside is just bush league.

The Bruins flat out deserved better last night. However, I'm glad this game happened in October and not April/May or June, otherwise I'd be losing my mind completely.

The game as years go by is getting harder and harder for me to watch, It's unreal. I'm at the point where I'm not convinced a goal is going to count until the puck is dropped at center ice.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
The game as years go by is getting harder and harder for me to watch, It's unreal. I'm at the point where I'm not convinced a goal is going to count until the puck is dropped at center ice.

Exact same thing here. I hate not being able to fully celebrate a goal when there is any doubt about the zone entry. It really does make the whole experience a little less enjoyable.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Exact same thing here. I hate not being able to fully celebrate a goal when there is any doubt about the zone entry. It really does make the whole experience a little less enjoyable.
It's brutal. It's like putting in work with a girl at the bar, she's down to come home with you, you're excited and then she pukes on your floor.

I don't like it at all.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
It's brutal. It's like putting in work with a girl at the bar, she's down to come home with you, you're excited and then she pukes on your floor.

Right now, multiple regulars here are trying to figure out what you are complaining about.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
it sucks. because im watching a game and like i get these offsides calls about 90 percent of the time live on the play. so im like dont score or its coming back. if i was watching that game last nite. i wouldve definitely said that....to myself .

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
It's irrational, I know... but i can't stand it. I also can't stand people with their phones out during games and concerts.
I think it is so cool that a young person your age sees this the same way someone who really is OLD (like me) does.

9 does

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
When they first added replay i had assumed it would be for the egregious offside calls that immediately preceded a goal. Boyyyyyy was i wrong. Now we are looking at shadows underneath a skate blade a fraction of an inch off the ice, and pixels of the puck crossing a cut up sloppy blue line. It’s absurd.

Let’s just put robots on the ****ing ice, stick censors in the pucks and nets and get it over with.

Not a bad idea

Robot referees, linesmen and video replay officials......at least they'd be unbiased

Last edited:
Reactions: hrdpuk

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Half of the time they waste 5 minutes hovering around an iphone 5 like dorks to still get the call wrong.
Whatever call the reffs make at the time( in regards to offsides ) is the one they should go with . I really don’t know how they could solve the inconsistencies that occurs again and again with goaltender interference.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Another one is the whole "Intent to blow the whistle" - Like i can intend to go get groceries, but if i don't, we won't eat.

"Well, I was going to blow the whistle, but didn't blow the whistle but i meant to blow it a few seconds earlier so, no goal!"

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Did you watch Heinen-Coyle-Bjork play together during the pre-season? They were dangerous almost every shift.

Yes and I agree, they looked really good together. Initially I was all for that combination starting the season as our 3rd line. But I've since thought that perhaps there's a difference between being dangerous and actually producing. I would trust that combination against any of the opposing lines, and I'd expect them to manage the puck well, play good D, and create plenty of good chances on offense. But would they actually score a reasonable amount of goals? Neither Coyle or Heinen are natural, regular scorers or have a great shot. Bjork has yet to prove that he is any different, even at AHL level. That's largely not his fault, with all the injuries he's had, but it's still an unknown.

It might be that if you put 3 talented, smart, creative, hard-working players together then they'll just find ways to score even without any of them having a particular knack for putting pucks past goalies. I'd certainly be happy to see them try it, and it may also be that Bjork actually does find good scoring touch. But I'm just not convinced that it'll definitely work out.

The other thing too is that if we had 2 other lines that were regular, reliable producers then having a 3rd that may not score a lot but is hard to play against, can wear an opponent down and can match up with their best for extended periods would be perfectly fine. But at this point we've only got 1 consistent scoring line, so I think we need a 3rd that packs some genuine secondary scoring. Find the guy we need to get the 2nd really motoring, and suddenly Heinen-Coyle-Bjork/Kuhlman looks fantastic as a line that just keeps putting the pressure on, whether they score a lot themselves or not.

Reactions: Strafer and sarge88

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Avs fan here in peace. The Avs definitely got outplayed for 2.5 periods. We're very fortunate to walk away with a win tonight. For what it's worth, I don't believe that overturning the goal on goaltender interference was the right call. The Bruins were swarming tonight.

This may be weird, but I'm not even mad at the Avs. I'm mad at the league. This game was ruined for me because of the 2 goals called back. Even if they were the correct calls it ruined the game for me. As a fan I hesitate every time my team scores now because it could be over ruled. I miss just joyously jumping up and celebrating when my team scores. IMO, its hurting the sport. It definitely is for me.

Avs are good, hope you'rgoaltending can hold out. If it does you will be a team to watch in the west.

Reactions: Strafer

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Yes and I agree, they looked really good together. Initially I was all for that combination starting the season as our 3rd line. But I've since thought that perhaps there's a difference between being dangerous and actually producing. I would trust that combination against any of the opposing lines, and I'd expect them to manage the puck well, play good D, and create plenty of good chances on offense. But would they actually score a reasonable amount of goals? Neither Coyle or Heinen are natural, regular scorers or have a great shot. Bjork has yet to prove that he is any different, even at AHL level. That's largely not his fault, with all the injuries he's had, but it's still an unknown.

It might be that if you put 3 talented, smart, creative, hard-working players together then they'll just find ways to score even without any of them having a particular knack for putting pucks past goalies. I'd certainly be happy to see them try it, and it may also be that Bjork actually does find good scoring touch. But I'm just not convinced that it'll definitely work out.

The other thing too is that if we had 2 other lines that were regular, reliable producers then having a 3rd that may not score a lot but is hard to play against, can wear an opponent down and can match up with their best for extended periods would be perfectly fine. But at this point we've only got 1 consistent scoring line, so I think we need a 3rd that packs some genuine secondary scoring. Find the guy we need to get the 2nd really motoring, and suddenly Heinen-Coyle-Bjork/Kuhlman looks fantastic as a line that just keeps putting the pressure on, whether they score a lot themselves or not.

Agree entirely!

There is value in possession and defensive competence, but in the end scoring goals is the most important statistic of all.

Finding one more legit 25 goal guy, either to play on line 2 or 3 would make the third line that much more effective.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Agree entirely!

There is value in possession and defensive competence, but in the end scoring goals is the most important statistic of all.

Finding one more legit 25 goal guy, either to play on line 2 or 3 would make the third line that much more effective.

You realise that you've now become a Montreal fan from the 80s, right? JUST GOAL SCORERS, NOBODY DOING ANYTHING ELSE THATS HOCKEY

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
You realise that you've now become a Montreal fan from the 80s, right? JUST GOAL SCORERS, NOBODY DOING ANYTHING ELSE THATS HOCKEY

Not at all.

If lines 1 and 2 are producing then line 3 doesn’t need to score as much and their ability to defend and hold possession is more valuable.

If either of line 1 and 2 aren’t scoring enough then you’d need more goals from line 3.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Not at all.

If lines 1 and 2 are producing then line 3 doesn’t need to score as much and their ability to defend and hold possession is more valuable.

If either of line 1 and 2 aren’t scoring enough then you’d need more goals from line 3.

THAT I agree with. The "goal scoring is the only thing that matters" comment is what I was shooting at.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00