Post-Game Talk: GAME 4 - Colorado 4 BRUINS 2 - Home Opener Saturday Night

Number6

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Overall, a good road trip. However, Bruins need to find two new right wingers. Wagner, Backes, Ritchie, and Kuhlman are all 4th liners at best.

Reactions: bbfan419

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Will reiterate how much I hate coaches challenge. Sure the offside was "the correct call", but if they are going to call it so close, they might as well have it done with computers and remove the human element.

That's what it feels like. I mentioned this above, but near the end of the game Grz kept the puck in at the blue line (I slo-mo'd it, paused, but will admitI don't have the NHL replay technical capabilities) but that is not reviewable even though it absolutely affected the play. Butterfly effect and all that. Not to mentioned penalties that go uncalled, or ticky-tack stuff that does get called. It's part of the game with human referees. It makes it fun to watch even with the inevitable frustrations. In fact, I would go so far to say as bitching about officiating is a pilar of the sports experience :laugh: How dare they try to deprive us of one of the elements that leads us to pay our hard-earned cash to their leagues!

Reactions: weaponomega

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I like Kuhlman's speed and shot but he's never scored goals anywhere and now at the age of 25 he's all of a sudden going to become an NHL sniper? I'm not sure what the brass is thinking. I mean it would help if DeBrusk actually took the next step and became a consistent 30 goal scorer
agreed on both Debrusk and Kuhlman, personally, while I don`t think it would be horrific to have him on the 4th, think he`s best fit being on a 3rd line.

Debrusk finally woke up a bit offensively last night with unfortunate results but his horrific play on the offensive faceoff literally led to the Avs clearing the zone and his man scoring. I`m a big fan of Jake`s but man does he tend to get a ton of free passes here

Reactions: chizzler

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Think it’s time the league comes up with a city rotation for reviews. You’d think having the same guys in a room would make things consistent but it doesn’t seem to be.

so **** it. I want to see what the great hockey minds of Biloxi come up with on goalie interference. Maybe some chaps in New Mexico wouldn’t mind watching games for beer for a night. It can’t be any worse.

I would like to nominate this post for "Best Post on HF Boards for October 2019" !!

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I'm probably in the same boat as you as I love Bruins hockey

...but I'm still really pissed off at the NHL and the way it's being run

I'm getting so frustrated ...and if this **** continues against the B's, I may have to take a break from hockey

Look at the way Jeremy Jacobs fought for a hard cap. He was relentless and was IMO the main catalyst in getting the cap implemented. IF Jacobs cared about wins/losses, if he fought for fair unbiased officiating (and platooned with other disgruntled owners) he would eventually get his way. Bottom line is that it doesn't affect HIS bottom line and actually this makes the fans more
fanatical. Fanatical fans spend more money than casual "who gives a sh** " fans. HE and a few other owners need to force the issue but he/they won't because it all plays into maximizing the bottom line.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Amazing how we still have the same hole that we did long before the trade deadline last season.

To be fair, getting McAvoy and Carlo under contract was a tad bit more important than signing yet another guy to play alongside Krejci......especially when the system had guys that could maybe fill that 2nd line RW hole. They had nobody in line to replace McAvoy and Carlo. Imagine for a second what kind of D pairs we would have right now without those 2 guys. It's beyond frightening.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
To be fair, getting McAvoy and Carlo under contract was a tad bit more important than signing yet another guy to play alongside Krejci......especially when the system had guys that could maybe fill that 2nd line RW hole. They had nobody in line to replace McAvoy and Carlo. Imagine for a second what kind of D pairs we would have right now without those 2 guys. It's beyond frightening.
They needed to lock them up yes.But the hole on 2nd line is big make no mistake about it.Bruins have to fix that cause its not coming from anyone in their system in my humble opinion.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
They needed to lock them up yes.But the hole on 2nd line is big make no mistake about it.Bruins have to fix that cause its not coming from anyone in their system in my humble opinion.

Nobody is saying it's not an issue. Nobody. It just wasn't as important as locking up our young #1 and #2 RHD......the literal future of this team.

If they were able to move out a contract like Backes, then I'm 100% positive the #2 RW position would've been addressed. They no doubt tried, but couldn't. It happens. Now, they don't have the cap space to do it and have to make do with what they have, unless something changes between now and the trade deadline.

As has been already pointed out, Krejci had a literal career year last year with a revolving door at that position, so it's not really the "need" they had at other positions. Is it ideal? Of course not. But they've been there before and worked around it. No roster is perfect.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
DeBrusk had his best game of the year by far. Didn't deserve both points to be taken off the board. 2nd line RW spot is the only hole on this team, but its a bit hole. Its huring both the 2nd line and the 3rd because it doesnt allow Kuhlman to be used in an effective spot.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
I’ve advocated a top nine of the following:

Marchand-Bergeron-Bjork/Pastrnak
DeBrusk-Krejci-Pastrnak/Bjork
Heinen-Coyle-Senyshyn

That’s at least one shooter per line.
What in the world has Senyshyn done to earn that spot over Kuhlman?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad